SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What is "short barrel rifle ammunition?"

I think that's the shoulder thing that goes up.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Rarely shop there, have zero reason to now. They were the only reasonable priced handgun ammo close to me.

I'm sure gun stores are rejoicing!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37964 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I think that's the shoulder thing that goes up.

Thought it went in those double barreled magazines.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, it looks like they overlooked the .308 ammo. I guess the CEO's gun advisory experts didn't know about the AR-10.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Fuck Walmart. I never shop there, no loss for me. As stated before though this is a troubling trend.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Uh oh, it looks like they overlooked the .308 ammo. I guess the CEO's gun advisory experts didn't know about the AR-10.

Shh... They might hear you.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
A win for the LGS and online ammo sellers!

Next Step: Stop selling fishing gear because it contributes to killing fish!

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Yes, bite your tongue. I purchase this at Walmart for my PTR91. Around $21.00
https://www.federalpremium.com...ifle/11-F308FS1.html

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:

Shh... They might hear you.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I've bought ammo twice, maybe three times at Walmart in past years. It was always a hassle; find an employee, find the key, find the ammo I was pointing at, box-count limits, stupid questions. I decided to buy ammo elsewhere. This latest stupidity confirms my decision.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Another reason to avoid Walmart. Looks like target and grocery stores will get more of my business.

Same here!!! I/we used to shop their grocery section from time to time.. No longer.

And, if I can find their corporate email, I will send them a note telling them why we will no longer shop walmart.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Yes, bite your tongue. I purchase this at Walmart for my PTR91. Around $21.00
https://www.federalpremium.com...ifle/11-F308FS1.html

Good ammo. I shot a few hogs with my FAL with that. My M1A likes it too, but haven't taken any game with that one yet.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I sent them an email through their website. I am sure I won’t be the only one today

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Another reason to avoid Walmart. Looks like target and grocery stores will get more of my business.

Same here!!! I/we used to shop their grocery section from time to time.. No longer.

And, if I can find their corporate email, I will send them a note telling them why we will no longer shop walmart.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Abn556:
Just canceled my account
What account is that? Walmart CC, or what?

If you use their iPad or iPhone app for online purchases you set up an account, just like you do with Amazon. They keep your credit card and personal info on file.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not sure, but I wonder if it what the Associated Press has been calling "high capacity ammunition".

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Uh, guys, Target and Costco are more anti-gun than Walmart, even with Walmart’s dicklip new policies. Neither store sells ANY ammunition of any kind. And many of their stores are posted as prohibiting even concealed carry.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
Do they still sell baseball bats & hammers?
The whole lot of them are stinking sniveling cowards.

ETA - stickman brings up a good point. This will help every other ammo seller!

At way higher prices for the consumer.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Uh, guys, Target and Costco are more anti-gun than Walmart, even with the new policies Walmart’s dicklip new policies. Neither store sells ANY ammunition of any kind. And many of their stores are posted as prohibiting even concealed carry.

Pretty sure everyone knows that. I frankly don't care. Screw Walmart and their weaselly CEO.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Its not just that the largest retailer in the US is stopping ammo sales, its that they are in lock step with anti gunner agenda, just look at the steps they have taken, Dropped AR, Stopped Selling ammo, next is handguns in AK, the CEO's full letter states they want out of the gun market and support restricting gun sales and ownership. Its highlighted below.

He's echoing the core management agenda which is almost verbatim the anti-gunner groups positions, their tactic is failing in court and in the legislative halls, so they are going to go directly at the source.

Will someone else take up the slack, yes but not at the lower price point, LGS are happy as heck, they can now raise prices, especially on the poor gun owners in states where Internet shipping is illegal, and that's part of the plan, since they can't win in court, they take the fight to the street, corporate boardrooms etc....

Paypal, Bank of America, other financial institutions are blocking CC access to firearms dealers, you can't post guns on Ebay or gun products or pay for them with Paypal....

Excerpt from Letter

Finally, we encourage our nation’s leaders to move forward and strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger.

We do not sell military-style rifles, and we believe the reauthorization of the Assault Weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness. We must also do more, as a country, to understand the root causes that lead to this type of violent behavior. Today, I’m sending letters to the White House and the Congressional leadership that call for action on these common sense measures .

As we’ve seen before, these horrific events occur and then the spotlight fades. We should not allow that to happen. Congress and the administration should act. Given our decades of experience selling firearms, we are also offering to serve as a resource in the national debate on responsible gun sales.

If they were in "lock step," as you say, they wouldn't sell any guns or ammo.

Don't exaggerate.

And I'll save you the trouble of saying, "Just you wait."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their right to limit what they sell and who they want in their stores. My right where to spend my money.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
At way higher prices for the consumer.
If anyone thought regular ammo deals were to be had at WallyMart, they are morons.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post