SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't Login/Join 
posted
Short story short-

The very same people who are pro mask and all about government enforcement of it are the same crowd that are pro-abortion "its my body, etc."

No hypocrisy there at all..

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
My Body, My Choice... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8959 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I don't think they would see that as hypocritical. They'd say, if you have Covid, you can spread it to other people. You wearing a mask if for other people.

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful not to over generalize. I am:

* pro mask
* anti-abortion
* pro CCW

Posts: 177 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget that there are those who are A-symptomatic....carry the virous but are not affected. They can spread it to folks that have underlying conditions that would pretty much kill them if they got the virous.

It's not always about you.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:

Tell that to the pro-abortion crowd.

Posts: 17220 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's not forget that there are those who are A-symptomatic....carry the virous but are not affected. They can spread it to folks that have underlying conditions that would pretty much kill them if they got the virous.

Those people who would be pretty much killed by this should then stay home and quarantine.

I was around in the 80s. The government was basically downplaying the danger of Aids, probably because it was associated with a certain lifestyle. There certainly wasn't daily updates on who had Aids, daily Aids death updates, or shaming people who engaged in behavior which spread it. Oh, and the death rate was 100% in those days. Nowadays, for the last year, if you step in your front yard without a mask, you are somehow anti-social and a people hater for a virus with a 0.7% mortality rate.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was also around in the 80’s. There was, in fact, a HUGE shaming and stigma against people with AIDS/HIV, since it was initially thought that only gay men were getting sick. That was the whole point of the Tom Hanks movie “Philadelphia”. Yes, the fatality rate was initially 100%, but it was far LESS transmissible.

If you (1) didn’t have sex with strangers or (2) failing that, used a condom, you were pretty much assured that you wouldn’t get it. Early on some did get AIDS/HIV from blood transfusions, but they soon had a test for it and the blood supply was once again safe.

The problem with this virus is that it is airborne. Much lower fatality rate but WAY MORE transmissible.

Posts: 177 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
While I think the OP has a point, I’m just waiting to see how far this thread makes it, before it turns into a complete shitshow of arguing about masks and complaining about Covid.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Let me pull the pin - Masks are not nothing but theatre in the same way that TSA is security theatre.

Do what you want, I am fervently in that camp - but do not ask me to play a role in your Kabuki theatre.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s pointless to try and reason someone out of a position they didn’t reason their way into.

As it relates to the topic at hand - I’m not suggesting either side is objectively wrong, I’m suggesting that we don’t know enough about the disease to say what is objectively right, especially at a society-wide level so a bit of grace and humility is probably called for.

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Let me pull the pin - Masks are not nothing but theatre in the same way that TSA is security theatre.

Do what you want, I am fervently in that camp - but do not ask me to play a role in your Kabuki theatre.

Ok. I am in complete agreement with you as context finally allowed decryption of your post. But as it is read:
"Masks are not nothing but theatre"
is about as clear as mud.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amen, brother.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
I am a church-goer & a believer too.... and one thing I have been totally unable to understand is how folks can go to church AND belong to a party that is openly in favor of abortion AND is openly (and proudly I might add) forcing all the rest of us to pay for this murder with our taxes. THAT, to me, is simply incomprehensible....

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Ok. I am in complete agreement with you as context finally allowed decryption of your post. But as it is read:
"Masks are not nothing but theatre"
is about as clear as mud.

OK - to make it simple…masks are BS and do nothing to help with covid.

Not for the reasons most think…masks in a surgical environment worn by medical pros, yep they help. Masks worn by the average Joe/Jolene below the nose or for 2 seconds before removing, nope.

All that - consider the masks when outdoors, or driving by yourself? Or many other scenarios…it is an edge case… in perfect conditions there may be something something positive…maybe. What we see is virtue signaling gone wild.

Is that a bit more clear?

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consistent logic isn't important when you just accept whatever mainstream propaganda spouts at you as gospel.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Difference: someone who has Covid can give it to someone else. Someone who's pregnant can't get someone else pregnant.

quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
Short story short-

The very same people who are pro mask and all about government enforcement of it are the same crowd that are pro-abortion "its my body, etc."

No hypocrisy there at all..

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

And that ridiculous face diaper you have draped across your pie hole isn't going to do a damn thing to protect you or them from anything.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Difference: someone who has Covid can give it to someone else. Someone who's pregnant can't get someone else pregnant.
But I thought I heard somewhere that men could get periods and become pregnant too. You know, that equality crap. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's very simple. If you're so afraid of my very breath, stay your ass home. You have no right to insist I wear a mask.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post