SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wordle (word game). Don’t give spoilers! (Please) Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 4 today.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Got it in 2 today. Razz

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 5 today. (Should have been 4, but made an error.)

flashguy

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
5 today, almost had it in 4

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15980 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
4 today after failing yesterday.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
4 today.

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1224 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I got the last four letters in three today and then found there were at least three (more that I might have missed?) so I came up with a word that had all three possibilities for try number four. Found the letter and got it in five.

Happy Independence Day to all.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My starter word gave me 4 of 5, none in the right places. Only took two more to get it.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Got it 2 today for the second day in a row.

I am having a great time razzing my kids about it, asking them if they want me to give them lessons. Big Grin

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Two today, so I am elated. Very rare for me.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
3 today, had all 5 letters off my 2 starters

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15980 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also 3 today, and in 3 yesterday and the day before. Pretty good run for me.

Posts: 576 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Me 3. My 2 test words gave me 4 letters, one of which was in the right place. I made a good guess in word 3.

flashguy

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Got it in 2 today. My starter word I always use gave me 4 of 5 letters with 2 in the correct spot.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6775 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Today’s word is a word I use sometimes as a starter word. I ended up getting it in three, but it could have been an opportunity to get it on the first guess.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Back when I first began playing Wordle, my starter word was UNITY. Turned out that the word one day was UNIFY. I think that was my once in a lifetime chance to get it in one guess.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2160 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In 4 again.

flashguy

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
In 4 again.

flashguy

5 here. but I'm not real good at this game, and I feel good if I get it at all. Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Got the July 4th one in ONE guess. I’ll never do it again.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8873 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:
Got the July 4th one in ONE guess. I’ll never do it again.
I did it just once--my usual first test word was the word of the day. I also did in in 2 once--my second test word was it.

flashguy