SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 54
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
4th try.

Posts: 11359 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
not sure if anyone here is still playing. But if you got today's word, you are smarter than me.

Don't feel bad.

I've been playing since February. Today was only the second time I didn't get the word. Frown

I have a friendly competition with the wife and 3 other family members. Today, one of them didn't get it either, and the other 3 only got it on the sixth try.

I think this is the hardest word they've had.

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
I normally get it in 3 or 4, but todays took me 5. I lucked into some letters and placement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 579 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I got completely hooked, solved it 77 days in a row and then got bored and moved on. Some days it took 3 minutes. There were a few days I was laying in bed ready to go to sleep with 2 guesses left, but I would figure it out.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1914 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
not sure if anyone here is still playing. But if you got today's word, you are smarter than me.

Don't feel bad.

I've been playing since February. Today was only the second time I didn't get the word. Frown

I have a friendly competition with the wife and 3 other family members. Today, one of them didn't get it either, and the other 3 only got it on the sixth try.

I think this is the hardest word they've had.

I didn't gt that word either (third time) but my wife got it in 5.

Today was on 3rd try

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14096 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Yesterday took 6 and today took 3, which turned my guess distribution chart into a perfect bell curve:

2-10
3-41
4-78
5-41
6-10

Well, perfect bell curve and 4.0 average except for two misses. I was riding a 161 day streak until I got sloppy about 3 weeks ago and missed my first and have lost one more since.

Anyone still doing Nerdle? I'm doing better on it, with a 3.51 average and, knock on wood, no misses so far over 163 games.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I've been playing since early Feb.
Have been on a winning streak the whole time.
176 played. 176 won.

1-0
2-2
3-26
4-78
5-57
6-13

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1556 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My stats

Wordle: 146 played 92% win
1-0
2-1
3-14
4-43
5-41
6-35
X-12

Worldle: 143 played 95% win
1-18
2-24
3-38
4-35
5-14
6-7
X-7

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15750 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I play every day.

141 played 97% win

1 - 0
2 - 3
3 - 23
4 - 57
5 - 36
6 - 18

Posts: 1063 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Wordle stats
185 Played
95 Win %
14 Current Streak
46 Max Streak
1 - 1
2 - 4
3 - 27
4 - 54
5 - 61
6 - 28

I'm not so good at Worldle
165 Played
35 Win %
0 Current Streak
4 Max Streak
1 - 12
2 - 5
3 - 12
4 - 13
5 - 9
6 - 6

Posts: 45466 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Stomp has been my first word for a long time. Got it the first try the other day. It’s all downhill from that.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I bounced back today. I got Wordle in 3. Then, I did Quordle and got it in 3-4-5-6. Razz

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Doing practice QUORDLE, had T as the first letter and A, N, G as other letters. My first thought was THANG. I may need to move back north. On the other hand, the correct answer was TWANG, so maybe I’m good where I’m at.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 11359 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
We have an ongoing wordle text thread with some family members. Last week we added my nephew and his wife. My nephew got the word on the second try twice this week.

Even though my bulls**t alarm went off, I didn’t say anything for the sake of family harmony. Imagine my surprise when my meek and mild daughter-in-law called him out on it. Big Grin

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have an ongoing wordle text thread with some family members. Last week we added my nephew and his wife. My nephew got the word on the second try twice this week.

My test/finder word is AUDIO. One day that was the word. Got it in one! Big Grin

Posts: 20350 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

My test/finder word is AUDIO. One day that was the word. Got it in one! Big Grin

That is a great starter word. I use ORATE which has three vowels, but AUDIO has four. Think I'll switch. Of course, if I do, ORATE will probably be the word that day. Razz

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
QUORDLE, which I learned about in this very thread, is four wordles at the same time, but you get nine guess to get all four. The one day I decided to mix it up, I used RADIO as my first guess. That gave me the A in the wrong spot and DIO in the correct spots for one of the puzzles. I was so pissed.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
Got today's in 3.
First 2 guesses, no correct letters.

Posts: 15750 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I was like huh, now what? after my first two guesses.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think that's only the 2nd or 3rd time I've had nothing on the first 2 guesses, out of 250 games played.