SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 88
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

I have shot many times where someone handed me a mag and I never looked at the rounds in it. I’m sure many of us have done the same.
I have a shiny new nickel, and I'm willing to bet that your finger was not on the trigger until the gun was pointed at something that you intended to put a hole in.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw that nhraceraft had said the same thing.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Which is exactly why I am asking about actors. Is it permissible or happens enough that sweeps or pointing at another person is commonplace or not.

Also, I have seen dozens of shotgun fitters look straight down the barrel of a shotgun many times to fit the gun to the eye. Yes both persons check for empty first but that rule is violated often.

It’s a different situation which is why I am asking

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He’s revving up to ban firearms on movie sets.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Holy cats, hasn't that fool ever heard of issuing a written statement that's been reviewed by lawyer and leaving it at that?

The guy's out there gabbling in an effort to pacify the press (hah!) and their first move when he refuses to go into detail (and still said more than he should have) is a 'gotcha' question designed to see if Baldwin actually remembers the dead woman's name.

I guess cretins and vultures were made for each other.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His wife seems to speak very good English!

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Analysis

posted Hide Post
He's a bit of a dick to his Spanish wife as well in the clip above.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:

Probably because she was born and raised in Boston.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not at all off-putting that both these mooks are aiming phones at the reporters, and I love how Baldwin tells his wife to shut her mouth.

And... "You don't know her name??" Bitch, please. I know you're upset because your husband the prince is going to have his kingdom taken away from him, but just stow the fake outrage.
Your lawyer would tell you to shut your mouth, Alec, but I say, keep talking, fool! Smile

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They can't help themselves, and ol Alec feels nobody is better at communication than himself.

Clearly they actually believe Alec is a victim, 100% not bearing any fault for what happened, zero, its got to be eating at him day and night and while most would stay inside he's got to be in the limelight.

His attorney's have to be doing the face palm.

As to them filming the press with the phones, it's actually a good move, in case anyone misquotes them they have proof of what they said.

Interesting too he quotes the statistics on firearm use in films without mishap, "billions, billions of rounds used with few issues" quite an interesting twist, although we know he doesn't mean anything about the safe use of firearms, only that the film industry is safe.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
No matter what situation he'll find himself in, he'll always be a horses ass with arrogance.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
As to them filming the press with the phones, it's actually a good move, in case anyone misquotes them they have proof of what they said.
There's no need for both of them to be doing it. It looks weird and defensive, as if their phones are protective talismans. And this douchebag is standing by the side of a road. The whole thing is weird.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
How you say... cucumber? Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
There's no need for both of them to be doing it. It looks weird and defensive, as if their phones are protective talismans. And this douchebag is standing by the side of a road. The whole thing is weird.

Sure shows the pressure they are under, stress has to be significant, the need to double record everything,

OTOH, it also makes for great evidence, self confessions, the NM DA will probably subpoena their phones. Wonderful thing subpoena....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All this blabbing brings to mind another dude who cant shut up or avoid the spotlight: Zimmerman.
Hey, Baldwin! Just. Shut. Up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
OTOH, it also makes for great evidence, self confessions, the NM DA will probably subpoena their phones. Wonderful thing subpoena....

And the tort lawyers in LA will definitely want them produced in discovery as well. What is it the French say? He missed an excellent opportunity to keep his mouth shut.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
All this blabbing brings to mind another dude who cant shut up or avoid the spotlight: Zimmerman.
Hey, Baldwin! Just. Shut. Up.

Let him keep talking. He'll eventually say something incriminating.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
https://www.insider.com/rust-p...shooting-2021-11?amp

This sounds troubling.

Production crew supposedly ordered T-Shirts mocking the crew that complained...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post