SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southwest Airlines to allow miniature horses as service animals in new policy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southwest Airlines to allow miniature horses as service animals in new policy Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Caribou, dogs, horses, manatee, peacocks, snakes... the hell with all that.

My ideal emotional support animal is this:

Razz

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31444 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Emotional support bears.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If you're going to be flying on SouthWest and there is a miniature horse on your flight, be sure to get in on Edmond's karma for drink vouchers! Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30677 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where does it stop ?

Posts: 119 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
What if you fly with your emotional support person? Do they get to fly for free?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15719 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I’m just glad they’ll let me fly with my emotional support Giant Pacific Octopus.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Time to resurrect this:

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I do not want to be on any flight where horse poop can be the issue.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
I do not want to be on any flight where horse poop can be the issue.
Yeah, well, to me, it sounds like commercial airline travel is nothing but horse shit these days.

The concept of 'emotional support animals' is asinine in itself, but to allow a freaking airborne menagerie is beyond absurd. There's no way that I could witness this outlandishly stupid crap and sit still without saying a word. I haven't flown commercially for more than twenty years and with the way things have become, that's a good thing for me, and for the rest of humanity as well.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blown_Chevelle1971:
Where does it stop ?

Well, a while back, it was an emotional support peacock.

Now we're at miniature horses.

I think the stopping point may be somewhere around when the animals can't fit in the door of the plane.

Then comes the lawsuit that the door wasn't big enough.

Then the emotional support rhino comes along...

Then the plane won't be big enough. So here's the next lawsuit.

So, I'm going to say somewhere after emotional support elephant.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The idiot left supported by supportive liberals are slowly but surely pulling the stitches out of this country. One loop at a time.

Christians are the bad people.

The fascists are the anti-fascists.

Men in women’s bathrooms.

“Support animals” because snowflakes cannot deal with life otherwise.

The ability to identify as a toaster if that is your desire.

Forcing the majority of the sane country to accept any number of insane nutballs as the norm that has priority.

And on and on and on. If someone had told me 20 years ago that this is where we’d be, I’d have told them they were out of their minds.

The idiocracy is really under way. I thought it was just a movie.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
The last time I came into contact with a horse, I ended up in the hospital because of the allergic reaction.

I'd be livid if that shit happened on a flight I was on. They'd goddamn well better refund my whole ticket and put me on a new fucking flight.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I'm lucky, MY emotional support animal is my 30 foot long Tapeworm - the pet you can take anywhere without causing offence.

Sure beat the heck out of the previous SA, my Orca, Brian.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sure beat the heck out of the previous SA, my Orca, Brian.

People still talk about the time an unfortunate seating arrangement put Brian next to the beluga...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
My last 2 flights were my last 2 flights.

My family (what remains of it) is in N. Idaho. Wife's is in Germany.

Wife and I decided after the last circle jerk errr flight that if we can't get there by driving, we ain't going!

Returning here to Virginia from Spokane it took 45 minutes to get thru all the BS, and I was the only passenger to be processed. 0530!

Not to change the subject, but it seems to me that when podunk airlines starts loading passengers they should load passengers sitting at the rear of the plane first, etc etc until all pax are aboard and in their seats. Instead, they just open the damned doors and let people push their way on board and then clog the damned aisles while putting away all that junk they carry on.

We flew a couple times with our dog, to Germany. But he was a Chihuahua and fit under the seat, or on my lap.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I was at Newark the day the TSA turned away the emotional support peacock and its owner. Saw her walking through arrivals as she left the airport with it perched on her shoulder.

All this emotional support stuff has gotten ridiculously abused by people who are total loony toons. It's one thing for a veteran or someone to have a support dog to help with PTSD, it's pretty common and a godsend for many. It's another thing for Suzy Moonbeam to take her pet chinchilla on a flight dressed in cute little outfit and tutu with sayings on the shirt. That's what's happened, people register their pets as support animals so they can travel with them an enjoy the extra benefits you get. The airlines are too afraid to draw the line so they acquiesce to all this nonsense. I had a guy buy the middle seat next to me for his support bulldog on one flight. It was farting and drooling all over the terminal before the flight. I moved my seat as quickly as I could, there's no reason other people should have to deal with that.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
If an airline dictated no animals and no children under 13 would some of you non-flyers come back?

Sure seems like a ball just waiting to be picked up. I'd even pay extra.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
The last time I came into contact with a horse, I ended up in the hospital because of the allergic reaction.

I'd be livid if that shit happened on a flight I was on. They'd goddamn well better refund my whole ticket and put me on a new fucking flight.

That came up recently, too. A man in first class was seated by someone with a service dog (blind). The man seated next t the service dog had allergies to the dog, and asked to be repositioned. No one on board wanted to change. The crew attempted to reposition the man aft (it started in first class); a disagreement followed; the captain got involved, booted the man from the flight.

Of course the headline reads black man removed from flight to favor a dog. The flight departed, with the man's luggage, and in the luggage was his allergy medicine. He had to get a hotel and find another flight.

Not an "emotional support" animal, but a service animal just the same, and relates to your comment about allergies.

My wife is allergic to cats. Cabin air moves all the way through the airplane before exiting at the rear, below the fuselage. An allergin at one end of the cabin can affect the other (and everyone in between), depending on the aircraft, air vents, etc. A very high volume of air is pumped through, meaning a constant circulation (and introduction to anything anywhere in the cabin).

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Returning here to Virginia from Spokane it took 45 minutes to get thru all the BS, and I was the only passenger to be processed. 0530!

https://youtu.be/DptGBVPnvKE

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
If an airline dictated no animals and no children under 13 would some of you non-flyers come back?

Sure seems like a ball just waiting to be picked up. I'd even pay extra.
I still fly (will be doing so this month) but I'd pay extra for such an option.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post