SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
“we’ve got our ticket punched out of Iowa,” he said

In the 'taint'???!!! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9079 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Because of your support, in spite of all of that they threw at us, everyone against us — we’ve got our ticket punched out of Iowa,” he said.

While at the same time.... Nikki Haley says it's now a two person race:

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHis.../1747118052070588482

So after Nikki was supposedly the new anointed one – Ron’s narrow 2nd place victory over her last night – does this mean Ron gets back to good graces of Fox and other anti -Trumpers and back to that 1st loser position?

Actually, I think Ron will drop out before Nikki.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24287 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108144 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Brutal assessment, and I agree. Skip to the 25 minute mark for a brief look.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi...sistance-day-1092%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16832 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Scott Presler, one of the hardest working people doing outreach and registering new voters for the GOP..."

That statement is not accurate. He is not one of the hardest working people; he IS the hardest working person working to register new voters for the GOP. Scott Presler does amazing work. He is--and I say this without any hyperbole at all--the GOP's greatest asset in getting new voters to our side from the ground.

These DeSantis supporters saying these vile things are a despicable lot and should be ashamed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30582 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...34408&recip=26773771

Fmr DeSantis Spokesman Flips His Support to Trump After Iowa Showdown: 'I Was Wrong'

In a shocking turn of events, a former spokesman for Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is flipping his support from the governor to the GOP's likely 2024 presidential nominee, former President Trump.

Steve Cortes, the former national spokesman for the pro-Ron DeSantis super PAC "Never Back Down," is jumping ship after Trump dominated Iowa on Monday night in the wake of the state's primary caucus.

In an op-ed titled "Only Trump Can Save America," Cortes admitted he was wrong in thinking DeSantis could sail to victory when, in reality, Trump is taking the significant lead among his rivals.

"I believed that Republican voters were ready for a new post-Trump chapter of the America First movement. I now believe I was wrong," Cortes said.

DeSantis came second in the Iowa caucus with 21.3 percent of votes, while Trump secured 50.4 percent of the support.

"Those of us who backed Ron DeSantis – or the other Republican candidates – should read the room," he wrote. "Former President Trump winnowed the field effortlessly and then crushed the remaining three candidates in Iowa. He leads in the polls everywhere else. It is time to coalesce and unite behind the clear preference of the GOP grassroots, Donald John Trump."

The Florida governor had long been seen as Trump's number-one rival before his campaign began its downward spiral last year. DeSantis has devoted time, money, and resources to Iowa to only perform poorly in the state.

Trump overwhelmingly won Iowa, solidifying his position in the race against the Democratic Party. His Monday night victory has resulted in Trump allies voicing their support for their 45th president.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38887 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Steve Cortes, the former national spokesman for the pro-Ron DeSantis super PAC "Never Back Down

This is huge news in the DeSantis universe. Cortes was one of Ronny's biggest supporters last year. The house of cards is falling apart. It is reported that many Florida politicians want DeSantis to drop out so he can do his job back home.The man has gone beyond embarrassing himself.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16832 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is huge news in the DeSantis universe. Cortes was one of Ronny's biggest supporters last year. The house of cards is falling apart. It is reported that many Florida politicians want DeSantis to drop out so he can do his job back home.

Ron will drop out before Nikki.
The Never-Trumpers and the globalists are lining up behind Nikki. Ron DeSantis has tried to run as Trump-lite but it hasn't worked. He will go back to Florida soon and try to regroup.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24287 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A few months ago, I was an enthusiastic supporter (and defender) of DeSantis, but after all his clumsy bullshit and after seeing the kind of people he associated himself with online, I have nothing good to say about him except his tenure as governor.

I see his hangers-on saying stuff about 2028 but the truth is that DeSantis is now wrapping up his last campaign ever. He has no chance at being POTUS, ever.

https://twitter.com/alexbruese.../1748002722832421155

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

I have now noticed that DeSantis is referred to as "Rob" and did some research; apparently a Trump press release last year misspelled his name as Rob, and Trump has stuck with it ever since, annoying the DeSantis campaign. Cool

I'm done with DeSantis, he showed his true colors and then some. And yes, I too think he is likely finished with elected office, similar to Scott Walker, who has not held any elected position since he dropped out of the 2016 election.

posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of what DeSantis did as governor, but man, running against Trump was an epic bad decision. I just wanted him to concentrate on being a governor, wait 4 years, then maybe run.
I just don't understand how he thought that doing the bidding of anti-Trump, uni-party, establishment donors was the path to victory.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3576 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he has shit in his own bed and I doubt he will ever recover from the stench. Early on I would never guessed how stupid he has shown himself to be, what a pity he is.

Posts: 524 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I share all of your guys' general sentiments about DeSantis and what a monumental misreading and miscalculation it was for him to run for President this time around. He's shown particularly bad political instincts which I didn't think he had after watching how he governed Florida. It's a shame. And it may cause him permanent damage. Though I think that will depend on what he does in regards to backing Trump when he eventually does pull out because at this point he has absolutely no path whatsoever to the nomination. He must know that, or he is delusional.

Having said all that, I feel like I'm one of the last people here who still likes both Trump and DeSantis. In the end, he's still on our side, isn't he? After all, I felt the same exact way about Ted Cruz in 2016.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30582 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the end, he's still on our side, isn't he?

Given who he accepted as backers, I'm not really sure.

I wonder if he'll even remain successful governing FL at this point.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38887 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
After all, I felt the same exact way about Ted Cruz in 2016.

Comparing DeSantis to Cruz is apples and oranges.

Cruz's career never depended on Trump, he never needed Trump as a mentor. DeSantis' current career was built on Trump and MAGA, Trump was instrumental in getting him elected to the governorship. Like Noem, he should have stayed out of the race and supported his mentor, but instead chose to throw him under the bus in regards to Covid, Jan. 6th, etc. etc.

It is not only his poor judgment in running, it is betrayal of someone who helped him tremendously. It shows he doesn't have a loyal bone in his body, and would betray others down the road.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
DeSantis is reportedly moving the bulk of his campaign operations to South Carolina and stumping there this weekend, basically giving up on New Hampshire, where earlier polls had him in 4th place, after Trump, Haley, and Christie. DeSantis is currently polling far, far behind Trump and trailing Haley by a 14-15% points in SC. I guess he figures he needs a month to try to overtake Trump in SC

https://theconservativetreehou...arolina/#more-254939

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Apparently, DeSantis just said on FoxNews that when he drops out, he'll endorse Donald Trump and it seems the DeSantis faithful are now losing their shit.

https://twitter.com/joma_gc/st.../1748460783065780656

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Having said all that, I feel like I'm one of the last people here who still likes both Trump and DeSantis. In the end, he's still on our side, isn't he? After all, I felt the same exact way about Ted Cruz in 2016.

I think that's fair. He has been knocking it out of the park as Florida's governor, has made good staffing decisions within his Florida team, and I think he would make a very capable President at the right time.

With Trump in the race, it's not "the right time."

Posts: 2488 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Apparently, DeSantis just said on FoxNews that when he drops out, he'll endorse Donald Trump and it seems the DeSantis faithful are now losing their shit.

Same approx. time stamp

https://twitter.com/NewHampJou.../1748455156767662175

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The end is nigh

https://twitter.com/jsolomonRe.../1748560689831047597

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023