SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Although I agree with both of you in concept, Walmart, Kroger, and similar are private property. They are not infringing upon your rights because you have no right to be there in the first place.

You are there at their invitation so long as you abide by their rules.

Yeah, pretty much.

Walmart is doing a disservice to customers in towns that cannot get ammo from other places. But as far as a company as Kroger and open carry policy, at least here in Texas, they join many other companies that post a 30.07 sign out in front. H.E.B. and Whataburger are two notables ones, along with many other companies, big and small. In TX, legal open carry is a relatively new concept, less than 5 years old. I'm sorry, I shop at H.E.B, and Krogers, and I eat burgers at Whataburger. And I also shop at Costco, which I understand bans open and concealed carry. But that is a choice I have to make as a consumer, and take their rules under consideration.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I find it funny that they (Walmart) is saying they won't sell ammunition for military styled firearms. Funny because every firearm they had ammunition for was a military styled firearm.

Case in point the bolt action rifles are based on a design of a rifle used in wars in Europe, and later adopted for use in our US military (i.e. the 1903 Springfield or the converted 1903 Enfield that we supplied our troops with in World War One).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Walmart counts on the fact that Americans in general have very short memories. Many who are angry now, will become less angry over time and forget about not patronizing Walmart.

Personally, I hate going to Walmart. The only reason I ever went there was to buy .22 LR ammo now that it's back in stock (for the most part).

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walmart is doing a disservice to customers in towns that cannot get ammo from other places.

For years I have warned of this. Big box stores come to town and chase off small retailers. Then the big box stores do whatever they want often leaving you with no option.

The internet you say? Not only will they do the same thing, but what happens when that big EMP goes off and your computer won't turn on?

Some people are happy digging their own hole so long as they save a buck.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Awe man, now I'm gonna have to pay $7.99 at Publix instead of >$4.00 at Walmart for Hormel Black Label bacon! Well, crap. Walmart is now dead to me.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The internet you say? Not only will they do the same thing, but what happens when that big EMP goes off and your computer won't turn on?

If the Big EMP goes off, you weren't going to be walking down to Wal-Mart or the local gun shop to buy ammo anyway.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

Maybe you can get police officers to cover their pistols and carry concealed?

Speaking of which, I'm sure there are at least a few LEO's out there across the country whose departments do not issue free practice ammo, who do not appreciate now (when stock runs out) being unable to buy their own personal ammo at Walmart.

Fuck you very much, Walmart.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
a1abdj,
I get it, their store their rules. However, I stand by my statement, we are all less free today because of what Wal-Mart and Kroger have done. Also please note that the Wal-Mart CEO did not stop with new rules for their stores, he went on to urge congress to enact new gun laws. As I said before, little by little the left is taking our freedom. If we do not push back on little things then the left will move on to bigger things. We have seen this over and over, and I see no reason to believe that it will not continue to be so.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
If anyone has an email address for the Walmart CEO or some other way of contacting him or Walmart leadership directly I'd appreciate it if they would share it.

In the mean time, here is the website link I used to leave my email feedback to Walmart's new policy. Note that they have a 3000 character limit for feedback.

Walmart Corporate Contact Us site

If you take a few minutes and review Walmart's Corporate website and the issues they focus on and their overall mission statement you will see that this new policy that they've adopted is in line with some of their others.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we do not push back on little things then the left will move on to bigger things.

I get it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. The time to push back was back before they were the juggernaut that they are today. Too late now.

They have the money, clout, and power to do whatever they want with virtually no risk of any repercussion.

Look at what Google, Amazon, Facebook, and similar are also doing. Too late.

You can't create a monster and then plan on controlling it. These things should have been considered before allowing them to grow into what many of us knew they would become.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

If the Big EMP goes off, you weren't going to be walking down to Wal-Mart or the local gun shop to buy ammo anyway.

Ok, maybe not the EMP, but the push for restricting ammunition sales online is growing. I see it more and more every year.

Sure, now its only in certain states. But what happens if, in a few years, a lefty manages bribe their way into office. Maybe even get a 1994 style congress.

Then some dick goes on a rampage, smokes a lot of people, and come to find out they got most of their ammo online.........because apparently that is where most people get the best deals now.

Boom. Nationwide online ammo purchase ban at the federal level via shiny new AWB.

Sure to miss walmart selling us ammo locally then I would imagine.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
If we do not push back on little things then the left will move on to bigger things.

I get it, but that ship sailed a long time ago. The time to push back was back before they were the juggernaut that they are today. Too late now.

They have the money, clout, and power to do whatever they want with virtually no risk of any repercussion.

Bullshit. So we should just all lay down and let them do what they want? The great thing about capitalism is you have a choice and can vote with your dollars. If you want to be a lemming, go ahead but you shouldn't paint with your BS brush so broadly.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Sucks for us here in Alaska, Wal-Mart still sells and stocks handguns here. Our choices are limited and shipping up here sucks and gets expensive with some retailers refusing to ship.

That said, I won't be stepping in there again. It may not help, but I'll write the CEO and let him know. I'll also let him know that I have bought several firearms from Wal-Mart in the past. Anybody from the Denver area probably knew what the gun department at the Highlands Ranch store was like when Pete ran it. It was fantastic! Weatherby Mark V rifles, Browning O/U shotguns, Beretta semi-auto shotguns, etc.

So I've never really enjoyed the Wal-Mart experience. The latest move by their feminine hygienic liquid depository CEO pretty much assures that I'll never experience it again.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11766 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
If anyone has an email address for the Walmart CEO or some other way of contacting him or Walmart leadership directly I'd appreciate it if they would share it.

In the mean time, here is the website link I used to leave my email feedback to Walmart's new policy. Note that they have a 3000 character limit for feedback.

If you take a few minutes and review Walmart's Corporate website and the issues they focus on and their overall mission statement you will see that this new policy that they've adopted is in line with some of their others.

The CEO is Doug McMillon and he doesn’t listen to a damn thing from anyone that isn’t him. He’s tone deaf, arrogant and riding the same bus as all the other leftist elites.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought ammo at Walmart in years. I got PO'd during the shortage when you had to be part of the "favorites" to get ammo. I just paid more and bought in bulk elsewhere. If I need a quick box, the local Ace Hardware is closer.

My wife shops at Walmart, it's convenient and works for her, I won't interfere. As for me, I've been once in the last 4 months, bought car wash, batteries and Benadryl.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You can't create a monster and then plan on controlling it. These things should have been considered before allowing them to grow into what many of us knew they would become.

You are partially correct.
It is too late for Walmart but FWIW it doesn't matter and even more so they are free to conduct their business as they see fit.
For the Media Cartel - their time will come because if it doesn't we are all doomed.
I think they will continue to ravage the conservative community but it won't last forever as people are waking up to their tyranny.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CEO is Doug McMillon and he doesn’t listen to a damn thing from anyone that isn’t him. He’s tone deaf, arrogant and riding the same bus as all the other leftist elites.

How do these type of people keep getting promoted up the corporate ladder?
Sam Walton certainly wasn't like that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bullshit. So we should just all lay down and let them do what they want?

We already did. Voting with your dollars matters when your dollars matter. Walmart is no longer concerned about your dollars, because the dollars you have given them throughout the years has been sitting in their bank account collecting interest.

My point isn't that you shouldn't "do something". My point is when that "something" should be done. Because if you wait to do something, often times that something no longer matters. The time to spray water on a fire is when it's just the couch burning. If you wait until the house is fully engulfed you're too late.

If you're just now figuring out that something needs to be done about Walmart...well you're too late. That's not defeatist. That's reality.

www.zykansafe.com

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

I addressed my comments directly to him and Walmart leadership, however when I hit the submit button I found that I was required to specify an individual store to direct the comments to rather than him. Unfortunately I'll have to hope that the local store manager forwards my comments.

I'd still like the opportunity to slam CEO Doug McMillon's in box full and get the attention of Walmart leadership.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
The local Wal-Marts banned possession of weapons years ago. No concealed carry, no open-carry, nada, so no effect on me there. Can’t remember the last time I bought ammo there. Bought a rifle back in the 90’s and a manager had to walk the rifle out to my vehicle. Made the customers nervous if the buyer walked it out he told me. Didn’t like how I was treated so I never bought another firearm from them. After August 3rd the city is placing a police officer at all the stores 24/7. I guess now they will really enforce the weapons ban.

Posts: 5696 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post