SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I guessed today’s word after the third attempt but didn’t think it would be right due to the brand connotation so I came up with a word that included the final letter and used some so-far unused consonants. Oh, well, got it on the fifth line.

Today’s Nerdle was interesting too. My usual starting equation eliminated five numbers and an operator but gave me at least the final number in the answer. I solved it on the third attempt but don’t think I’ve seen them use a number assortment like that before.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2157 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't remember yesterday's word but got it on the 3rd try.

Got today's in 5.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Don't remember yesterday's word but got it on the 3rd try.

Got today's in 5.

flashguy

Yesterday, Borax
Today, took me 6. Had it on the 5th but spelled incorrectly Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
How did everyone do today? This one seemed like it could be troublesome.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 for me

Posts: 197 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Took 5 today, 2nd try yesterday.

Posts: 3021 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
How did everyone do today? This one seemed like it could be troublesome.
Took me 4 today. I made a bad guess on the third line.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Finally got it in 5.

flashguy

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
5 here.

Posts: 4243 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
4/16 in 3
4/17 in 4

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Today's (17th) took me all 6 to get.

flashguy

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Today's (17th) took me all 6 to get.

flashguy

Same here

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Got yesterday's in 4, today's took me 5.

Wordle related questions:
How is everybody's streak doing? Mine is up to 40 but it should be more. We had a power outage and I didn't play for two days. If you miss a day, your streak resets. Frown
Did anyone like to follow the Empty Apartment guy on YouTube? I enjoyed his daily wordle videos for about a year, then they abruptly ended. Anyone know what happened?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2154 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was a process of elimination, getting a couple of letters early and the. eliminating others until I finally got in in five. Today, I got the second letter on the first row and another letter on the second try. With two possibilities in mind, I got lucky and chose the right one on the third try for a change.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2157 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
4 today. That wasn't a weird word but my first word with 3 vowels in it didn't help at all, which threw me.

Posts: 4243 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got yesterday's in 4, today's took me 5.

How is everybody's streak doing? Mine is up to 40 but it should be more. We had a power outage and I didn't play for two days. If you miss a day, your streak resets. Frown
Did anyone like to follow the Empty Apartment guy on YouTube? I enjoyed his daily wordle videos for about a year, then they abruptly ended. Anyone know what happened?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1564 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
4 today. That wasn't a weird word but my first word with 3 vowels in it didn't help at all, which threw me.

Same here. The first word I use has an ‘a’, ‘o’, and ‘e’. It’s pretty rare that the day’s word doesn’t have one of those vowels.

Another curveball was that three of the ladies in our wordle group got today’s word in 3. I had zeroed in on the word by my fourth attempt, but talked myself out of it because I didn’t think Three women would have gotten that word on their third try.

Wordle has had some very odd words lately.

Posts: 6558 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

How is everybody's streak doing?

I busted for the first time in a long time last month. So, my current streak is 32 days. Before that, I think it was close to a year.

My stats only go back a year. Even though the NYT said they’d preserve your stats when they forced you to create an account last year, I lost everything and started at zero when I did. Mad

Posts: 6558 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Broke mine today. Had 4/5 correct on the 3rd guess & picked 4 wrong words.

posted Hide Post
In two

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 268 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post