SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
There's still a chance Paul enjoyed violent foreplay and had a rape fantasy he wanted this man to fulfill. We can't 100% rule that out since no straight man would marry Nancy Pelosi. I find it very suspicious that his pants were missing and the two men were holding hands when they came to the door.
Oh my God. Holding hands? They were struggling over a hammer.

I'll tell you this, guys- After having made my position on the direction of discussion very clear and after having said that we must be honest and objective based upon the evidence at hand- if some of you wish to still pursue these ridiculous fantasies, I'm going to start handing out suspensions.

Stop trying to make this into something it's not. It is utterly ridiculous for you to say that Nancy Pelosi's husband must be gay because no one would want to marry her.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
He was holding the hammer, not his hand

I really want to believe Paul was in on this but you're right.

Posts: 644 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No shit

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t see them holding hands. Pelosi was holding onto the hammer and trying to control it which makes perfect sense if you’re concerned about what he might do with it—and then did with it. The intruder apparently had both hands on the hammer at the beginning, then moved his left hand to Pelosi’s forearm before letting go with the left hand entirely.

But as a commentator in a Scientific American article pointed out many years ago, “Believing is seeing.”

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47720 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Video and audio were unclear, Paul's safe word was Nancy?

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
That might be the most confusing / weird interaction that I’ve ever seen.

What in the actual hell was that? So many questions.

Posts: 5085 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stop trying to make this into something it's not. It is utterly ridiculous for you to say that Nancy Pelosi's husband must be gay because no one would want to marry her.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They have been married a long time. Nancy was attractive back in the day.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pelosi is in his underwear, sure looks like it was a gay get together that went wrong. No way that is a break in. If Pelosi had been sleeping, he might have his underwear on but would not have a drink.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Pelosi is in his underwear, sure looks like it was a gay get together that went wrong. No way that is a break in. If Pelosi had been sleeping, he might have his underwear on but would not have a drink.
Moderated Status, seven days.

Reading is fundamental

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This gonna get locked. Enough armchair psychoanalysis.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
At this point, the only thing that continues to piss me off, is how the press pushed the MAGA republican attacker angle. And that is ALL on the a-holes in the press.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Uhhh…you didn’t see the CCTV footage yet of him hammering the handle off the back door and letting himself in, did you. It’s out there now.

No, I did not. I thought he was let in. Sorry.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t overanalyzed the video by watching dozens of times but it sure looks like a break in to me. However I do have one question. Why didn’t Pelosi let go of the hammer and run straight to the police officers crying “HELP ME!” As soon as the door was opened?

Posts: 377 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The only thing I don’t get at this point is why was this footage blocked for so long?

All of this conspiracy theory about it being some sort of a gay romp gone wrong would have been instantly put to bed like the very next day.

Maybe it was the Capitol Police who fought to block this? After all, they look completely incompetent here in all this. Weren’t they supposed to be watching that house at all times?

I could have sworn I read early on that it was the Capital Police whose responsibility it was to monitor the security camera system, and to protect the Pelosi residence including anyone in it.

Isn’t Nancy Pelosi in charge of them?

And they want to expand their size and powers and establish offices in every major city? Right, how about you figure out how to be competent at your basic roles first? Roll Eyes

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could have sworn I read early on that it was the Capital Police whose responsibility it was to monitor the security camera system, and to protect the Pelosi residence including anyone in it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I believe you are correct. Secret service protection for the third in line should be standard. This is a BIG fail for the capitol police.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Maybe it was the Capitol Police who fought to block this? After all, they look completely incompetent here in all this. Weren’t they supposed to be watching that house at all times?

Isn’t Nancy Pelosi in charge of them?

And they want to expand their size and powers and establish offices in every major city? Right, how about you figure out how to be competent at your basic roles first? Roll Eyes
A lot of security companies block video release for various reasons, including not wanting people to see all the camera angles and blind spots. Still, I don't get why it was a big deal to block the police BWC's...

Seems like about 2 weeks after the attack the Capitol Police made a statement something like, yeah, we don't monitor cameras when the principle isn't at a location, could probably find a link if I was inclined to look.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That video was not what I was expecting. Clearly there was a break in. No invite unless there was an invite and then Pelosi changed his mind. As to why Pelosi was holding a drink (that some assume was an alcoholic but could have as easily been 7-UP) is a bit strange, and his expression when the police opened the door is unreadable to me. Fear? I don't know, but clearly Pelosi was attacked and he was trying to prevent it as best he could. There's surely more to the story. We'll just have to hope it all eventually comes out without intervention.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am with Para on all this. Everyone has been lied to so much from all directions, it has thrown off our BS detectors. Out of this whole thing listening to the 911 call was hard to get through. It was a real live "WTF, Seriously?" moment.

Everyone is so wanting to see the bad guy behind everything pulling the strings and playing "4D chess". You know, sometimes it's just a bunch of stupid monkeys trying to play checkers.

No offense meant Sig Monkey. Big Grin

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1141 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
Why didn’t Pelosi let go of the hammer and run straight to the police officers crying “HELP ME!” As soon as the door was opened?

Because he was in a high stress situation and not thinking completely rationally. Or he thought he could reason with the assailant and de-escalate the situation. Or he didn't want to potentially exacerbate an already tense scene. There are any number of possible explanations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pelosi didn't want to let go of the hammer. You can see what happened the instant he no longer had a hand on that hammer. If he had run towards the officers, he might have gotten struck in the back of the head. He's an old guy, and most old guys are not fast.