SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wide enough a common civilian vehicle can drive through them....you just have to drive sLowLY. Wouldn't be surprised if there was an overwatch team nearby, if anything with some comms tied to a larger unit at the next intersection.

Actually, with this war, probably a drone flying up/down that road keep an eye on things.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
The only anti-tank mine I have any familiarity with is the M-21, which uses a tilt rod and is usually buried. I would assume most mines like that have some sort activating mechanism up top, be it a magnetic sensor or a pressure plate.

Maybe those just haven't been installed yet? Those pics look a lot like M-21s with the shipping plug still installed.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Belgorod, Russia attacked again. This time a fuel depot

Belgorod is about 40 kilometres into Russia

https://hotair.com/allahpundit...ot-in-russia-n459369

Video of two Ukranian helicopters that took part in the attack

pics and videos at link

one video at:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1509763703901761556

Discussion of whether this was a Ukrainian attack or a Russian false flag.

Report concludes :

Occam’s Razor: The videos are exactly what they look like. The Ukrainians attacked the Belgorod fuel depot to starve Russian troops near the border of fuel, and probably attacked that weapons depot in the city a few days ago to starve them of weapons

more reports:

In Belgorod, eight tanks with fuel with a volume of 2,000 cubic meters each are on fire, there is a threat of the fire moving to eight more, emergency services told RIA Novosti.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s difficult to bury a mine in a paved road without leaving traces of the work. Just laying them out in the open can at least slow the enemy down, especially if the mines can be fitted with antitampering fuses or, as said, there may be snipers or other forces watching for mine clearing efforts. Mines are sometimes left exposed because someone was in too much of a hurry retreating to bury them, and if exposed mines are encountered, that can lead to the assumption that the rest of the area like the roadsides don’t have conventionally buried mines. “Just drive around them, Ivan.” “Da, Comrade.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
there may be snipers or other forces watching for mine clearing efforts.

Good strategy. I would think that the drivers of both tanks and fuel trucks have to get out eventually and become vulnerable.
quote:
“Just drive around them, Ivan.” “Da, Comrade.”

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Lay mines. Even "fake shapes", and when the vehicles slow down, pop a Javelin or other munition in their ass.

Assess and attack. Stick and move. Hit and run. Loop.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Lay mines. Even "fake shapes", and when the vehicles slow down, pop a Javelin or other munition in their ass.

That was a tactic used in the opening days of the war. Ukrainians were laying painted dinner plates and similar objects across roadways to slow/halt Russian columns and allow them to be more easily ambushed with shoulder-fired AT munitions.

Posts: 32516 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"All war is fucking with the other guy's head, so you can take his bananas."

-Sun Tzumonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
You lay lots of fake mines, and once in a while put in a real one

Good news if true

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"All war is fucking with the other guy's head, so you can take his bananas."

-Sun Tzumonkey

Quote of the day.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Good news if true

"Pursue or cut off, pursue or cut off?"

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Does Ukraine harry the retreating Russians as American soldiers did the British, possibly even unto reclaiming the Crimea or let them go? Do the Russians have the strength to hold the Crimea? It seems they exposed some pretty embarrassing shortcomings in trying to take several strongpoints and failing miserably. I’d be interested in opinions on whether Russia has the military infrastructure to hold onto areas they’ve controlled for quite a few years now.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Does Ukraine harry the retreating Russians as American soldiers did the British, possibly even unto reclaiming the Crimea or let them go? Do the Russians have the strength to hold the Crimea? It seems they exposed some pretty embarrassing shortcomings in trying to take several strongpoints and failing miserably. I’d be interested in opinions on whether Russia has the military infrastructure to hold onto areas they’ve controlled for quite a few years now.

The map refers to the North of the country near Kyiv. The South and East are a little bit different in that Ukrainian gains are smaller and Russian gains were quite a bit larger. It is extremely unlikely that the Russians will be driven back to the pre 24 Feb start lines let alone into previously Russian controlled areas.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ We'll see. The Russkies in the south only got so far in their drive north before they got pushed back closer to Crimea. Zelenskyy, quite properly, refuses to put territorial concessions on the table, and it seems pretty obvious that allowing the Russians to hold and stage from the east and the south would be an open invitation to them to invade again.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Submitted only as an aside:

https://gatesofvienna.net/2022...y-converts-to-islam/

ZELENSKY CONVERTS TO ISLAM

There’s some surprising news out of Ukraine this morning. Below is the report from the Associated Press:

Kyiv, April 1, 2022 (AP) — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky convened a press conference today to announce that he has converted to Islam.

Mr. Zelensky said that he has spent the last three weeks in close consultation with Samer Afirov, the imam of the main mosque of Ukraine’s capital city, Kyiv. Imam Afirov is one of the hundreds of Crimean Muslims who fled their homes in Simferopol — which is 500 miles southeast of Kyiv — when Russia annexed the Crimea.

Mr. Zelensky expressed his appreciation for the imam’s knowledge and devotion. “With his help,” said the president, “I was able to understand righteousness and magnificence of Allah. I realized that in order to do the right thing for my country, I had to do what is right by Allah, as explained by His messenger Mohammed (peace be upon him).

“Although I come from a Jewish background, up until my conversion I had no religious inclinations and was basically an unbeliever. But now I have realized the error of my ways, and intend to rectify my earlier mistakes by fighting zealously in the way of Allah.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
You do realize that today is APRIL FOOLS DAY, right?

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/allahpundit...yroid-cancer-n459483

Does Putin have thyroid cancer?

There’s enough circumstantial evidence of a health problem floating around that it’s worth giving this some attention. What kind of circumstantial evidence? Well…

1. There’s the small matter of Putin frequently not allowing his own advisors to come within 30 feet of him in public. Not even the most skittish progressive COVID hawk in the U.S. is as seemingly anxious as he is about catching the virus. For someone to be that concerned, one would think they’d need to have a serious underlying health problem that might plausibly put their life in danger if they’re infected.

2. The war in Ukraine seems so misbegotten that the easiest way to explain it is as a desperate legacy play by a dying man. If Putin had the faintest idea about the strength of his forces and Ukraine’s, he surely would have done things differently — unless he’s so worried about imminent death that he thought this was his last chance to become the ruler who absorbed Ukraine into Russia, whether the Russian military was ready for that task or not.

3. His face is noticeably “puffier” than it was 20 years ago. It doesn’t look like it’s due to weight gain either. Some have speculated that he’s receiving steroids for an unknown medical condition.

4. There have been rumors:

Marco Rubio - I wish I could share more,but for now I can say it’s pretty obvious to many that something is off with #Putin

He has always been a killer,but his problem now is different & significant

more at link

I have been thinking Putin looks different now in the face

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be both ironic and fantastic if Putin has cancer (I’d wish it on a very few people, but he is a candidate) and FAILED in his attempt to be remembered as the guy that pulled Ukraine back into the arms of mother Russia? To go to his grave an abysmal failure with billions of dollars he amassed and will never be able to enjoy. That would be great.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Wouldn’t it be both ironic and fantastic if Putin has cancer (I’d wish it on a very few people, but he is a candidate) and FAILED in his attempt to be remembered as the guy that pulled Ukraine back into the arms of mother Russia? To go to his grave an abysmal failure with billions of dollars he amassed and will never be able to enjoy. That would be great.

If Putin has cancer, I'll bet some of his troops who were pulled out of Chernobyl can recommend a place where he can get radiation treatment.Smile

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
More like, "Cancer has now developed Vladimir Putin. More to follow..."

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post