SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
He's out. I just watched the tweet.

Posts: 4125 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^

Yep, Fox News calling it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-race-endorses-trump

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"No candidate has had more thrown at him..."

Man, please. Ever hear of Donald Trump? Roll Eyes

He looks relieved.

https://twitter.com/IAPolls202.../1749160159002210504

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Ron's endorsement seems a little lackluster, pointing out his perceived flaws of Trump, and admitting Trump is "superior to Biden" Roll Eyes. Uhh Ron...a fucking head of cabbage is superior to Joe.

I read a NYT piece from yesterday, which I won't link, but he talked about 2028. He won't admit it, but he'll have some competition.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
quote:
He looks relieved.

That is exactly what I thought as I watched the video. It was like he was saying "phew, I'm glad that's over."

Posts: 2341 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a Florida resident I love Ron as a governor. Man his campaigning skills are underwhelming. Great administrator. Trying to think of a good cabinet position for him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ElToro,

Posts: 4837 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I read a NYT piece from yesterday, which I won't link, but he talked about 2028.

This is what he should have done in the first place. But someones ego or someone whispering in his ear, destryed his chances.

Posts: 1051 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The guy should have sat all of this out until 2028 but no, his ego wouldn’t allow that and now he’s damaged goods and may never recover from this.

What a dumbass. I really liked this guy originally but won’t bother with him again.

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Good play by DeSantis doing this so quickly. Hayley is going to be looking like a complete laughingstock the longer she stays in. Whatever she has to say about Trump, he can say, "Whatever you say Nimarata, look at the polls."

Year V

Posts: 2649 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think this Tuesday will tell the tale. I think she'll get her ass handed to her, but whether or not she does, she's sticking for now. She's a snake in the grass.

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Good play by DeSantis doing this so quickly. Hayley is going to be looking like a complete laughingstock the longer she stays in. Whatever she has to say about Trump, he can say, "Whatever you say Nimarata, look at the polls."
Last night at the SNHU Arena in Manchester, NH Trump had EIGHT of the NINE 'Constitutional Officers' from South Carolina on stage with him, quite enthusiastically endorsing him over Haley. We the People in attendance were eating it up 'quite enthusiastically' as well. Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Let the Koke money be spent on Haley, they won’t put their money behind Trump anyway. Problem is the RNC will also spend down the war chest so there will be little to use on other campaigns. I hope Trump keeps all those dirty players out of his camp this time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4867 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Good play by DeSantis doing this so quickly.

I don't think he had any choice. He literally put everything he had as far as money and resources into Iowa, his whole campaign staff lived there for 9 months. He had nothing left to run on, money and support, and his donors left him for Haley.

As far as 2028, he damaged his reputation, enough that Trump will not consider him for any cabinet post. And when 2028 comes along, there will be other candidates that will likely render him just a memory; Trump's VP choice, Ramaswamy, Tim Scott, Byron Daniels, etc. The Republican field will be wide open in 28.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Problem is the RNC will also spend down the war chest so there will be little to use on other campaigns.

What are you talking about?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Sundance from The Conservative Treehouse was one of the few that saw through DeSantis early last year, and had this to say:

quote:

The next few days will be fraught with demands to unite the clans. However, please remember the proven and demonstrably accurate axiom: Never Trust a Never Trumper .

The Ron DeSantis campaign was built upon a foundation of fraud. Long planned as an effort to destroy the threat that MAGA represents to the Republican apparatus, nothing about the DeSantis campaign was grassroots, authentic, natural or real. The Sea Island organized campaign was a specific and detailed approach driven by the professional political class. Ron DeSantis was a vessel, a willing vessel, for the deliberate schemes and Machiavellian intents of the worst elements in USA Republican politics.

WE CANNOT UNITE with that group. Think about it.

Supporters of Ron DeSantis either knew of the Never Trump intents, or they were not smart enough to see the supernova flares of manipulation that were triggered from the outset. Either way, cunning or stupid, I do not want to camp with them. It is what it is.

Take the endorsement and carry on.

Ron and Casey will be divorced within two years.

https://theconservativetreehou...tis-out/#more-255026

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I wanted him to do this months ago. Drop out and enthusiastically endorse Trump, not this, well he's better. Ugh. I am a big fan of his but he has handled this entire run ass backwards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5923 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think this awful showing by DeSantis likely dooms any hope he had for 2028. He has run Florida well, just hope his opponents can’t leverage this against his governorship. Smart play would’ve been to align with Trump, who is very popular in Florida, and learn & develop his game on the national level for a run in 2028. He’s young and had the time. But he got some awful advice and, pardon the joke, became short sighted.

Posts: 13180 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26787 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Ron never should have run in 2024. I'm pretty sure all of us would have been on board if he threw support for Trump in the beginning and then went for it in 2028. Trump was the only choice for 2024.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7104 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The DeSantis "influencers" are losing their minds, and prove to me they were more Never Trumpers than pro-DeSantis. Too many to post.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...niting-behind-trump/