SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ukraine said it killed Russian Lt. Gen. Yakov Rezantsev, Russia's 49th Combined Arms Army commander.

He's said to be the seventh general to have died in battle since Russia invaded Ukraine in February.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
There gonna need a bigger deck of cards.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Putin is trying to scale back without admitting he has lost.

We never really wanted to take Kiev…yeah, thats the ticket Roll Eyes

“Moscow signalled on Friday it was scaling back its ambitions in Ukraine to focus on territory claimed by Russian-backed separatists as Ukrainian forces went on the offensive to recapture towns on the outskirts of the capital Kyiv.”

“In an announcement that appeared to indicate more limited goals, the Russian Defence Ministry said a first phase of its operation was mostly complete and it would now focus on "liberating" the breakaway eastern Donbass region.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/...s-poland-2022-03-25/

You know, I just had a thought - this means that, despite all the promises and bluster, the Russians just couldn't get any kind of troop commitment out of Belarus, doesn't it? They've threatened to bring in massive numbers of troops from there three times so far, and it just hasn't happened at all yet. If the Russians are no longer focusing on attacking Kiev from the north, of course, there will be no need.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
So basically Putin got his ass handed to him by a far inferior sized, equipped, and technologically hobbled force and he knows the world knows it. Beautiful!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just one more reason to HATE Joe Biden. First world country that's going to be begging for food due to utter incompetence. This is not due to Russia or Putin, this is specifically due to Biden and the other retards running western countries. No gas, no money, and now no food. Thank god the adults are back in charge again. MadMadMad

Biden Says to Expect ‘Real’ Food Shortages Due to Ukraine War

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Great Reset Continues.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Would be swell if the Russians could be killed in the least expensive manner. It would be even better if the U.S. didn't spend any money in Ukraine, seems like they are doing okay and have plenty of support.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Would be swell if the Russians could be killed in the least expensive manner. It would be even better if the U.S. didn't spend any money in Ukraine, seems like they are doing okay and have plenty of support.

No matter who wins, Ukraine's civilian infrastructure is going to need to be rebuilt after the war ends.

If the Russians take Kiev and install a puppet regime, they will be on the hook to rebuild it.

If the Ukrainians maintain control of most of their country, they will be looking to Western Europe and the US to support them in that effort.

Whoever wins, victory will prove expensive.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

No matter who wins, Ukraine's civilian infrastructure is going to need to be rebuilt after the war ends.

If the Russians take Kiev and install a puppet regime, they will be on the hook to rebuild it.

If the Ukrainians maintain control of most of their country, they will be looking to Western Europe and the US to support them in that effort.

Whoever wins, victory will prove expensive.

Victor/Loser both lose.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah and it will look like East Berlin before the wall came down. I do not see the Russians spending any significant money to rebuild.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah and it will look like East Berlin before the wall came down. I do not see the Russians spending any significant money to rebuild.

True enough. Plus, I don't think the Russians will have the money to do it even if they wanted to.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
Ukraine's civilian infrastructure is going to need to be rebuilt after the war ends.

I bet hunter biden knows who'll get the contracts.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
It's the weekend, so taking a quick moment from this serious topic for a quick moment of humor.
Big Grin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyZci7Cmp8

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
According to this article, Russian troops suffering from low morale ran over one of their commanders with a tank.

[Note: hyperlinks found at linked website article.]

=================

Mutinous Russian troops ran over their own commander, say western officials

Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
Fri 25 Mar 2022 14.38 EDT

Western officials have said they believe a Russian commander was run over by mutinous forces during the fighting in Ukraine, in a sign of what they described as the “morale challenges” faced by the invading forces.

They highlighted – and repeated – reports from earlier this week from a Ukrainian journalist that a colonel of the 37th separate guards motor rifle brigade was run over by a tank. Some reports said he had died of his injuries.

One official said they believed that the brigade commander was “killed by his own troops” as “a consequence of the scale of losses that had been taken by his brigade” in the bitter fighting.

However, while there was some evidence to corroborate the claim that the commander had been run over, it was less clear whether, as the western officials claimed, the colonel had died. On Friday night, they partially retracted the claim in the light of conflicting evidence on social media. They said they were seeking to clarify whether he was alive or dead – and said that the key point was that he was a victim of a mutiny, not whether he had been killed or not.

The original report of the mutiny was made on Wednesday on Facebook by a Ukrainian journalist, Roman Tsymbaliuk, who said that it occurred after the unit, which had been fighting in Makariv, west of Kyiv, had lost “about 50% of their personnel”.

"After choosing a convenient moment, during the fight, he ran over the commander standing next to him, injuring both his legs,” the journalist wrote. The colonel was then moved to a hospital in Belarus.

A separate film released by the Chechen leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, a close ally of the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, showed the commander, Yuri Medvedev, being transported by medical troops, in which he is clearly alive.

In it, a Chechen fighter speaks to a soldier on a stretcher who clearly has leg injuries, saying: “Hold on … How are you? OK? Talk to us …” The stricken soldier replies: “I’m OK. Where are you from?”

Corroborating evidence for the claim made by western officials that the colonel had died was limited to the headline of a report on the MailOnline website, which said: “Russian commander who was deliberately run over with a tank driven by his own disgruntled soldiers in protest at the huge death toll in his unit has DIED.”

Britain and other western countries believe that Russian forces are suffering from increasingly poor morale as they incur heavy losses in the fighting. The US has estimated that 7,000 Russians have been killed, out of an invasion force of about 150,000.

Western officials believe that about one-sixth or maybe one-fifth of Russia’s original invasion force, which comprised an estimated 20 battalion tactical groups, is “no longer combat-effective” – a high degree of losses, reflecting the botched invasion and fierce Ukrainian fightback.

Seven Russian generals have been killed in the fighting, which has also led to several thousand Ukrainian military fatalities and civilian casualties. The latest official UN figure for civilian deaths is 1,081 but that is almost certainly an underestimate.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
It's the weekend, so taking a quick moment from this serious topic for a quick moment of humor.
Big Grin...

"Putin ate my homework."
-some kid in school

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Ukraine is putting on a clinic.

Small force against a large force. Home field advantage.

Amazing.

Infantry:

"To seek out, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver".

Tanks:

"Yea we support infantry".

I'm a tank guy. If you can use armor wrong, Russia is showing you how to use it wrong.

Good gravy.

Let me tell you, as much as everyone says tanks are obsolete...

...Amazing how they beg for you to go on patrol when they step outside the wire...

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
No clue how accurate this is, but if their losses are even close to this I don't know how many bodies and pieces of equipment Putin is willing to feed into the wood chipper for pride.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Tanks:

"Yea we support infantry".

I'm a tank guy. If you can use armor wrong, Russia is showing you how to use it wrong.
I don't know if there'd be a way to use tanks right in a setting like Ukraine--where everybody and their siblings are totin' MANPADs capable of taking-out the latest armor.

quote:

First, Jed wanted to discuss anti-armor weapons, particularly the American-made Javelin and the British-made NLAW. The past month of fighting had demonstrated that the balance of lethality had shifted away from armor, and toward anti-armor weapons. Even the most advanced armor systems, such as the Russian T-90 series main battle tank, had proved vulnerable, their charred husks littering Ukrainian roadways.

When I mentioned to Jed that I’d fought in Fallujah in 2004, he said that the tactics the Marine Corps used to take that city would never work today in Ukraine. In Fallujah, our infantry worked in close coordination with our premier tank, the M1A2 Abrams. On several occasions, I watched our tanks take direct hits from rocket-propelled grenades (typically older-generation RPG-7s) without so much as a stutter in their forward progress. Today, a Ukrainian defending Kyiv or any other city, armed with a Javelin or an NLAW, would destroy a similarly capable tank.
Full article: Ukraine’s Three-to-One Advantage

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No clue how accurate this is, but if their losses are even close to this I don't know how many bodies and pieces of equipment Putin is willing to feed into the wood chipper for pride.

Agreed, but at this point it goes beyond either national or President Putin's own personal pride. He's gotta start looking at cold hard facts and make some decisions about when to cut his losses. With a world that now hates all things Russian, a devastated economy and a significant number of Russian people upset over the effects of the war, he isn't going to easily replace either the troops or the equipment he has lost. That's a sizeable chunk of his military capability gone in weeks. If another event(s) requires Russian military response, he could find himself in an even worse situation, both domestically and foreign affairs wise.

Even with significant Russian losses and a possible downsizing of war efforts in Ukraine, this remains a dangerous time for President Putin...and therefore the world.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Everybody likes to talk about the cutting edge new military technology and such.

However, the old adage about what does it take to fly an airplane? Money. IF you don't have any, it doesn't fly.

Same thing here. If you don't have money, you can't fight and sustain and win a war. Period.

The other thing, of course, is a willing spirit and dedication to fight and win with an absolute determination among the troops.

Money, Ya don't got some, and a lot, ya screwed.

Putin screwed himself. And others.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post