SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your current indoor temp?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your current indoor temp? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
72 year around

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
76 day, 70 night in summer. 66 day, 64 night in winter.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3983 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Currently 71 in my house. I got my newest electric bill from June today and it's $50 more than May and I'm ok with that as I'd rather pay a little more by running the AC and be comfortable.

Yeah some of these guys are nuts. No way in hell I'm setting my A/C at 78°. I'll pay the extra $50, for three months of the year it's well worth it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20894 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
78-80 Summer; 63-65 Winter. Older house, solid masonry, not tight, not well-insulated; it varies a bit according to outside temps.

Posts: 2698 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yeah, 78 degrees in a pool maybe. But no 78 with AC unless that is all the AC unit can muster. Than I can understand it.

If I get to 100 my little AC unit will struggle and it might only keep my inside at 78ish Frown

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19282 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
78 now, 75 normally. Central AC broke Saturday when it was 95. Wasn't able to get a new fan motor until today.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just sent the kid to see...

He’s yelling, it’s 76....(this explains why I’m warm)

I like 72. And I’ll pay for it!

During the winter, it’s 68.

Fan runs 24/7. Can’t sleep without it.

I do remember being able to sleep anywhere, anytime when I was in the service...but it was probably because I was exhausted all the time.

I guess I have become my father...(sighs)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11325 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Run both ours at 77 this time of year, while it's 110 outside.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
It has been in the mid to high 90's here in the Texas Hill Country lately, so in my attempt to save electricities from extinction, I keep it around 79 and 80. I use ceiling and floor fans to keep me at comfort.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1197 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
76 now.

Just a few years ago, I would not dream of anything below 78.

It must be that getting old thing. Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36848 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 degrees inside. 69 degrees outside.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
82 and both the A/C's run most of the day. $400+/month electricity bills already so I don't want to turn it down anymore. Frown

Posts: 4988 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
My thermostat is set to 72° in the summer; 66° in the winter.

Posts: 3511 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Currently at 74. sometimes 73 or 75.
Winter is probably 67-69

Posts: 7428 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thermostat is set at 70 in the summertime and 68 during the winter.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1939 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
78 during the day with ceiling fans going. Down to 76 at night with ceiling fan as well.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
77 summer and 77 winter

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Summer: 74 F daytime / 72 F overnight.
Winter: 68 F daytime / 64 F overnight.

I'm more warm blooded than the wife. If she gets a hold of the thermostat, add a couple of degrees during the winter.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
85 typical around 21:00. Window and WHF around 21:30 when outside hits 80. If still above 80 by 22:00, then we’ll use the AC. Used AC once this year.

Even like this, utility bill is $200.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12792 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
This year we've lowered the thermostat to 72; used to be 74 to 76 when I didn't have any income...

Posts: 4645 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post