SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I play it regularly. My win rate is 96%. I get about 20% in the 3rd word and the majority in the 4th. (My first 2 words are always the same -- AUDIO and PESTY. They collectively have all 6 vowels and several useful consonants.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I was like huh, now what? after my first two guesses.

Same here. I had zero letters on my first guess - which I don't ever recall happening before.

Then I only got one letter on my second guess. Like you, I was thinking "Now what?".

I ended up getting it on my fourth guess. I think this was the toughest word yet.

Posts: 6599 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Wordlebot gave me a skill score of 57 today and I beat his guess count by one. 4 guesses for me and 5 for wordlebot).

Posts: 45578 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I've played it, try to come up with a word with the most vowels in it for my first word. "Audio" or "Adieu" work pretty well, though audio is my go-to. Followed by one like "steps" that has an s, t, e in it.

Then all that strategory goes out the window when I get hits on multiple letters on the "Audio" word, lol.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6392 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got today's in 3 tries with all green, no yellow squares. Cool

Worldle was a lucky guess in 2.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Today is 365 days of Nerdle, the math game, for me, and I have a 365 day positive streak. I’ve missed on Wordle three times during that time.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2177 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I busted today, ending a 140 day streak.

What makes it even worse is that just yesterday I was razzing one of my kids that I always seem to do better than him. He’s going to enjoy teasing the old man when he sees that. Big Grin

Posts: 6599 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I play everyday.

Yesterday's puzzle was a doozy with me starting off with VOICE. Did it in 6 but usually it's 3 to mostly 4.

Still think the bot is full of shit when he starts everything off with SLATE. I do agree with the bot that it's a good idea at times to "burn" a line to get out all of the other vowels and see what sticks.

I also do the mini crossword at the same time.

Posts: 4257 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Today's word was a real PITA!

Posts: 11433 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Today's word was a real PITA!

PITA is only four letters.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53254 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
I busted today, ending a 140 day streak.

What makes it even worse is that just yesterday I was razzing one of my kids that I always seem to do better than him. He’s going to enjoy teasing the old man when he sees that. Big Grin

This broke a almost hundred day streak...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
stI got yesterdays (21st) on the 4th word. Todays was on the 5th. However, words 1 and 2 are always my "search" words "AUDIO" and "PESTY" and I don't expect to score on those (although I have done so twice). Yesterday my 3rd word had 4 of the 5 letters in the right place, needing to get the first one right. Today I had 4 in the right place in the 4th word and got it in the 5th.

Skins, when I'm in that situation, I try a word with as many of the possible choices in it to see what one is right. In your case I might have tried "WHIPS" in an attempt to eliminate some possibilities.

My score in previous activities was 95% success, mostly in the 3rd and 4th words.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I hate those!

I'll usually get wordle in four...but I usually start with three search words. LEANS, AUDIO, and TWERP.

Wordles are pretty easy to get eventually. I don't have as much luck with Quordles, however.

Posts: 20665 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Skins, when I'm in that situation, I try a word with as many of the possible choices in it to see what one is right. In your case I might have tried "WHIPS" in an attempt to eliminate some possibilities.

Excellent suggestion! Thanks!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Excellent suggestion! Thanks!
Yes, play for elimination. I have three opening words that don’t have repeating letters. If the first two aren’t particularly helpful and I need the third I’ve already used 15 letters, 16 if the U is gray.

Posts: 45578 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Today's is not a word, is it?

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
It started as an acronym but became a word through common usage.

Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I've played it, try to come up with a word with the most vowels in it for my first word. "Audio" or "Adieu" work pretty well, though audio is my go-to. Followed by one like "steps" that has an s, t, e in it.

The problem with "STEPS" is that the "S" is used twice. If there is no "S" you wasted a letter. I would try "STYLE" instead. Seems like L and Y pop up more than P anyway.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2169 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it's in their dictionary, it's a word, I guess.

An answer on one website was "EMCEE" a while back. To me, the acronym is MC. But their website, their rules.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2169 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I would have had it on the 3rd try, but figured it wasn't a word.

AUDIO, followed by RENTS or STERN are my go-tos.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post