SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 86
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Facts as they are, its really disturbing to see the lack of remorse.

As has been mentioned multiple times, doesn't matter how, who, what - AB killed one person and injured another with a gun he shot.

Where is the remorse? Even more so in an accident where he was likely negligent & certainly ignorant on gun safety. The BS interview where he/his wife say their kids are in the car crying (leaving their kids in the car itself...) - really?

He's not LE/Mil/EMS where you are desensitized. He's just a complete self absorbed hypocritical prick - he's so concerned with his own image that he has no remorse. Has it sunk into his narcistic skull that he killed someone? they're not getting back up for a retake.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
AD now claiming he wasn't contractually obligated to check the condition of the weapon.

"Contractually obligated"?
What the fuck is that Alec?

How about "morally obligated" to ensure you didn't kill your friend, and injure another?
But of course Alec, we're just picking on you. It's not your fault, it's someone else's fault that YOU pulled that trigger! It could never be YOUR fault! Hell, it's Trumps fault you killed one and injured another! Yep, big old meanie himself- DJ Trump!

Just do us a favor, and KEEP TALKING! You know more and better than your high price Hollywood lawyers!

I think that might be AD-Assistant Director; not AB-Alec Baldwin.

Posts: 2933 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe that they had nicknamed Baldwin "Accidental Discharge".

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
"...a Baldwin..." should henceforth refer to deadly NDs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
AB truly believes he was the victim, and he'll keep playing that card in every interview, and he won't be able to stop talking, his narcissist mentality, "I'm AB, I'm famous, I can't be wrong, it's not my fault" won't let him...

To AB, he was the one wronged....

Hopefully he and the media keep up the narrative about AB, and Halyna Hutchins family will see him for what he is, and what he's doing, how the news focused on AB, and Halyna's getting lost in the message, and they decide AB needs a lesson in humility with a massive civil suit...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

I agree.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
"bigdeal...
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that virtually any member of this board could have done a better, safer, job as armorer on that set than that 24 year old did."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
And may I say that I think you are NOT going too far out on anyone's limb to say that?...FredT

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:

Already taken.
As in "I gotta go take a Baldwin."

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If we can use the word "fuck" to mean as many different things as we do, surely we can do the same with "Baldwin"?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
To me he will always be Arec Barrwin.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtedescucci:
"bigdeal...
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that virtually any member of this board could have done a better, safer, job as armorer on that set than that 24 year old did."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
And may I say that I think you are NOT going too far out on anyone's limb to say that?...FredT

I think any member here could down a half bottle of Scotch and do a better job.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd rather see a 'Baldwin' to be used to mean 'a rich entitled asshole who goes to jail for doing something stupid.'

ie.... dude shooting a tik tok on driving ran over a lady with his Veyron and got Baldwin'd

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Will Smith doing it right...

As a note, the initial incident was real, they edited in a clear/safe later. This is clearly noted in the video. Watch Will's face.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by springnr:
Part 1 of a three part series on YouTube from a movie insider.
Mark Groubert and Eric Hunley look into what happened and discuss how things occur on independent films.

Alec Baldwin and the Rust Tragedy - Who is at Fault?

Their YouTube Channel
America's Untold Stories Returns

In addition to some interesting general 'inside baseball' on Hollywood movie productions, who is responsible for what, and how things are generally done, this actor explains why real "live" ammo with a projectile might be used on a movie set, especially on a low budget independent movie.

Very informative, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
ABC News interview from the day of the Santa Fe Sheriff's and DA's press conference. The news casters bring in a panel of experts, including a studio armorer. He shows a 5 in 1 crimped blank, explains that loose rounds are commonly found in pouches and fanny packs used by movie armorers, and gives one possible explanation in which the AD grabbed the wrong gun off the prop cart and handed it to Baldwin, likely unaware that the gun was even real and fully functioning or had a real live round with a bullet in it.

@ 18 minute news report

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs3aZWCB8OY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
>>>>>>>>DEVASTATING FIREPOWER<<<<<<<<<<

For fucks sake.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
>>>>>>>>DEVASTATING FIREPOWER<<<<<<<<<<

For fucks sake.

When the professional standard of news media devolved from a focus on accurate reporting to drama, hyperbole, and sensationalism, many newscasters probably slip in these types of comments reflexively, probably with little thought... or even taking a few minutes to learn about something they obviously know nothing about, before commenting on it.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
More ignorance from Fox News

"Baldwin, who was holding the gun that somehow pulled the trigger and the gun fired"

"one of the last people to handle the gun before handing it to Baldwin who then pulled the trigger and fired the weapon it went off"

"She added that "accidental discharges" are "more common thank you think," seemingly referencing reports of three prior accidental discharges on-set." Is having live rounds loaded into a movie gun also more common than we think?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^
quote:
"She added that "accidental discharges" are "more common thank {sic} you think," seemingly referencing reports of three prior accidental discharges on-set."

these people are crazy. Just plain crazy. It's like a real life Monty Python skit.

What's next, are they going to redo the 1976 SNL skit which reenacted the accidental shooting of Spider Sabich by Claudine Longet? They know no bounds.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If accidental/negligent discharges are the norm, then something is very wrong.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post