SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter made a point regarding pro-masks people/policies that I hadn't Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will go to church and shake hands with people.

Well, there’s certainly no political agenda or big money involved with religion. Right? Roll Eyes

Posts: 177 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You just disproved your own point. We have been using masks for over a year now, and yet we are told there are still all these positive cases every day. It doesn't seem like it's working all that well. How many years of usage does it take for the masks to finally start working? Two years? Three?

If you haven’t already done so, please read my post on Gibraltar. They are at 85% of adults fully vaccinated. The US is at 37% fully vaccinated. Nowhere near where we need to be to put this behind us. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and we recently went to see some good friends who are also fully vaccinated. We stayed for several hours without masks. No worries. But so many people are refusing to get the vaccine that others are at risk.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bogeyman:

If you haven’t already done so, please read my post on Gibraltar. They are at 85% of adults fully vaccinated. The US is at 37% fully vaccinated. Nowhere near where we need to be to put this behind us. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and we recently went to see some good friends who are also fully vaccinated. We stayed for several hours without masks. No worries. But so many people are refusing to get the vaccine that others are at risk.

What happened to herd immunity from people catching it Wink

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, there’s certainly no political agenda or big money involved with religion. Right? Roll Eyes

If you’re out to just act like a douche, it’s working.

We get it, you’ve got an agenda.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37128 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Can a business require that all of those who enter be topless?

Yes. Why not? Property rights are quite strong in the U.S.

If I call the cops because your wife (or you) is topless in my business, they will remove you because you are trespassing and I said I don't want you there. Not because of your lack of clothing. Anti-nudity laws apply to public spaces, like the sidewalk. To the extent any anti nudity laws purport to apply to my business place, they are unconstitutional.

I can throw you off my property for preaching if I like, despite the existence of the freedom of speech and religion. The bill of rights protects us against the government, not against each other.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53134 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, you certainly have your head up your ass. Talk about a non sequitur. Well done.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My only agenda is the pursuit of the truth. You said:

“Until there is no political and financial motivation in dealing with a virus that 99.9 percent of all people survive, you are simply tilting a windmills, at best in claiming anything as fact.”

Do you not think that there is money involved in organized religion? From the Pope to evangelical mega preachers like Joel Osteen? Have you read the recent articles about the private jets of these mega preachers? Have you ever been to the Vatican? I have. I would guess that there is more wealth stored in that one place than in some third world countries.

With all of that wealth in play, how can you trust what you are being told?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I am actually no longer even accepting of other people en masse wearing these filthy face coverings everywhere in public. In other words, I don't subscribe to this you do you, and I'll do me notion, not in this. I'm done with all of it. Everyone walking around in masks is weird. It is creepy. It is not normal. And it is not healthy for a society to continue living in this manner. STOP IT. People walking around outside, alone, and double masked should be ridiculed openly. We are doing great harm to ourselves the longer we normalize this capricious insanity.

If you are that person wearing a mask outside, I have nothing in common with you. I don't understand you. Take for example this person who I snapped a pic of last week at the Atlanta airport. Double masked with what almost looks like a fully encapsulated clear, plastic face shield.

This shit is CREEPY, and I can't comprehend it. I guarantee that this person has gotten the vaccine as well. This person is not well, and I don't mean from the wuflu.

The masks are not helping. They are harming us as a nation. STOP WEARING THE MASKS NOW.

For fucks sake. If I were wearing that contraption my anxiety would ratchet up to 11 and I'd be clawing my skin off like a dope fiend on a bad trip.

Let's just stop this right now before its to late (if it isn't all ready).

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

“Until there is no political and financial motivation in dealing with a virus that 99.9 percent of all people survive, you are simply tilting a windmills, at best in claiming anything as fact.”

Do you not think that there is money involved in organized religion? From the Pope to evangelical mega preachers like Joel Osteen? Have you read the recent articles about the private jets of these mega preachers? Have you ever been to the Vatican? I have. I would guess that there is more wealth stored in that one place than in some third world countries.

Me deciding to practice my Constitutional Rights to worship don’t have a fucking thing to do with church finances or agenda. As I said, if you’re out to act like a douche, it’s working.

It’s obvious that you are clueless, I don’t go to church for them to teach me anything. I go to church for my own reasons and it has nothing to do with jet airplanes or any of the of the other foolishness you brought up in your desperate attempt to defend a position that can’t be defended.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37128 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The bill of rights protects us against the government, not against each other.

Yes, it's so much more comforting when our way of life and freedoms are trodden on by private businesses instead of the government. This squishy shit is why conservatives are losing the culture war. We've acquiesced everything to these huge corporations on this misguided notion that just as long as it's not the huge federal government imposing these restrictions, all is well.

The federal government also exists to preserve our God given rights. I think Ron DeSantis had it right when he suggested that he doesn't think it's ok for these businesses to require vaccine passports for instance just so Americans can go about their day and do everyday things. Furthermore, he suggested that the state government may have to step in and prevent that from happening. Good. That is righteous and that is the proper use of his political power. It is nigh damn time that conservatives start wielding the political power that we have before we lose it, because the left sure as hell is not shy about wielding their political power. And they now wield that power through giant corporations while in league with the government.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30538 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s obvious that you are clueless, I don’t go to church for them to teach me anything.

That speaks volumes. If you already have all of the answers, then why do you need to go to church?

Now, please realize that I couldn’t care less why you go to church, or if you go at all. I am asking why you believe that, given the big money involved, you think that the CDC, the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, et al, are lying, but that your church is telling you the truth? What criteria do you use to discern what is real and what is BS?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The bill of rights protects us against the government, not against each other.

Yes, it's so much more comforting when our way of life and freedoms are trodden on by private businesses instead of the government. This squishy shit is why conservatives are losing the culture war. We've acquiesced everything to these huge corporations on this misguided notion that just as long as it's not the huge federal government imposing these restrictions, all is well.

The federal government also exists to preserve our God given rights. I think Ron DeSantis had it right when he suggested that he doesn't think it's ok for these businesses to require vaccine passports for instance just so Americans can go about their day and do everyday things. Furthermore, he suggested that the state government may have to step in and prevent that from happening. Good. That is righteous and that is the proper use of his political power. It is nigh damn time that conservatives start wielding the political power that we have before we lose it, because the left sure as hell is not shy about wielding their political power. And they now wield that power through giant corporations while in league with the government.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the constitution. Whether it is me in my living room, or Target in its store, we generally have the right to control who uses our property and under what conditions.

As an example, here is the text of the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress is limited. Not me. Not you. Not Target. Do you advocate forcing you to allow a mullah chanting prayers on your front lawn? Why is Target any different?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53134 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
That speaks volumes. If you already have all of the answers, then why do you need to go to church?

Your ignorance in this regard is quite profound. Wow.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your ignorance in this regard is quite profound. Wow.

You can see at this point he’s just trolling. If you look up his history, he’s trolling any thread that has to do with COVID.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the constitution.

In the immortal words of The Dude, that's like, your opinion, man.

You seem to have the notion that a corporation like Target can practically do whatever they want to their customers as long as that customer is on their property and wants to do business with them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
You can see at this point he’s just trolling. If you look up his history, he’s trolling any thread that has to do with COVID

You can call me a troll. No worries. This is a discussion board and you may say what you wish (as long as it’s not prohibited by the terms of service). But you still have not answered my question. What criteria do you use to distinguish data that is real from BS?

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
terms of service
You mean "the waiver"? Cool

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6241 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

WTF...Why are you attacking religion?

Religion has absolutely NOTHING to do with this, unless you take into account that the Gov't is Restricting and/or Prohibiting the 'Free Exercise Thereof'! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9044 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

Can a business require that all of those who enter be topless?

Yes. Why not? Property rights are quite strong in the U.S.

If I call the cops because your wife (or you) is topless in my business, they will remove you because you are trespassing and I said I don't want you there. Not because of your lack of clothing. Anti-nudity laws apply to public spaces, like the sidewalk. To the extent any anti nudity laws purport to apply to my business place, they are unconstitutional.

I can throw you off my property for preaching if I like, despite the existence of the freedom of speech and religion. The bill of rights protects us against the government, not against each other.

I've been to buildings that prohibit the wearing of hats indoors and enforce it very strictly.
I've been to restaurants, studios, & dojos that require everyone to remove their shoes upon entering.
I've been to gyms w/ big signs that read, "No cleats. Only shoes w/ non-marking outsoles," to protect their floors.

"No shirts, no shirt, no service," has been a popular convention for ages. I don't understand why a business exercising a, "No mask, no entry," policy is so difficult to grasp. You don't have a Constitutional right to be on their property, and you're free to take your business elsewhere.

Posts: 3201 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
What criteria do you use to distinguish data that is real from BS?

First and Foremost, it needs to pass the sniff test. Much of what's been imposed MAKES NO SENSE, just from a Pure Logic standpoint!

Stated another way, I know Bullshit when I see it! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9044 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post