SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your current indoor temp?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your current indoor temp? Login/Join 
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
80...we're acclimated to the 100 degree heat.

Posts: 1974 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Well most of you guys never have to worry about me visiting in summer Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
78 in summer and 68 in winter inside in SE Ga.

Temps almost all summer have been in the mid to hi 90s w > 75% humidity.

Elec bills have been crazy high at $450+ all summer. This month's electric bill is $515.

I’m ready to move to Suches or Blairsville, Ga.

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
70 year round

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Right now in the summer I keep the house at 73 when we are home and 78 when we are away.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
76 summer 70 winter. If I had complete unencumbered control of the thermostat I'd keep it a bit warmer as my body temp runs low due to my MDS. I love the summertime heat and sometimes don't run the auto ac on short trips even when it's will in the 90's.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 in the summer, winter it has to get fairly cold before I turn it on.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
78 summer 69 winter.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
71 summer 68 winter

This as well.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12437 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reviving an old thread given the current polar vortex problem.

In winter, 65 during the day and 62 at night. In summer, 74

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Right now about 48. No power ad two sub freezing nights.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thermostat in hallway says 64°F but is set for 72°F. I normally keep my home at 70°F all year long. I just broke out a small space heater in the den, which is where I spend 95% of my time.

Just read an article about Texas power: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...7e4522a&recip=595088. It says that 23% of power in Texas now comes from wind farms, and that the wind turbines have frozen up. Other places have had snow cover their solar arrays. Bad choices.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Winter 70, summer 78-80 but that may change this year given solar late last year.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12748 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
77 year round ... if it gets super hot outside, might go up to 79-80. Super cold, might go down to 75-76. Just depends on how often the heat pump runs.

Posts: 4724 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
69°, we don’t have air conditioning

ETA: 65° overnight

Posts: 13295 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I have the thermostat set to 64 in the winter. However, I have a wood stove (fireplace insert) I burn 20 hours per day or so and I try to keep it around 67 - 68. Anything 70 or over is too damn hot for me.

Posts: 5766 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 set for winter. Have whole home stand by generator running past 36 hours.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing it was 70 as usual. But, currently 50 on its way back down. Was 39, but power came on long enough to get all the way up to 54. Frown

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
55 I work outside and am well accumulated. I heat with wood, don't want to work to hard putting more wood up! When I go to my friends house that he keeps at 70, I get too hot.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
71° and the heat pump is running 24x7 for the past 4 days. Even newer houses in Arkansas aren't insulated for this crap.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post