SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 4 today. Test words (first 2) gave 3 letters, none placed correctly. Took 2 tries to get the word.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took all 5 tries to get the word for today but at least I didn't get wiped out.

Posts: 536 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Low probability 2nd guess today allowed me to nail it on third guess today.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 4 again today. A Scottish sport was a big help.

flashguy

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Got it in 2 today.

That’s the third time in a week. I’m on a roll. Razz

Posts: 6566 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
3 today, lucky guess based on my 2 starter words.
One of these days one of those starters will be the word & I'll get it in 1 or 2 Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15976 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you guys are good.

I only got the word in two once

Today it was six. Had three letters in the right places in three, then two wrong guesses...

Posts: 576 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I can count the times I've lost on one hand, every time it's in the same way, start off good, then fail to guess the right word out of multiple possibilities. I lost back to back today and yesterday, both times like this. I need to adopt the strategy some of you have mentioned about using remaining letters to make a word to try to eliminate more possibilities, but I always just keep guessing instead of eliminating first.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You raise an interesting question of strategy.

I start with AUDIO, usually gives me one or two correct letters, then in second row I try to incorporate those letters into a word either placing the correct letters in different boxes or if in the right place then there, with the rest of the word using letters that are more common like T, R, S, N. An E if I have one or no vowels from AUDIO. I don't use the second try to incorporate all new letters to either eliminate them or increase my chance of new letters to add to those in the first word.

How do you all approach?

Posts: 576 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
I missed today also. I usually use 3 or 4 test words depending, instead of guessing that use up most of the letters. That usually means I get it on 5 or 6 every time. Today I was on 6 and had two options. I guessed wrong.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After two test words I had two vowels and two consonants, all in the wrong place.
Guessed it in three with a double consonant of all things.
Many times I get stuck and it ends up being a double.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Busted today, almost the same as ski s, but guessing different starter word(s). 3-6 were all trying to get the first letter with the last 4 correct

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15976 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I use a different starter word from day to day and don't repeat more than once a week. Today's first choice was a very lucky one, revealing 4 letters, none in the right spot. Ended up getting it on the third try.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Four today. I don't play in hard mode at all. First two guesses are words that eliminate or verify all vowels, then go from there.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I always play these 3 words first:

heart
scion
lumpy

They handle all vowels (including Y) and a fair number of consonants.
From there I can generally get the word on #4

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1565 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It took me 6 today. My test words today were AUDIO and RHYME, which includes all the vowels and a few consonants. I don't usually use RHYME and my other usual choice for #2 would have been better (won't say what it is because might be a spoiler). After 4 I had the last 4 letters right and 4 possible first letters--used a test word to eliminate 2 possibilities and made a hard choice at the end, which worked.

flashguy

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Guess this thread has lost interest. I did it in 3 today--first guess after my 2 test words gave me 4 letters, 1 in the fight place.

flashguy

Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Finally got one in 3. Might have been able to achieve the elusive 2 guesser if I had been just a little bolder.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2158 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten it in three tries two days in a row for the first time in a while, moving my bell curve peak down a little toward four. A number of fives and some sixes recently have raised my average (which isn’t good) and skewed the curve up.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My overall stats. Nailed it in 3 the last three days.

1st guess = 0%
2nd guess = 8%
3rd guess = 29%
4th guess = 32%
5th guess = 23%
6th guess = 6%
Failed. = 2%

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post