SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

The chances are also good that the Democrats will end up with a different and stronger candidate, regardless of the Republican candidate.

Utterly ridiculous. Who exactly do you have in mind? Because at this point the Democrats got Jack and Shit, and Jack just left town.

All I know is that a 2nd Trump Presidency would be one for the history books. It would be amazing. "No More Mr. Nice Guy" will no longer be remembered as an Alice Cooper song.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I believe the Republican nominee will be either Trump or DeSantis, and I will gladly vote for either one of them. I really think that Trump would make the best President because of his prior performance there, but DeSantis is also a very strong person.

The Never-Trumpers are a problem, of course, and there do seem to be a great number of them. Maybe we should put Trump in as VP and a milquetoast Republican as Pres, then impeach the President for failing to serve? (I kid, but it may take drastic measures to get wheat we all want.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Para, you have expressed my sentiments precisely. I agree with every word.
It is not just, it is not fair, it is reality.

I will add only this:
I just finished reading Scott Atlas’ book about his time advising Trump on COVID.
Atlas was incredibly impressed with DeSsntis’ detailed knowledge of the scientific literature pertinent to COVID, and used Atlas as a sounding board to check his conclusions. DeSantis then put into effect what Atlas (and others like me who supported the Great Barrington Declaration) were asking for: ending lockdowns and focusing on protecting the vulnerable.
The more I know of DeSantis, the more impressed I am to put together string teams to develop and implement cutting-edge, honest conservative programs.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Trump has endured over six years of attacks, investigations, insults, committees, lies, etc. and is still standing. And the hits keep coming. Why? Because his opponents know he can win in 2024, and they are doing everything under the sun to prevent this.

He has six years of experience dealing with this. More shit than any public figure in U.S. history. He knows the drill well. He knows first hand the corrupt election process in America now, as well as his people. And anybody who thinks DeSantis will not experience this same thing is naive, and he has never faced this onslaught as Governor.

Trump is the best candidate for 2024 and I will 100% support the best candidate to pull us out of 4 years of Biden/Obama. He's done it before, he can do it again.

Man, I was typing essentially the same thing, but for some reasons, I closed it. And then, I saw what you wrote, I'm so glad. I would also add that, anyone else would have folded like a cheap suit.

Also, I totally agree with what Pale Horse said right below your post:
quote:
I would like Trump to be president again in 2024. I like him. But his attacks on DeSantis in the weeks and days prior to the midterms were ignorant and extremely poorly timed.

But, not just this instance, but with all the other times that he shot his mouth absolutely unnecessarily. He doesn't need to battle with every little peon that he doesn't agree with. Leave that to us and just run the country.

And, that brings us to the third and extremely important thing. He needs to vet his people thoroughly this time around. No doubt he underestimated how deep and wide the swamp was and thought he could just come in, sweep the surface and everything would come out clean. He needs to come in this time around and fire all top level holdovers, starting with the DOJ and all of its branches. These goddamned KGB-like thugs are a great danger to liberty-loving Americans everywhere, as far as I'm concerned..

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I had occasion to spend some time with a long time friend. She has been a lifelong Democrat (but I still like her). We got to talking about the upcoming election and she mentioned she voted for Biden as the lesser of two evils. She now freely admits it was a mistake. I just hope there are many more Democrats coming to the same realization.
I voted for Trump but did so swallowing hard to contain the gorge due to his childlike tantrums. He is a man that deeply cares for this country and did well while in office. If he could just let some slights pass and not go into full attack mode each time he doesn't like what others might be saying he likely would be our President right now. He just needs to do a bit of the Joe Show and not confront and berate every idiot that says something he doesn't like. He should just address issues and stay in his basement while a known fool babbles. If he is the nominee I will again vote for him but hope he doesn't split the votes by running independent if he is not the chosen candidate. Unfortunately it already appears to be more of the same with his pre campaign confrontations with people in his own party. Put a sock in it Donald and be the man we need to have in office! After you are there, give them hell as you have nothing to lose in your second term.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2891 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
I say unreservedly- and I'll say it to anyone who listens: I love Donald Trump. The man kept one of the nastiest, most vile, evil leftist crooks ever to draw breath out of office- Hillary "Bad Faith" Clinton.

Amen

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Para,
Thanks for starting this thread. The OP expresses my thoughts as well. There have already been many great comments.

It will be an interesting primary. But hard fought primaries make for battle-tested candidates.

My biggest concern about DeSantis is where he gets his money. Big donors want him beholden. I hope that doesn't happen.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Agree. Additionally, I do believe Desantis would be a better president than Trump. I would also prefer a candidate who can potentially stay in power for 8 years vice once that can only give us 4.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump gave us four terrific years! He kept our Country headed on course at full steam ahead while keeping the rest of the world in check! I can’t imagine where we would be right now if he had had his cabinet, Congress, and the medias support.

I have been wondering lately if he is planning a “sleight of hand”. Have the media and Dems focused on him running, and then stepping aside at the last minute and supporting who he thinks will do the best job.
There is no doubt that he will do what he thinks is best for this Country, and I thank God he is on our side!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1129 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
He's definitely being coy by never answering the question in multiple interviews. I hope he waits until 2028 to throw in his hat but I get it if he wants to go now. I really want to see Trump get his 2nd term, turn DC on its head after learning some really hard lessons, and righting the ship.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I am hoping DeSantis is it. Trump did do some good things while in office, but any time I tried to get behind him he would say or do something offensive.

Still hoping Haley is in for the long haul just to see the left try to attack her, and we get to accuse the attacker of being Racist/Misogynistic/Xenophobic. Give the left an actual taste of their own medicine. Big Grin

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
If Trump wins the primary and is the GOP nominee in 2024, then we end up with a Democrat in the White House. Period. End of story.

As so many others have said in this thread already, there are too many people that hate Trump. Trump is too polarizing. There are too many people that will either withhold their vote, or vote for the other person.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
If Trump wins the primary and is the GOP nominee in 2024, then we end up with a Democrat in the White House. Period. End of story.
That's the very same thing "experts" were saying in 2016. And I mean exactly the same thing, including the "Period. End of story" stuff.

You don't know anything of the sort. You could be just as wrong as people were- including members of this very forum- in 2016. While you're expressing your dislike of Donald Trump, don't forget to forget to thank him for keeping Hillary Clinton out of office.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I know that if Donald were to gain the White House again there would be a great correction domestically and in foreign affairs......which is another reason the Left will do all it can to discourage us through fear and despair from imposing him on them. Soros has weighed in on DeSantis as has the Bush family and other rinos. Again, it appears to be a never-Trump coalition developing.

The wrong sorts would really like a DeSantis Republican candidate:

CNN

The Washington Post

Politico

MSNBC

Newsweek

Paul Ryan, The Bushes, Meghan McCain, Chuck Schumer, The Lincoln Project, etc. have been pushing this narrative for months. The Media, Democrats, and RINOs are in lockstep with this. Ask yourself WHY.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
THIS is Why...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They would be a hell of an interesting team if they decided to work together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Para’s first post here pretty much nailed it.
I believe Trump would most likely win the primary but I can’t see him winning the general election.
The chances are also good that the Democrats will end up with a different and stronger candidate, regardless of the Republican candidate.

Trump will bring every crazy leftist to the polls in the general. The party is already split, with many never Trumpers willing to sacrifice our great country. I think the last election was a referendum on DJT. By every measurable metric the GOP should have won bigly and it didn’t. The senate was always a toss up, but the narrow margin in the house is inexcusable and I believe the personal attacks on DeSantis three days before the election is mostly to blame. I too would love to see what a second DJT Presidency would be like, especially if he had the support of a Republican house and senate. I’ll support whomever gets the nomination, but my enthusiastic support at this juncture is behind DeSantis. In the end, I can not see a path to reconciliation between the two conflicting ideologies that exist in this country. They will never coexist. This country has to decide to go one way or the other. I will never surrender my freedom in the name of safety and I was mortified at how quickly many Americans did at the hands of COVID.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The last election was Definitely NOT a referendum on Trump! It should have been a referendum on Biden, but the acts/actions of the GOP Leadership NOT supporting Conservative Candidates in numerous KEY races across the country (even going so far as to support Murkowski AGAINST a Republican!) scuttled that which should have been a sure thing, and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Mad

It's the GOP leadership that needs to be defeated...They're NOT on our side, and if it comes to it, they won't side with DeSantis either! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I don't know how this will shake out, other than I pretty sure it will be Trump or DeSantis running. I like Haley but I don't think she's quite ready yet. Her serving as VP for 8 years would put her in a good position.

Imagine if you will, Trump decides he's had enough (unlikely) and throws full support to DeSantis and campaigns for him. The dems would not have a chance even if out of desperation they drag out Michelle or one of the other beloved left wing radicals.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Haley is a back stabbing and pandering RINO. Trying to act really conservative by saying FL "Don't Say Gay" law doesn't go far enough. Wasn't she the one who ordered the confederate flag removed from the grounds of the SC Statehouse, when she was governor?

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post