SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No significant alcohol or "drugs" since March 15. I'm in the middle of proving a point.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No significant alcohol or "drugs" since March 15. I'm in the middle of proving a point. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
First things first.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
My power was off for awhile and did not finish what I wanted to say. Obviously AA and treatment for AUD is in order. I suggested it as an addition. Insomnia does not automatically clear up after detox and alcohol rehab.

Posts: 17317 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
My power was off for awhile and did not finish what I wanted to say.
You gettin' that storm, man?

Posts: 107913 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not yet. Major outage though. Stoplights too. That is when you know it is bad. High wind warning with gusts to 50 are possible. The worst is supposed to be after 5 CDT.

Posts: 17317 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I suspect this is why he’s getting resistance from his doctor(s) about keeping him on insulin.

My doctor has been moved out of network. He was my 25th PCP. He doesn't mind me taking insulin, he just want's to get paid

I don't usually drink an entire Bota Box, but I can. That happened when I went hiking, tripped and landed on logging debris. There was a surgery to remove the debris, but surgeon stitched up debris into me. I called and told the surgeon's nurse / medical assistant that something was wrong, and it hurt very much. I was told that was normal after surgery, and I couldn't have any pain medication, so I went to the wine. Then I had another surgery 10 days later to remove the rest of the debris. She then offered me pain medication, but I declined.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
As SIGnified mentioned, I cannot go 30 days without drinking; the reason being I get to desperate for sleep after 3 or so days without that I give in and buy another bottle. I realize this is not a valid reason, but that's the excuse (reason?) that I've used for the past 2 or so years.

quote:
The big lie, one of them is under its influence you will reason it’s ok to wait to get help. The reasons are legion but the results are the same. The old “monkey” on your back says it’s ok this time, wait a short while.

Yeah... there's always a good reason NOT to get help and get with the program...

But the longer you wait the worse it is.
Good luck to both bronicabill and rh.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24204 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
<<snip>>
Yeah... there's always a good reason NOT to get help and get with the program...

But the longer you wait the worse it is.
Good luck to both bronicabill and rh.

No doubt! Since I'm already fessing up to my problem publicly (the 1st step in my opinion), I can assure you that I will be very wary of any and all urges to get drunk again... but the hips are mandatory also. My intention is to tackle the alcohol issue between the two surgeries (my surgeon will not do them any closer than 90 days apart for some reason).

Since this has been going on for several years already and is somewhat controllable by sheer willpower, I'm reasonably sure a few more weeks or so isn't going to kill me! I mean, if I can stop cold-turkey and the worst symptoms are shaking, sweating, and muscle weakness (only had the heart palpitations once after several days straight of serious drunkenness), I do not consider it an emergency situation at this time. Urgent??? Damned straight, but not imminent death type of a problem!

Edit to add: "rh" mentioned in an earlier post about not being able to walk. A time or two when I'd been hitting the bottle extremely heavily, I did experience muscle failure in both my arms and legs; extreme difficulty walking and occasional collapsing in the floor, and uncontrollable muscle movements in my arms and hands to the point I couldn't hold onto anything without throwing it or dropping it! This may be what he was experiencing also!

Posts: 4645 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:
I suspect this is why he’s getting resistance from his doctor(s) about keeping him on insulin.

My doctor has been...

No. The only thing I want or care to hear from you is "Help me get on a plane, I've talked to VictimNoMore, and there's a bed waiting for me at ____ Recovery Center." Otherwise, we have nothing to talk about. Also, your window for that offer is closing. I'm moving to Arizona in about ninety days, and as that day approaches, the less free time to drive all over the Puget Sound I will have.

quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
My first priority at this moment is getting this hip healed up, and then the other hip will be done in June. During that time I fully intend to tackle this alcohol problem!

Deal with what's killing you first. The hip won't kill you. Lack of sleep won't kill you. The bottle will kill you. You have a computer, there's Zoom meetings. You can do meetings and PT. I'll email you the nightly meeting I go to. Now you have no excuses. I'll see you there tonight.

* Edit - You have email now with all the information you need to connect to a nightly Zoom meeting, sitting right where you're sitting now when you read these words. You don't have to go anywhere or do anything first. Just install Zoom, tpye in the numbers I gave you, connect at 7PM PST, and listen. If that time doesn't work for you, here's a list of meetings at all times of the day, from all over the world.

https://aa-intergroup.org/meetings

We've made it all very possible for absolutely everyone in the world to get to a meeting. There is now no "I gotta ____ first." If I didn't make it entirely clear in my prior posts, I was always just about to quit, too. I was mere months from total liver failure the way I was "maintenance drinking" and maybe only truly a few good bonzai benders away from the grave.

Posts: 17285 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
RH, this is a tough thread to read and watch. I wonder, besides all this pills and booze stuff, what do you like to do.

I enjoyed working outside burning slash piles, planting trees, hiking, and climbing mountain. I can't do that anymore because went wrong with my legs, not related to alcohol or drugs. My doctor in King County ordered a muscle biopsy of a leg 4 years ago or so, and that should have told what the problem is.

quote:

When is the last time you went shooting or to a movie or anything. Tell me something about you that we don't know that you would like us to know.

The last time that I went shooting was in my back yard, was with a 10mm Kimber Eclipse II, but people complained.

I am a retired computer scientist and mathematician. The last software that I wrote was my own password manager. I am a securities trader, but this is a tricky market, so I am just watching.

Thank you for your questions.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26757 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:

No. The only thing I want or care to hear from you is "Help me get on a plane, I've talked to VictimNoMore, and there's a bed waiting for me at ____ Recovery Center." Otherwise, we have nothing to talk about. Also, your window for that offer is closing. I'm moving to Arizona in about ninety days, and as that day approaches, the less free time to drive all over the Puget Sound I will have.

I'd like to talk with you more since you roughly know where I am at, but if you don't want to talk with me...

As for getting on a plane, I just can't walk. I haven't driven to a doctor's appointment since 2017. And that's when I started needing wheelchair assistance in an airport.

VictimNoMore: Your offer is unusually generous, but if I were able to get on a plane, I'd want to go see my step-father and mother in Texas. But remember that my health insurance only works at selected facilities in Washington, so I can't even see my parents. I flew to Texas the 1st year of Obamacare for healthcare, but my grandmother fell and broke her hip (again), went into a hospital and then hospice. I had fallen in the shower there, and damaged a nerve in my shoulder which caused a condition called "wrist drop". So I got to see my grandmother die, and then I had to fly back with my left wrist paralyzed for 3 months while I was driving around King County and Tacoma.

Given that I have undiagnosed medical problems, I thought that a good idea would be to send a message to a neurologist at UW medicine in Seattle and ask for help. They should be able to handle me. And they have a guest house that I can stay at. Oh, but it's Seattle.

posted Hide Post
There must be resources in the Seattle area. County health? I have nothing else to add, but best of luck man.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Jesus Christ.

I've never seen someone throw up more barriers to receiving help that's desperately needed than this guy.

He's got an entire book of excuses for not accepting help to the point that he lives for the excuses.

Nothing can be said or done it's obvious getting better was never the intention.

Posts: 4106 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
I'd like to talk with you more since you roughly know where I am at, but if you don't want to talk with me...

No, I don't want to talk, because I could hardly get a word in edgewise with you, and what I did, you didn't hear. You want someone to listen to you, and I don't want to do that.

quote:
Originally posted by rh:
As for getting on a plane, I just have a whole bunch of excuses and don't really want to do it. I won't come out and say that, but really, I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to take the help being offered. I'd love to complain about all my problems over the phone to anyone willing to listen, though. Sure do appreciate a phone call.

Got it.

quote:
Originally posted by rh:
Given that I have undiagnosed medical problems, I thought that a good idea would be to send a message to a neurologist at UW medicine in Seattle and ask for help. They should be able to handle me. And they have a guest house that I can stay at. Oh, but it's Seattle.

I think you have undiagnosed mental problems. This post of yours gives me pause. I'm not looking to get Chris Kyled. Good luck, Randy. I wish you well, but I think it's best for me that I don't try to help you.

Posts: 17285 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:

VictimNoMore: Your offer is unusually generous, but

www.recoverypointwv.org

That’s the place. I am a program graduate, 2012.
I lived there for 7 months, 10 days. Worked in their administration for four years.

All peer-to-peer, no clinicians. Every person there including staff is a person in long term recovery from addiction/alcoholism.
The real deal. No pampering or coddling.

The medical things (including detox) will be handled at a hospital, prior to entering the program.

Click, and read up.

Posts: 3814 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Not yet. Major outage though. Stoplights too. That is when you know it is bad. High wind warning with gusts to 50 are possible. The worst is supposed to be after 5 CDT.

ZS, I just saw this post and your comments about a storm. You wouldn't happen to be in my neck of the woods in DFW, would you?

Posts: 4514 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:

As for getting on a plane, I just can't walk. I haven't driven to a doctor's appointment since 2017. And that's when I started needing wheelchair assistance in an airport.

VictimNoMore: Your offer is unusually generous, but if I were able to get on a plane, I'd want to go see my step-father and mother in Texas. But remember that my health insurance only works at selected facilities in Washington, so I can't even see my parents. I flew to Texas the 1st year of Obamacare for healthcare, but my grandmother fell and broke her hip (again), went into a hospital and then hospice. I had fallen in the shower there, and damaged a nerve in my shoulder which caused a condition called "wrist drop". So I got to see my grandmother die, and then I had to fly back with my left wrist paralyzed for 3 months while I was driving around King County and Tacoma.

Randy, this is insane. You want to go se mom and dad? I doubt they want to see you when you’re shitfaced all the time. Flashlightboy is right. You have so many excuses, you’re living for them. I know where you are, and I know the PNW well. You act as if you’re a million miles away. Seattle isn’t that far from Humptulips.
To address some of your comments, the natives don’t hate the white folks. I knows. Quite a few, specifically a few that live in Humptulips. I’ll tell you what they don’t like… shitfaced alcoholics that are a detriment to their community.
I squally try to be pretty nice on this forum and not act like an asshole. You’re just fucking nuts from the bottle and need to shut the fuck up and get some help.
While I hope the best for you, I doubt I’ll open this train wreck, dumpster fire you have going.
The sympathy for you is more dead than your liver. You make all these excuses about your legs, etc. The last time I was on a plane, there was someone who used a wheelchair. Hell, you can booze it up on the flight, but for the sake of your life, get some fucking help man.
I wish you the best, and may God bless you with enough smarts to take up the offers for help.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:

www.recoverypointwv.org

That’s the place. I am a program graduate, 2012.
I lived there for 7 months, 10 days. Worked in their administration for four years.

I'll take your word for it that's a good place to go. However, my insurance problem is very bad - my insurance company is denying medical claims and told me that my options my are to sue them or file a complaint with the insurance commissioner while my insurance company take $1,100 monthly from the Federal Government and me.

If you or a fellow member would talk to me again, I'd like to explain a non-medical problem that should not be discussed publicly. Nothing illegal, just sensitive and relevant. It would be foolish to post the problem. You're probably asleep now, but feel free to call me. My email is up. I'm very tired now, but can use all of the help and friends that I can get.

(Sorry that I am so slow to type. My fingertips are numb for some reason, which was not relieved by neck surgery.)

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
I'll take your word for it that's a good place to go. However, my insurance problem...

If you had bothered to even look at the website before you started whipping out the excuses, you would have read:

quote:

Recovery Point West Virginia (RPWV) offers several programs of recovery services to individuals with substance use disorder at no cost to participants.

Shit, he posted this in the first place:

quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Say you want it, and be willing to go to any length to get it. Surrender.
Do that, and I can offer you a program right here in West Virginia. Right now. No cost.

You flat don't listen. It's like talking to the television. There's absolutely no conversation happening here, you're just repeating the same stuff over and over again.

So now that this treatment center is free and wheelchairs exist, let's go back to your urinary problems and how that prevents you from going for treatment. Maybe the mystery problem is the trump card you've been holding back. You told me you don't shoot dope over the phone, did you change your mind on that one?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

I don't consider myself a big drinker but this whole thread has got me looking into medical conditions caused by alcohol. I was averaging 20-30 beers a week but last week I've had 2 and this week I've had 0.

To the OP I hope you get help. Stop making excuses, stop with the victim mentality and find a way to get to that clinic. Figure out what the next step is, get it done and repeat until you get there. Winners find a way to overcome obstacles, losers accept their fate and twist in the wind. Good luck.

Posts: 834 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Other than acting as a resource for others who may be in a similar situation, this thread became worthless back on P2. The OP is just trolling for sympathy and validation, not help.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post