SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Please with the line by line nested refutations of everything the other guy said. Hurts my eyes.

Posts: 4734 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

I say let's just all agree that you both have equally-sized dicks, neither being larger than the other's by even one iota, and then we can get on with the thread without repeated posts containing eleventy-seven points and counterpoints that make all the rest our eyes bleed.

Posts: 32569 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Russian forces reportedly deploying chemical weapons - suspected sarin gas - against one of the last remaining Ukrainian strongpoints in the long-besieged city of Mariupol.

From https://defence-blog.com/ukrai...der-chemical-attack/

quote:
The Azov Regiment, part of the Ukraine National Guard, reported on Monday evening that the southern port city of Mariupol is under chemical attack.

Russian troops use chemical weapons against the entrenched Ukrainian garrison in the southern port city of Mariupol.

According to Azov’s statement, an unidentified agent was delivered with an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.

“The victims have respiratory failure, vestibule-atactic syndrome,” Azov said.

A local source reported that the Russian military used Nerve agent GB (Sarin) in Mariupol, though there has been no official confirmation.

Sarin (NATO designation GB [short for G-series, “B”]) is an organophosphate compound. It is a clear to amber liquid that is odorless and tasteless with an appearance similar to that of water.

Sarin is considered a weapon of mass destruction. Production and stockpiling of sarin was outlawed as of April 1997 by the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993, and it is classified as a Schedule 1 substance.

Andriy Biletsky, leader of the National Corps, the Azov movement’s political wing, reportedly said that chemical weapons were dropped on the Azovstal Metallurgical factory, and three people were injured.

The Kyiv Independent, also reported that shortly beforehand Russian proxies called for using chemical weapons in Mariupol.

Spokesman for Russia’s proxies in Donetsk said on April 11 that it made no sense to storm the Ukrainian-controlled Azovstal plant in Mariupol and instead Russian “chemical forces” should “smoke (Ukrainians) out.”

There are 100,000 people still trapped in Mariupol, which is 90% destroyed after being pulverized by air and artillery strikes and is now surrounded by Russian forces.

If true, this crosses a "red line" as earlier stated by Biden and the NATO Secretary General:

From https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60870771

quote:
US President Joe Biden has said Nato "would respond" if Russia used chemical weapons in Ukraine.

The president - who is in Europe for talks with allies - did not spell out what that might mean.

His comments came on an unprecedented day of emergency summits in Brussels, where Western leaders showed a united front against Russia's invasion.

Mr Biden is travelling to Poland on Friday where more than two million Ukrainians have fled from the fighting.

Asked whether the use of chemical weapons by Russia's Vladimir Putin would prompt a military response from Nato, Mr Biden replied that it "would trigger a response in kind".

"We would respond if he uses it. The nature of the response would depend on the nature of the use," he said.

Western nations have warned Russia could be preparing to use chemical or biological weapons in Ukraine, as its invasion of the country enters its fifth week.

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said it would be "catastrophic" if Mr Putin used chemical weapons, while Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has made it clear it would result in severe consequences.

The White House has set up a national security team to look at how the US and allies should react if Russia launched a chemical attack.

Posts: 32569 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Please with the line by line nested refutations of everything the other guy said. Hurts my eyes.

I just skip posts like that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20854 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I say let's just all agree that you both have equally-sized dicks, neither being larger than the other's by even one iota, and then we can get on with the thread without repeated posts containing eleventy-seven points and counterpoints that make all the rest our eyes bleed.

I don’t even want to know how you got that information. Eek

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think it has something to do with being used to handling drunks. Well, not handling, handling, but, you know.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Ok, so there are reports that Russia used chemical weapons (specifically Sarin) in Ukraine. This is also claimed to be a major 'red line' that potatus specifically said the US would intervene over. That's a major news story, right? WMDs used, US intervention imminent, if Putin uses chemical weapons, what's to stop him from escalating to nukes?. . .

Well, today I saw a report that said 3 Ukrainians were 'injured' in this 'WMD attack.'

Injured.

Pretty much tells me the 'story' is a total crock. Something tells me that IF the Ruskies used Sarin, we would know about it, and there would be WAY more than 3 injured (presumably, there would be hundreds killed/injured, as I would bet that NOBODY is walking around in chem gear 24/7 in Ukraine). Heck, I would expect more than 3 RUSSIANS to be injured/killed in a real chem attack.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Reports of Finland and Sweden Likely to Join NATO Highlight Global Financial Cleaving Underway

The Financial Times is reporting {link here, paywall} that Finland and Sweden are likely to join the NATO alliance. According to the reporting {also in Reuters} the application from Finland is expected in June and Sweden shortly thereafter.

Adding Sweden and Finland would be a major escalation in both the western conflict and provocations against Russia, obviously, justified by western leaders as a consequence of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. However, in the big analysis, the global financial system appears to be the larger issue.

From the outset of the Russian military operation into Ukraine, it was obvious the western alliance was intent on an almost ‘all or nothing‘ confrontation with Russia. The only limits to what the alliance was willing to do was trigger a nuclear showdown through direct military action against Russia to protect the non-NATO country of Ukraine.

The NATO and western government response was a fast system of financial sanctions intended to cripple the Russian economy. However, Russia responded to those actions with countermoves on the trade front, beginning to establish the first ever non-Euro and non-dollar-based trade system. In essence, a financial trading system created by the BRICS group (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).

Therefore, if we think about the current status of geopolitics and international finance, the NATO response now involves a priority of controlling and protecting the previously established financial structures of global trade. A NATO effort to avoid the cleaving is now underway as an outcome of the sanctions against Russia.

As one person put it, “This is a fight for the dollar as reserve currency. Imagine trying to maintain our debt when nobody wants treasury notes. If BRICS succeed, US collapses as an economic power. On the other hand, if we win, Klaus Schwab’s nutty world wins.” I tend to agree with this outlook because it parallels something we see domestically in the U.S.

In the United States, the people behind Biden and the extreme leftists are rapidly advancing their ideological quest toward the “Green New Deal.”

Coal, oil, and gas exploration/development have been slowed, stymied and halted as the administration chases clean renewable energy goals.

However, the current problem is there’s no intermediate system of energy production to support their push. This is driving energy costs through the roof, and that problem is magnifying inflation created by prior spending.

During their collective pandemic response, western governments all followed the blueprint laid out by the World Economic Forum (WEF), which was, in essence, to shut down human activities, lock down economies and then spend massively to fill the void. Almost all western leaders followed this exact advice and spent tens-of-trillions in direct subsidies to people and businesses during their lockdowns and COVID mitigation efforts.

At the end of this interventionist rainbow, the collective was instructed to “build back better,” where the economies they destroyed would be rebuilt through the priority prism of ‘climate change.’ However, just like the absence of any U.S. energy transition, the WEF program also did not have a mechanism to bridge the change from ‘dirty’ to ‘clean’ energy.

All of the western government spending during their COVID plan has created two big issues (crisis):

♦ First, massive inflation in every nation who followed the government spending approach. Not coincidentally, the national rate of inflation in every nation directly correlates to the scale of their spending in relationship to their GDP. Global inflation is raging amid the nations that locked down and then subsidized the missing economic activity with government spending.

♦ The second crisis is simple. All of that unsustainable spending has created massive government debt, that has to be paid back. The debt level within the western nations has skyrocketed.

However, if you take the outlook that WEF instructions were based on forethought this inflation and debt was going to be a natural consequence, a crisis created by following the plan, then it’s also likely the way out of the debt was going to be a global digital currency. How else could the World Economic Forum members possibly expect to pay for their: (a) current spend level, and (b) grand “build back better” agenda?

That global banking system and multinational financial outlook puts a very important context to how the west would look at the BRICS financial trade mechanisms as a threat.

Additionally, if this financial and banking issue is the true motive of western government, then suddenly a lot of our internal conservative political pro-Ukraine anti-Putin commentary starts to make sense.

People have wondered why folks like Mark Levin, Ben Shapiro and other conservative voices have been pounding the table demanding U.S. military involvement and more punitive actions against Vladimir Putin. In the U.S., people have wondered why suddenly a major section of the Republican establishment have aligned with the position of the WEF, UN, NATO, World Bank, George Soros, Hillary Clinton, etc.

If you accept the global banking system and international financial system is at risk, due to the strategies of Russia to avoid the sanctions, then suddenly the severe position of those voices makes sense. Follow the money.

Arguably, this global economic problem (debt and inflation) was directly caused by the collective western government response to COVID. However, now there’s another aspect that makes the debt and inflation seem small by comparison. If there was an alternative to currencies deliberately devalued by the collective western approach to government spending, wouldn’t you want to own that?

If the financial systems, central banks, and global financial mechanisms are fractured by an entirely new system to pay for trade, i.e. the BRICS approach, we end up with two distinctly different currencies (still undetermined) to pay for trade.

This outlook puts Sweden and Finland essentially in a position of choosing banking sides. NATO supporting the maintenance of Euros and Dollars, and the BRICS group, representing almost two thirds of the world population, fighting to go in another direction.

That is the bigger conflict.

WEF -vs- BRICS over trade currency….

…. is also NATO -vs- Russia

…. is also Climate Change -vs- Oil use.

…. is also Globalism -vs- Nationalism

…. is also Feudalism -vs- Freedom

https://theconservativetreehou...nderway/#more-231554

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Is anyone really surprised that the serial-plagiarist and complete idiot Biden would steal a campaign slogan like BBB? The man hasn't had an original thought or initiative yet for 50 YEARS as a politician.

Yes, he started in politics the year I was born: 1972 Roll Eyes

Posts: 33902 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes, he's a plagiarist.

But in this case, it's not so much that it's stolen as that the globalist agenda is coordinated through the WEF.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
...then we can get on with the thread without repeated posts containing eleventy-seven points and counterpoints that make all the rest our eyes bleed.
Yep, point taken. No more long posts like that from me that nobody here are gonna read anyway.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Pretty much tells me the 'story' is a total crock. Something tells me that IF the Ruskies used Sarin, we would know about it, and there would be WAY more than 3 injured (presumably, there would be hundreds killed/injured, as I would bet that NOBODY is walking around in chem gear 24/7 in Ukraine). Heck, I would expect more than 3 RUSSIANS to be injured/killed in a real chem attack.

Yep. Either this is complete horseshit propaganda, or everything I learned about Sarin was complete horseshit. Sarin doesn’t injure, Sarin kills, and effectively. Tabun, Sarin, and Soman were designed to be the ultimate battlefield gases. Maybe there’s more powerful stuff now, but they’re more than capable of what they were meant for. Three people injured? Yeah, right.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty much tells me the 'story' is a total crock. Something tells me that IF the Ruskies used Sarin, we would know about it...
Awfully convenient wouldn't you say? Biden and crew bloviate about just this a week or so ago, and low and behold we now have a chemical attack. Color me skeptical to put it mildly.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Pretty much tells me the 'story' is a total crock. Something tells me that IF the Ruskies used Sarin, we would know about it, and there would be WAY more than 3 injured

Yep. Either this is complete horseshit propaganda, or everything I learned about Sarin was complete horseshit. Sarin doesn’t injure, Sarin kills, and effectively.

Ukraine military officials state that they're still investigating, but the working theory currently is that the reported respiratory/medical issues experienced by some Ukrainian troops in Mariupol were potentially a side effect of Russia's use of white phosphorus rounds.

So localized respiratory problems from the caustic smoke produced by Russian munitions, but not specifically "chemical weapons", like Sarin.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
now have a chemical attack. Color me skeptical to put it mildly.

Is this going to be our mid-term vote distraction?

These pukes make me sick

Posts: 5361 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Of course it's a crock of shit. Anyone believing any report at its face coming out of this war no matter from what side is a fool.

Now, let's get back to those mid-war photo shoots, shall we?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30456 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Oh! Glam shots...
Just in case anyone wasn't up on the PR aspects or "war-fighting" Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6221 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
now have a chemical attack. Color me skeptical to put it mildly.

Is this going to be our mid-term vote distraction?
Perhaps, but O'Biden and crew have seemed to be looking for an escalation point to go further with our involvement in this cluster. Let's hope this doesn't become that excuse.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Oh! Glam shots...
Just in case anyone wasn't up on the PR aspects or "war-fighting" Wink

He is good at the PR game. There's an email with a video going around claiming to be Zalensky and his wife singing "Endless Love".
But it's NOT Zalensky...

Endless Love - Lionel Richie ft. Diana Ross (Boyce Avenue ft. Connie Talbot cover) Spotify

-rduckwor

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I won’t get into any of the other issues relating to the possible chemical attack by the Russians, but exposure to the Sarin chemical agent is not an everyone dies situation. That was clearly demonstrated by the Tokyo incident in which religious … extremists released the agent into the Tokyo subway in 1995. Of the many hundreds of people who were exposed to the agent about 12 died, but the others suffered nonlethal effects, some lasting years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._subway_sarin_attack

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9660289/

Many other online references are available about the incident.

In addition one publication I have, Textbook of Military Medicine: Medical Aspects of Chemical and Biological Warfare, published by the Surgeon General of the US Army (1997) reports cases of unintentional Sarin exposure that caused various health effects but which were not fatal.

None of that is to say that an actual attack would have resulted in only three “injured,” but not everyone who is exposed to the agent dies as a result.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47422 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post