SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More LGBTQ insanity.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More LGBTQ insanity. Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, Gentlefolk, call me stoopid if you like.

Will somebody please explain 'unpreferred gender pronoun'.

To me, as a person to whom English came quite later on in childhood, I really do NOT understand what it signifies.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Mentally ill people are piloting the ship; why the hell are we allowing a tiny fraction of the population dictate what our children are exposed to? We need a National if not global pushback.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North Face outdoors kicks off Summer of Pride with a video

Posts: 12684 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Weimar problems require Weimar solutions.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
North Face is beyond insane with that crap video

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Moral decay. Cultural rot. The foundation is gone and it is just a short matter of time before the whole thing comes crumbling down.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I used to be something of a camping hobbyist--for lack of a better word. The North Face used to be The Real Deal in outdoor gear. My tent, which I still have, is a TNF mountain-expedition-grade, three-man tent--with a tub floor (which, I found out, holds water quite nicely), snow doors and everything.

I probably have other TNF gear.

The point is: Coming from such a background I find myself asking: Just what does TNF think they're selling, in that advert, and to whom? Because, were I in the market for serious outdoor gear: That wouldn't get my business.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I used to be something of a camping hobbyist--for lack of a better word. The North Face used to be The Real Deal in outdoor gear. My tent, which I still have, is a TNF mountain-expedition-grade, three-man tent--with a tub floor (which, I found out, holds water quite nicely), snow doors and everything.

I probably have other TNF gear.

The point is: Coming from such a background I find myself asking: Just what does TNF think they're selling, in that advert, and to whom? Because, were I in the market for serious outdoor gear: That wouldn't get my business.

I don't think they're the same TNF. All of their coats have been SHIT for the last few years. They're nothing like their old self and probably outsourcing all of their work to China/Vietnam.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TNF has oriented itself toward "Outdoor Fashion" rather than expedition grade products for years/decades.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Why is it so important to celebrate pride? I’ve never seen a similar focus for heterosexuality.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Pure virtue signaling because all your crap is made from petroleum-based hydrocarbons.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
If you use pure logic none of what they are doing makes any sense because they are pandering to less than 3% of the population and a small percentage of idiots who support the 3%.
I have to wonder if corporations who are so outwardly advertising this crap at their own peril aren't getting some under the table kickback from some hidden entity?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, all the militancy indicates deep insecurity. It's just like when we keep getting told how wonderful, independent and powerful are women. It seems to me if the people who are constantly pushing this narrative actually believed the things they are saying, there really wouldn't be any need to say them, as these things would be self-evident. Instead, they try incessantly to convince themselves these things are true, and that is what they are doing- trying to convince themselves, not us.

As for the "pride" shit- I suppose it would come as a deep shock to these people that the rest of us don't give a shit who they like to fuck. It's just as Dr. Ruth Westheimer said many years ago- as long as no children are involved and no one is getting hurt, the sky's the limit.

The problem with that POV these days is, of course, there are people and groups which are attempting to brainwash kids, and that is where we draw the line.

Aside from that, I don't give a fuck about the manifestations of their rampant, glaring sexual insecurities. Quite frankly, their narcissism bores the shit out of me.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
North Face is beyond insane with that crap video
Stopped buying their crap long ago, thank god.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
A dude in a dress is still a dude, a girl in a man’s work suit is still a girl; lop off, add on whatever you feel like, but leave little kids out of your agenda; when they become adults show them whatever they want to see. North Face and all the other pandering businesses when you hit rock bottom and can’t figure why, think about that silent majority you annoyed with the this LGBTQXYZ 73 gender bullshit when you’re filing for bankruptcy and the woke trans crowd, are sipping their lattes and discussing 13th century transgendered inequalities at Starbucks.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't been a fan for years but I'm officially out now.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
North Face outdoors kicks off Summer of Pride with a video

[FLASH_VIDEO]snip[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I can honestly say I don't own ANYTHING from North Face...guess I won't start now. I prefer Columbia cold-weather wear/gear anyway. Not that they might be any less woke...I dunno.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The last North Face product I bought was the lightweight water-resistant gloves you see here with my first G20, and that was 18 years ago. NF will just have to muddle along wthout me.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

This^^^

I don't get it. I guess they figure that the gay community and the virtue signalers will outweigh the normies and the people that don't care. Problem is a large number of people are reacting to the indoctrinating of their kids, they aren't happy with that. What's wrong with waiting til 4th grade to talk about sexual lifestyles?

I don't give two shits if you want to fuck another dude, a person dressed as a stuffed animal, or a watermelon. Have fun, enjoy the rights this country affords you and leave the kids out of it.

It's all fake as shit anyways. The democrats don't really support as wholeheartedly as they appear to. They are just using the community to pander for votes. This is the party of Barak Obama and Bill Clinton as of recent, both strongly against gay marriage. Barack changed his tune once in office only to secure a second term. Get him on the golf course with a few beers in him, you'll find out what he really thinks. Same for every single democrat that came before Clinton, all were against the community. PDJT was the first president in history to be elected as a pro gay marriage president. Same goes for the board of directors of TNF, get them on a corporate retreat smoking cigars and drinking whiskey, I bet they have a few gay jokes up their sleeves or something to say about one of their flamboyant employees.

I wish we could all have some common sense here. The gay community is no longer disadvantaged, get over yourselves. No one really cares about you being gay, they may prefer you show some restraint about talking about it. My compliant against the left is confusing/indoctrinating kids at a young age and shoehorning gayness into everything. I don't talk to strangers about my sex life, why is it appropriate for that community to do so?

If being gay is so damn awesome, why does it need such a large marketing campaign?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post