SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bogeyman:
quote:
All of these are not reported by the main stream media and the numbers that are shown they outpace the numbers of Covid deaths which are proven and admitted by even Fauci are embellished.

Do you have a citation for this assertion? The latest articles that I have read, including articles in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, say that Covid deaths have, in all likelihood, been UNDERreported. Many people die in nursing homes without getting a Covid test.

I'm not here to do you're research do you're own. Just a fyi Forbes and Wall Street Journal are not research institutions.
Eta: People have been dying in nursing homes for generations without a covid test. Harsh truth for you, that's where people go to die.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8553 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
The latest articles that I have read, including articles in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, say that Covid deaths have, in all likelihood, been UNDERreported.

You can't possibly believe that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
The latest articles that I have read, including articles in Forbes and the Wall Street Journal, say that Covid deaths have, in all likelihood, been UNDERreported.

You can't possibly believe that.

Whole heatedly I'm certain.

Posts: 8553 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Let's not forget that there are those who are A-symptomatic....carry the virous but are not affected. They can spread it to folks that have underlying conditions that would pretty much kill them if they got the virous.

It's not always about you.

Stay home

Posts: 13350 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not here to do you're research do you're own. Just a fyi Forbes and Wall Street Journal are not research institutions.

You are the one that made the assertions. Not me. It is up to you to back up your assertions with data.

Posts: 177 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are the one that made the assertions. Not me. It is up to you to back up your assertions with data.

Wear a mask for me, get vaccinated for me, do my research for me, you are responsible for me! Fuck you...

posted Hide Post
Why are you guys arguing with the bogeyman...
Doesn't everybody know he a fictionary character?

Might as well go beat your head up against the wall.

Posts: 10057 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
People aren't actually bothered by you not wearing a mask. If it was such a big deal they'd just stay away from you. They are bothered that you're disobedient. They are bothered that your free choices shines a light on their weakness.

Absolutely correct.

Posts: 17299 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the constitution.

In the immortal words of The Dude, that's like, your opinion, man.

You seem to have the notion that a corporation like Target can practically do whatever they want to their customers as long as that customer is on their property and wants to do business with them.

Like forcing some folks to eat out back and drink from separate water fountains. Maybe a transportation corp can make darkies fly in the back of the plane?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29772 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

"No shirts, no shirt, no service," has been a popular convention for ages. I don't understand why a business exercising a, "No mask, no entry," policy is so difficult to grasp. You don't have a Constitutional right to be on their property, and you're free to take your business elsewhere.

Are you ok with discrimating against handicapped people?

It's an honest question, since there are people who simply CAN NOT wear a face diaper.

Posts: 10057 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the constitution.

In the immortal words of The Dude, that's like, your opinion, man.

You seem to have the notion that a corporation like Target can practically do whatever they want to their customers as long as that customer is on their property and wants to do business with them.

Like forcing some folks to eat out back and drink from separate water fountains. Maybe a transportation corp can make darkies fly in the back of the plane?

Do your reading about the 14th amendment and incorporation, and then creating substantive rights out of procedural due process, and then having to classify certain businesses as quasi-public. In short, those decisions involved a lot of tormenting the words in the constitution and bill of rights to get the result the country wanted. Usually, we are against twisting the words to make them mean what someone wants them to mean. In other words, those decisions are logically suspect, and you shouldn't want to apply the same tortured logic to other situations. Had we been having these conversations in the '60s about the Civil Rights Act, I suspect we would have been against the way and logic by which they were applied, even you weren't in favor of racial discimination. And we would have been right to be so, because that sort of bad decision-making leads to continued bad decisions.

(Let me say that I support wholly the goal of eliminating Jim Crow. But the way we got there was, in my mind, logically and legally illegitimate. Those goals should have been achieved through other means, but since the lege wasn't ready to act then, the activists turned to the courts.)

And, even if you do accept the questionable logic behind the decisions that upheld the '60s civil rights legislation, it only applies to those suspect kinds of discrimination, like racial or gender based discrimination. It does not apply to groups who don't want to wear masks. To make that same logic apply to that sort of thing, you'd have to torture the constitution even more.

Next thing you know, you'll be believing in penumbras and emanations.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53134 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Walmart has had people removed for covering their faces, and has had people removed for not covering their faces.

Arrested for face covering. Arrested for not face covering.

Which is it? I believe this has also been the case at schools and in courtrooms. Seems like the rules can change from second to second.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15759 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:It's an honest question, since there are people who simply CAN NOT wear a face diaper.

Who? If there are any, aren't there medical exceptions for them?

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:It's an honest question, since there are people who simply CAN NOT wear a face diaper.

I have a medical exception, and I do not have to explain to anyone what my disability is. The maskholes who push the masks, cannot think 2" outside themselves and their limited understanding of the world as they see it from their vast perspective. All they see is shit, because their heads are firmly up either their own assets, or someone elses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13964 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Because it's against the law (in most places). That's the different between private property open to the public, and private property that is not. You can be as topless as you'd like inside your own home, but can't do that at Walmart, even if they give you permission to do so.

Toplessness and more specifically female toplessness is not illegal in most places. The laws vary widely throughout the country. The trend over the years has been to legalize female toplessness as long as it's not in a lewd & lascivious manner. That's partly why uncovered breastfeeding in public is legal practically nationwide (there's probably an exception somewhere if you look hard).

Now what if you're in a place w/ laws against female toplessness in public places. Can a woman be topless in a Walmart or similar private property open to the public if she has the store's permission? That's going to depend where it happens and the local laws, so I would say it's incorrect to say that's a hard no.

quote:
First, because many of these policies are the result of the government forcing the businesses to make them.

If you read my first post, I think we're in agreement here. I disagree w/ the govt mandating it under threat of law enforcement, but I believe property owners & proprietors should be able to set their own policies.

Right now we're at a point where most if not all places are no longer legally requiring businesses to require mask. It's being left up to the businesses themselves, so we're past the point of the government forcing them.

quote:
And what do you do when every business does this, where you have no other options? Can't go grocery shopping? Can't travel? Can't bank? You ok with that? You must jump through nonsense hoops to be able to live your life?

No other options? Confused That's a bit of hyperbole, don't you think? Delivery, curbside pick-up, online banking, ATMs... Are those that not available in St Charles, MO? Businesses have been bending over backwards to stay in business and accommodate Covid fears.

quote:
Second, because many businesses were having people arrested and trespassed for keeping their faces covered prior to this, and now all of a sudden demanding people cover their face. Which is it?
Is it that difficult to distinguish between pre & post Covid? Roll Eyes
Hint, is it before or after 3 Apr 2020?

And many businesses? Pre-Covid, the only businesses I knew that prohibited masks & sunglasses inside were banks.

quote:
Walmart has had people removed for covering their faces, and has had people removed for not covering their faces.

Arrested for face covering. Arrested for not face covering.

Which is it? I believe this has also been the case at schools and in courtrooms. Seems like the rules can change from second to second.

Please provide some of these examples of people being arrested for wearing protective masks during Covid times.

quote:
Many businesses ban guns on their premises as well, and most of us ignore it. I tend to do the same with masks. I've never had the flu. I've never had Covid. I've never worn a mask.

So you admit you don't respect other people's wishes on their property. I'm not sure that's something to be proud of. Is your office open to the public? How would you feel about some guy treading mud in there and farting up a storm while declaring he's exercising his Constitutional right to free passage?

quote:
Are you ok with discrimating against handicapped people?

It's an honest question, since there are people who simply CAN NOT wear a face diaper.

You're opening another can of beans there. For the .01% of people who have legitimate medical problems aggravated by wearing a mask, most places will go out of their way to accommodate them. But this is also something that's gone the way of the Emotional Support Animal, where suddenly thousands of people who refuse to wear a mask claim they have a medical issue.

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Why are you guys arguing with the bogeyman...
Doesn't everybody know he a fictionary character?

Might as well go beat your head up against the wall.

Yep,

Posts: 23708 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're opening another can of beans there. For the .01% of people who have legitimate medical problems aggravated by wearing a mask, most places will go out of their way to accommodate them. But this is also something that's gone the way of the Emotional Support Animal, where suddenly thousands of people who refuse to wear a mask claim they have a medical issue.

Amen.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:

I have a medical exception, and I do not have to explain to anyone what my disability is. The maskholes who push the masks, cannot think 2" outside themselves and their limited understanding of the world as they see it from their vast perspective. All they see is shit, because their heads are firmly up either their own assets, or someone elses.

So an actual MD/DO has told you that you cannot wear a mask, for even a brief period of time? Huh. I have heart disease, asthma and previously cancer and manage to do so without any trouble at all. You must be seriously messed up. Yet you seem so invested in condemning masks for anyone else.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’m guessing you pulled this 0.1% number out of thin air. Look up the rates of COPD in the US population and you’ll find the numbers vary from 3.6% (HI) to 13.5% (WV).
There really *ARE* thousands of people who shouldn’t/can’t wear a face diaper.

COPD

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3777 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bogeyman, enjoy your vaccine and STFU. What others do shouldn't concern you because you're vaccinated, right?

Remember, in chess the pawns go first. Good job taking a rushed to market vaccine without knowing what side effects and repercussions that may affect your life in the future. Clearly it doesn't cure fuckfaceitis or prevented the stick from going up your ass sideways. I believe a proctologist would be a good start, though you're on your own with the fuckfaceitis. No one cares that you went to law school. I do know you would have made a terrible attorney as your arguments lack substance and originality.

Posts: 834 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post