SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And the drone with no transponder was much closer to Crimea than admitted to. Poland states that NATO will enter war if Ukraine can't get it together.
Biden can't pick out his ice cream.

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, nothing to worry about. The world's mindless fanaticism, lead by leftist cheerleaders in the United States and left-leaning (and lazy) European nations, that the conflict in the Ukraine is the most significant event in the entire world since the end of WWII, is pushing two communist nuclear superpowers closer together.

But, hey, it's worth it. What is happening now and whatever fruits may be borne out of two nuclear-armed communist giants strengthening their relationship is worth it, because we have to defend the forthright, democracy-loving and entirely ethical Ukrainian government at all costs. Uncle Sam is emptying his already emptied wallet, printing money like there's no tomorrow, and depleting critical military goods because the center of the fucking Universe is the Ukraine, and if Ukraine falls, then by God, the world is surely to follow.

This is nothing but a gigantic crock of shit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Did anyone hear Newt Gingrich's remarks on Fox tonight? He talked about the parallells between what's going on between Russia and China when compared with the Axis Powers of WWII.

But, hey, we gotta save the Ukraine because freedom something something.

I'm not particularly savvy about these matters, so it is a mystery to me why so many people do not see what is happening right now and how we are creating the circumstances to make it happen, and the stark danger of it all.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I did not see it Para. At this time it seems like Americans have no say in what government and our weapons manufacturers are doing. Heck, we didn't have a say in electing this POS. Postings I am reading on line from people in other countries stating its much the same for them, no say in the matters.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For now, I would be content for the world to simply wake up and at least recognize what the self-righteousness and blindness of our leaders is creating.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed and one would think, in this modern world we could figure a way to live peacefully on the globe. Damnedable dirty politics and run away political parties. With all this economics we've shared with China, X.I.ping is just boiling for a fight, Taiwan being his pawn. Funny he landed in Russia today in a 747. If we could pull our weapons out of Ukraine and let them peace deal over the east and Crimea, so be it. But the Putler too is he'll bent for a fight. What a mess.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ It was interesting to read the various news reports. Putin greeted Xi like a broke younger brother greets an older brother with a successful bank, and yet the first thing Putin made clear was that any 'peace proposal' simply wasn't good enough for Russia. Russia was ready to entertain a "serious" proposal someday but wouldn't even use the Chinese proposal as a starting point for a conversation. Instead, Russia's still chasing the dream of achieving through diplomacy what it has failed to achieve through force.

http://www.cnn.com/2023/03/20/...-intl-hnk/index.html

http://www.wionews.com/world/r...ria-zakharova-573535

http://edition.cnn.com/europe/...dbef4ff8effbfd181a41 (report is one of a series of reports at the same URL)

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CNN is certainly trustworthy enough

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here are Gingrich's remarks from last night. The comparison to the WWII Axis powers begins at the 3:15 mark.

People need to wake up, step back and consider the larger picture of the effect of this international push to make Zelenskyy a saint and his country the most important place in the entire world, and I think Gingrich is on the money with his historical perspective.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In the latest news from the Proxy War, which is going GREAT, believe me, Yahoo Finance ran a story headlined, “Putin Is Strengthening the Yuan’s Role as Russia’s Foreign Currency of Choice.” The first sentence explained:

For his nation’s businesses in the global market, Russian president Vladimir Putin endorsed the yuan as the currency of choice on the second day of Chinese president Xi Jinping’s visit to Moscow.

According to the article, Xi and Putin signed “14 economic agreements” yesterday, ranging from scientific cooperation to joint production of TV programs. Then Putin heartily endorsed the Chinese Yuan as a replacement for the dollar as the world’s default exchange currency:

“We are in favor of using the Chinese yuan for settlements between Russia and the countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America,” Putin said. “I am confident that these forms of settlement in yuan will develop between Russian partners and their counterparts in third countries.”

It’s not just Russia. Last week, the Wall Street Journal ran a story headlined, “Saudi Arabia Considers Accepting Yuan Instead of Dollars for Chinese Oil Sales.” The subheadline explained, “Talks between Riyadh and Beijing have accelerated as the Saudi unhappiness grows with Washington.”

The Saudis have traded oil exclusively in dollars since 1974, in a deal with the Nixon administration that included security guarantees for the Kingdom. But that halcyon period seems to have passed, for some reason. The WSJ pinned the blame for losing the Saudis’ commitment to the dollar squarely on Joseph Robinette Biden:

The Saudis are angry over the U.S.’s lack of support for their intervention in the Yemen civil war, and over the Biden administration’s attempt to strike a deal with Iran over its nuclear program. Saudi officials have said they were shocked by the precipitous U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan last year.

Saudi officials weren’t the only ones shocked by the precipitous U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan last year.

What else can Joe accomplish with two more years?

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
The Saudis have traded oil exclusively in dollars since 1974, in a deal with the Nixon administration that included security guarantees for the Kingdom. But that halcyon period seems to have passed, for some reason.

"Some" reason is what I noted over in the Zelenskyy thread regarding American interests in the Europe-Africa-West Asia area. The US has been disengaging from the Middle East over the last decade due to reduced dependence upon oil from the Persian Gulf countries, the experience of the Islamist backlash to American presence and failure in Iraq, and rapprochement between Israel and its Arab neighbors. However, if you disengage you also give up influence to shape the world to your benefit, the US Dollar as the global reserve currency being a prime example.

You also open spaces for rival powers to fill with their own influence; in this case China jumping in, brokering another rapprochement between the Saudis and Iran while Israel descends into internal conflict with repercussions for its Arab relations, and striking an advantageous oil deal to fuel their energy-hungry economy. That's what I mean when I say that saving on expenses for global American leadership, including on Ukraine, may actually come at greater cost for the US.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fine, let's give it a try. Let's see if European countries can figure out how to stand on their feet (do they have even the slightest notion how to do so?) and stop expecting the United States to fix their problems while they at the same time condemn this benevolent nation. Mad

I am sick to death of these disingenuous, pissy little children simultaneously condemning us and relying on us.

You're telling us about what may happen and I am telling you about what has happened and what is happening.

Let's try it. Let's turn your "may" into reality and see what is that reality.

Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's ridiculous to expect the Europeans to ever agree that we shouldn't be carrying their water...they would have to be insane. The idea that the trillions we've spread around the world over the decades has increased our prestige or influence is highly debatable...in fact, we seem to be pretty universally loathed. Of course, the greenbacks are always welcome and these folks would love for you to keep paying for 'influence', but those days aren't sustainable.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There are several words which describe that kind of behavior, and not a single one of those words is in any way flattering.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The ground seems to be shifting beneath Russia's feet, and it's not something that Russia can blame on either Ukraine or the West.

Russia has historically asserted that it has a right to an exclusive 'zone of influence' comprised of those countries bordering on (or, I suppose, near to) Russia. This was part of the mix that led to Russia's decision to invade Ukraine - it feels compelled to be able to treat its neighbors as unquestioning satellites if it can, and has always treated its ability to do so as a matter of vital national interest.

That started coming into doubt when Russia's western and southwestern neighbors started opening up to (and, in some cases, joining) the West after the fall of the USSR. It's continued since the the latest round of fighting with Ukraine began, with Azerbaijan stirring up trouble with Armenia and Armenia seeking to confer with NATO given that Russia doesn't seem to have the horsepower to put an end to fighting there, as well as with Kazakhstan pursuing a more and more independent course in foreign trade and policy.

Recently there came a big summit meeting between Putin and Xi. Press reports (for what they're worth) indicated that Russia was essentially begging for help and support while China was largely aloof but willing to promise a few shipments of arms and chips for arms.

Now, Xi has called for a summit meeting between China and Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, all of which were Soviet Republics that were part of the old USSR and were, as such, directly governed from the Kremlin. This would have been a major red line if the West had crossed it, but apparently Xi thinks Putin's so desperate for a handful of material support and a few vague promises that Russia will simply quietly accept what they can do nothing about.

It remains to be seen how Putin will react to this, if at all. But there's no question that Russia sees itself as being in a badly weakened state if it tolerates this kind of behavior. Of course, its Chinese behavior, so I guess Putin will have to blame it on his good buddy Xi rather than Ukraine or the West.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/xi-s...lling-123050319.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
China has been eyeing up Eastern Europe for decades. They would love to woo those natural resource rich but backward nations away from Russian control.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China has gotten Russia to agree to settling oil and gas payments in RMB instead of dollars, and will also do the same in the middle east and Africa. This is a big change, and a step in China's efforts to replace the dollar with the RMB as the world reserve currency.

That is China's reason to "help" Russia. Plus, they need the oil and gas and buying it direct from Russia with RMB is cheaper.

Biden and his merry band of morons are not playing their cards right and will do extreme damage to the US because of it.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall a similar switch in situations with “senior and junior partners” in 1930s Europe.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Ah, yes. And that was after Mussolini had displayed stunning incompetence in an attempted invasion of Ethiopia, was it not?

SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fine, let's give it a try. Let's see if European countries can figure out how to stand on their feet (do they have even the slightest notion how to do so?) and stop expecting the United States to fix their problems while they at the same time condemn this benevolent nation. Mad

I am sick to death of these disingenuous, pissy little children simultaneously condemning us and relying on us.

You're telling us about what may happen and I am telling you about what has happened and what is happening.

Let's try it. Let's turn your "may" into reality and see what is that reality.

Well I'd rather continue that particular discussion on the other thread where I already mapped out a course for the US to disengage from Europe if it should decide to (which remains the only real point required). Obviously you could also debate whether what the French annoyedly called the American "extraordinary privilege" in the 60s is really so extraordinary today to be worth the expense - former Fed head Ben Bernanke for one has argued that having the US Dollar as de-facto currency of the world economy is not all it's cracked up to be - and certainly whether the US is using it wisely, or distributing the benefits among its citizens justly. But the latter in particular would again be an entirely domestic question. Here I'm just pointing out that people can't logically complain at the same time about allies taking advantage of the US acommodating their security interests to assert its own leadership, and about the US government not acommodating the interests of other allies so that they cozy up with rival powers, and abandon the long-standing deal of oil sales in dollars only for US military protection.

Posts: 2406 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post