SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is your current indoor temp?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your current indoor temp? Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
70°.

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Lower Alabama: 78 (ac) summer, 77 (heat) winter
Any cooler inside and I'd have to wear a long sleeve shirt or sleep under the covers.

Small 2 bdrm house built 1945 but now has double pane window upgrade. Seldom have a power bill over $100 summer or winter. I guess the yearly average is about $80-$90 a month.

Posts: 4749 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
68. I have two giant central air units and I don’t care if it costs me $1000 a month I refuse to sweat my balls off in the summer. I went to a family dinner on Sunday and the house was 78 degrees. I lasted all of 20 min and left. Life’s too short to be uncomfortable.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sit in a corner.
It's about 90°.

I see what you did there. Took a bit to catch that.

We are at 72 deg from about March through December.

Posts: 4138 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
We keep our house at 72 during the day, and 70 at night during the summer months.

In the winter it's set at 70 during the day, and 66 at night.

Posts: 13689 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
74 in Summer, 70 in Winter.

Posts: 568 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
70 night, 73-74 day

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Right now, here in yUK, we are suffering the highest July temps on record - tomorrow is going to hit 103F in the south East. Right now, where I am, it is 34C outside the front door, and will be getting more hot as the day progresses.

Indoors it is 28C - 82.4F.

As many here know, aircon in the UK is almost unheard of, except in the most modern buildings. And small unit hire is ridiculously expensive because, basically, there are none around.

Posts: 11358 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Central AZ this time of year:
average outside high is 100-104.
Average low at night is in the 70s.
78 when unoccupied
75 in the evenings
73 at bedtime

Thermostat handles all the changes for us.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

Finally got a break from the heat yesterday when a big storm front rolled through. My office has windows facing East with no solar film (yet!) and the temp spikes 8 degrees (up to around 77) by noon usually!

This past Saturday we got a nice 45 min gullywasher during the 98-degree heat of the day and I went outside shirtless (sorry neighbors) and enjoyed the refreshing rain for about five mins. It was awesome. Sunday was back to cloudless brutality.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I keep my central A/C on 80 degrees all Summer. I work in 100 + temps so 80 is fine for me at home.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9375 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
summer 72F - winter 69F - never open the windows due to Texas allergies

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
77-78 summer

67-68 winter

Posts: 6636 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
77-78 summer, 65 winter.

Posts: 15052 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
71-72 summer
68 winter

Posts: 1572 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
79 or 80 most of the time running a/c. It is Florida super hot outside..

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
80 or so summer.
And only if it hits 90 outside.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39778 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
We keep our house at 75 in the summer and 65 in the winter.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16548 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Good grief. I would burst into flames or become homicidal if we kept the house in the upper 70s...let alone in the 80s.

72 in the summer with ceiling fans always on. Low 60s in the winter. I can't wait for summer to be over.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont have the slightest clue what the temperature in the house it. Haha.

I switch it to heat in the winter and cool in the summer. As far as the temperature..... no idea. My wife is always cold and I am always hot. Kids are too young to care.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post