SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No significant alcohol or "drugs" since March 15. I'm in the middle of proving a point.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No significant alcohol or "drugs" since March 15. I'm in the middle of proving a point. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
What a fucking "pity party".
You mind your manners. Be nice to my guests.

Posts: 107930 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nah, keep praying for, and wishing the guy strength… to not hit rock bottom and be willing to accept that his way is killing him. Maybe a novel approach is what’s needed here.

I can’t read any more of this. RH, if you want that ride to Seatac to take Victimnomore’s offer, call me.

Posts: 17289 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
RH, this is a tough thread to read and watch. I wonder, besides all this pills and booze stuff, what do you like to do.

When is the last time you went shooting or to a movie or anything. Tell me something about you that we don't know that you would like us to know.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5138 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Nah, keep praying for, and wishing the guy strength… to not hit rock bottom and be willing to accept that his way is killing him. Maybe a novel approach is what’s needed here.

I can’t read any more of this. RH, if you want that ride to Seatac to take Victimnomore’s offer, call me.

If help is needed in buying the airfare to West Virginia, I'll write P220 Smudge a check for part of it. I can't afford the whole thing, but I don't want to watch a man die for want of airfare.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12811 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I’m 100% in with some of the costs if $ is the only obstacle. I’ve had too many friends and family lose this battle.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3617 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The Cesspool may stink, but it’s warm.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26757 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
What else am I supposed to do?

Say you want it, and be willing to go to any length to get it. Surrender.
Do that, and I can offer you a program right here in West Virginia. Right now. No cost.

RH, this is God offering you a second chance here and now. All you have to do is accept the help offered. To do that you must admit you are powerless over alcohol - that your life has become unmanageable.

I promise if you do that, your life will change for the better. What have you got to lose?

Posts: 1831 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Here’s to hoping he can summon the strength to accept this help……clawing your way out of this hole is really your best option Rh…just do it

Posts: 3122 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Guys. Enough with the strength. More strength is not what he needs. I know you’re trying to help, but come on.

Posts: 17289 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I’m willing to chip in some $$ to get Rh to Virginia, but only to P220 or victimnomore, a responsible person who will use it as intended.

Posts: 2788 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

[https://youtu.be/ZS95ZWq1Ais

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26757 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Maybe light your face on fire while freebasing coke?

Posts: 17320 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
This is for those who don’t know many successfully recovered addict/alcoholics.

It is amazing what happens when you get sober, find God and raise a family. I used to not be able to stand this guy (Russell Brand), but he sure has changed and come full circle to be a valuable contributor to our society today, even though his politics are not mine.

https://youtu.be/AGELqqSx_TU

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
You’d probably be surprised how much you agre with Brand after watching his YouTube vidoes.

I’m also in to donate a few hundred through 220.

Been close enough to the edge myself to realize it’s a long fall.

Thankfully I stepped back.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I'm in to donate if he chooses to accept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5919 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’ll put $50 in on the plane ticket if he accepts the offer.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4039 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I'll contribute $100 as well. I am lucky to have lived through my totally reckless 20's somehow not in jail or dead.

@P220 Smudge let me know how to send if/when the time comes.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1741 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I'll contribute $100 as well. I am lucky to have lived through my totally reckless 20's somehow not in jail or dead.

@P220 Smudge let me know how to send if/when the time comes.

Same here, I'm in.

Posts: 3253 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
He hasn't checked in here since Tuesday evening. Anyone hear from him?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5489 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had an uncle who was like this. When he was sober, he was an amazing man but this demon of alcohol addiction completely possessed him.

When he was found deceased with numerous bottles of alcohol and sleeping pills around him we all were saddened but hardly surprised, we all tried our damndest to help him but he couldn't or wouldn't help himself. Frown

Posts: 33984 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post