SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
One thing to remember, actors point guns at other people and pull the trigger all the time. There is a dependency on the armorers on the set to ensure this is done safely....

The right to keep and bear arms does not cover such exclusions or exceptions.

It's a silly premise all the way around.

The responsibility of one exercising any one of his God given rights, needs to be held on the same scale.

Anything else is building upon shifting sands.

I honestly say, I do not want to see Alec Baldwin unfairly treated, either way, I simply want this matter properly investigated, and lawfully and legally adjudicated.

No exceptions, allowances, or anything that any other American would have to endure.

I'm with the monkey on this one. If actors want to play around with real guns, than they damn well better educate themselves on how to handle them, and be held liable like any of us would be if something goes wrong.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Given the amount of money actors like Baldwin probably make, maybe they should have a little safety training before they use real guns.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Given the amount of money actors like Baldwin probably make, maybe they should have a little safety training before they use real guns.

I agree. But that would cost money, and it sounds like Baldwin and company were pinching pennies.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
BBMW, that may have been the case before, but I'll bet it ends now. Every actor ought now to take note and insure that they have personally inspected a firearm before working with it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Baldwin is now making public statements about the need to improve safety protocols, despite that fact that he and his crew failed to follow existing protocols that would have prevented this. And that there should no longer be real guns on sets at all.

Typical leftist - deflect responsibility, blame "the system", and ban things for everyone when you are the one that isn't responsible enough to handle them.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just keep Baldwin off the set and everything will be safe.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

I honestly say, I do not want to see Alec Baldwin unfairly treated, either way, I simply want this matter properly investigated, and lawfully and legally adjudicated.

After his behavior towards gun rights groups and gun owners, I don't give a crap how he's treated. I just want him to go away. Ideally, I never want to see or hear from him again.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that virtually any member of this board could have done a better, safer, job as armorer on that set than that 24 year old did.

On this point I agree 100%. Pick any 3 members at random and you'd be pretty close to having the dream team.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Alec is an actor I can get behind, because I sure as hell don't want to be standing in front of him.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I want to hear more about the mention of people doing live fire target practice off set. If it did go on, I’d really like to know if Baldwin took part in it. That would go a long way to assigning blame to him, among others. Having live, unsecured rounds on set is the height of irresponsibility.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
And Baldwin is now making public statements about the need to improve safety protocols, despite that fact that he and his crew failed to follow existing protocols that would have prevented this. And that there should no longer be real guns on sets at all.

Typical leftist - deflect responsibility, blame "the system", and ban things for everyone when you are the one that isn't responsible enough to handle them.

Perv Weinstein tried a similar tactic when it came time to ‘pay the piper’, that he’d produce the most epic anti-gun / anti-2A movie ever for forgiveness for his long history of sexual assault and rape.

I hope that the same pathetic schtick fails miserably for FAB!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It's confirmed. Alec has found his redemptive crusade......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
If I weren’t such a techno-idiot I’d embed a photo of a squirt gun. Maybe suggest a trip to the dollar store. No doubt his or his agent’s address could be found. 99 cents for the toy and a couple bucks in postage. Each year. On the anniversary. Yes, I can be a dick sometimes.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guarantee you, Baldwin's attorney has told him to get lost and keep his mouth shut, and being Baldwin, he just can't do it. Not a great idea to be running your jaws when you could be he focus of a criminal investigation.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Alec will now get the lead role in The Departed 2.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Maybe Alec will now get the lead role in The Departed 2.

As others have said, we prefer Alec just depart.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ironic how similar it is to his stance on gun control. We didn't follow the rules that would have prevented what happened, so we need more rules to not follow.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
My question is, if we had a different actor would we get the same result. Like Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves, they know how to handle guns, would they have behaved this way on a set?

I read a post pages back that referenced John Wick films. They take thousands to trigger pulls in making that movie, I can see where an actor would not be checking every loaded mag, they are just handing you mag after mag to keep shooting the film. It’s easy to think revolver should always be checked, it’s 6 rounds. Also this was pre tape practice, so would an more competent shooter who is an actor practice this way? Just food for thought.

I have shot many times where someone handed me a mag and I never looked at the rounds in it. I’m sure many of us have done the same.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any of the liberals that condemns firearms should not be allowed to make a movie that has firearms in them.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
My question is, if we had a different actor would we get the same result. Like Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves, they know how to handle guns, would they have behaved this way on a set?

I read a post pages back that referenced John Wick films. They take thousands to trigger pulls in making that movie, I can see where an actor would not be checking every loaded mag, they are just handing you mag after mag to keep shooting the film. It’s easy to think revolver should always be checked, it’s 6 rounds. Also this was pre tape practice, so would an more competent shooter who is an actor practice this way? Just food for thought.

I have shot many times where someone handed me a mag and I never looked at the rounds in it. I’m sure many of us have done the same.

Uhhh, except that you and/or 'many of us' would NOT be pointing the gun at anyone or anything we did not 'intend' to shoot, so NOT a valid comparison.

Not advocating for this in ANY way, but ultimately, you could violate all of the safety rules but this one, and still, nobody gets hurt! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8884 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post