SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
DeSantis says avoiding media at the start...

The truth is, corporate media outlets were, and currently the main outlets he has been going on. His campaign has intentionally avoided most of the independent podcasts and talk shows, townhalls that Trump went on. He is not comfortable speaking freely on a longer show where they will ask challenging questions, where CNN and MSNBC will lob him softball questions. He only does well when everything is prepped. This is why Ramaswamy did so much better with the media and debates. Vivek will go on any show and speak his mind without tip toeing around the hard questions like Ron.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ron's campaign actually banned any of his team from going on certain podcasts, one in particular was Tim Pool's. On the other hand, Vivek went on his show at least two or three times.

The things Ron and his team were doing were not well done or well thought out at all. Not at all.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30559 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, my. DeSantis supporter Chip Roy: "Come at me, bro!" Roll Eyes

You bleepin' bleepers!! Americans died in Normandy and I haven't seen my family for a month! Bleepin' come into my bleepin' office and say that stuff, bleepers!!

https://twitter.com/JosephPino.../1748715577361715698

This is the guy who taunted Donald Trump that he was "scared" to debate DeSantis.

Partner, there's no need for Trump to debate DeSantis because DeSantis is an also-ran. It would be pointless to debate someone who's going to drop out of the race soon, probably this week.

Bleep you, man!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108115 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Chip Roy has always had sand in his vagina when it comes to Trump. He worked for Ted Cruz in his failed presidential campaign, and never really gotten over it. He, like his buddy DeSantis, believed the participants on the Jan. 6th were unpatriotic, and didn't think there was evidence of fraud in 2020. Plus at the time, he was going after Texas A.G. Ken Paxton, a big supporter of Trump. Trump remembers these things, and called for Roy to be defeated in his primary run in 2022. He is one of the few, if not the only Freedom Caucus member who hates Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chip Roy has always had sand in his vagina when it comes to Trump.

Big Grin
Everything you say above about Chip Roy is correct. All of the RINOs going after Texas A.G. Ken Paxton need to be primaried and voted out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24279 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Apparently, this is real.

End days for the DeSantis campaign Roll Eyes

https://twitter.com/Daytobehap.../1748741444863455708

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
At least the tie is the appropriate length for his outfit. Good grief.

As far as Chip Roy, I'd tell him to stop being such a pussy. That video was extremely cringe. I had him pegged wrong. Legitimately. I apparently had the wrong impression about him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30559 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Is he intentionally destroying his political career? It’s one thing to run ill advisedly against a dynamo like Trump. It’s another thing to turn the cannon on your own hull.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29788 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I would bet money he will not make it to Super Tuesday, he will lose badly in New Hampshire and South Carolina. Donor money has run dry.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1748844785744675305

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I forgot to post above that DeSantis has no TV ads running in the upcoming primary states- New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada, all before Super Tuesday. No ads= No money. He's done.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...early-voting-states/

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The man let his head get too big and thought he could make it on the big stage.

Q

Posts: 26787 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Lets just hope he can go back to Florida and continue a good job there. All the signs this weekend seem to say he's getting ready to throw a hissy fit and storm off and not be seen for the next few weeks.

Posts: 7290 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree- a horribly-run campaign. DeSantis surrounded himself with self-serving narcissists, vicious online trolls and, frankly, some genuinely stupid people. From what I've observed, competency was nowhere to be found in this campaign.

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/s.../1748900337312829608

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I looked back at my Feb '23 comments.
  • Boy has DeSantis disappointed the crap out of me since then. Never envisioned that someone so effective as a Governor could be such a dud on the national stage and run such a horrible campaign.
  • The Demonrats have been even more treacherous against Trump than I had imagined with the bullshit ineligible to run for POTUS due to Jan 6th and the ridiculous lawsuits.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post

Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    His campaign was doomed from the start, even before he officially declared; the campaign model was extremely flawed. His expectation of convincing Trump voters to vote for him was not a bright idea. He and his people gambled that Trump would be thrown into prison or something, and that in itself was a flawed plan as well, they heavily underestimated the loyalty of Trump supporters.

Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by oddball:
    ...they heavily underestimated the loyalty of Trump supporters.
    It seems like most people outside of the fold have made the same mistake. They have no idea.