SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Show your receipt or not... doesn't matter... at all, they win either way. They have your MONEY!

Don't like the policy? Shop elsewhere.
I could not care less, it usually takes 5 seconds and if it helps deter theft then good for them. I have never waited in line to be checked, just go around, and they have almost completely stopped checking receipts at our store anyway. Perhaps it is determined by how severe the theft losses are store by store?

A Walmart employee told me several years ago that employee theft was thought to amount to more than customer theft at our Walmart. This from the store manager, explaining the addition of more security cameras in employee only areas like the break room.

And I love the self checkout...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Walmart needs to quit with that bull shit receipt check, as you leave the store.
They have no right to do that.

The shoplifting at stores like Walmart is astonishing. With some jurisdictions now refusing to prosecute many shoplifting cases, I can see them trying to mitigate their losses - which only benefits the general public.

Posts: 12466 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I won't set foot inside WalMart any more. I don't care what kind of deals they have an ammunition. They could be selling 9mm for a dollar a box, but AFAIC, they can shove it up their ass. They'll never again see another penny of my money. Their Chinese bullshit merchandise; the way they drive mom and pop stores out of business; the way they fuck their vendors; this ammo hypocrisy. Enough is enough. WalMart is dead to me.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local Walmart has reduced prices on pistol ammo to close out.

Just purchased Federal 357 for $13/box of 50. Remington 357 HP $25 box of 100.

Also big price reduction on 5.56

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up at two stores. .32acp ($13 For 50), 357sig ($15 For 50), .40 ($30 For 200), .45 ($17 For 100) and .223 ($30 For 200 and $25 For 150)

Prices are unbelievable. Only set foot because there is no way they are making money at that price.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post