SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More LGBTQ insanity.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More LGBTQ insanity. Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Skins2881,

If I had made remarks #3 or 4 at several places I’ve worked that would have resulted in a trip to HR.

For someone as educated as she is she shows a lack of common sense.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8380 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Not hung or hanged; except for repeat offenders.
First offense --Publicly given 10 lashes and than tared and feathered.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I was taught that pictures were "hung" and people were "hanged". Tiny point--think of it as the "broken windows" indicator in English.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Court: Making Girls Wear Skirts To Private School Is ‘Harmful’

https://dailycaller.com/2022/0...-dress-code-harmful/

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Richmond, Virginia ruled Tuesday that a charter school violated its female student’s constitutional rights by making them wear skirts to school.

In a 10-6 ruling, the court said that the North Carolina school’s rule, “blatantly perpetuates harmful gender stereotypes.”

The ruling asserted that Charter Day School, “has imposed the skirts requirement with the express purpose of telegraphing to children that girls are ‘fragile,’ require protection by boys and warrant different treatment than male students, stereotypes with potentially devastating consequences for young girls.”

“Of course, the skirts requirement is merely one component of CDS’ imposition of ‘traditional gender roles’ on its young students,” the decision read. Mentioning that the school refers to girls as “fragile” the court wrote that, “Considering this jaw-dropping assessment of girls’ capabilities, we may never know the full scope or all the consequences of CDS’ blatant, unapologetic discrimination against its female students.”

“But the skirts requirement, harmless as it may seem to the defendants, requires only a pull of the thread to unravel the lifelong social consequences of gender discrimination. In 2022, there is no conceivable basis for allowing such obstacles to girls’ progress in our public schools,” the court concluded.

Posts: 13072 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe charter schools are private school as charter schools are publicly funded. Yet another BS headline designed to get people’s undies in an uproar and generate clicks. The last sentence of the article even states the court believes the school is public.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah I agree.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Court: Making Girls Wear Skirts To Private School Is ‘Harmful’
At this point, were I the school, I'd:
  1. Close my doors and
  2. Inform all former attendees' families why I was closing my doors, in detail

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm tellin' ya, man- some of these sadists need to be strung up. Thirteen feet of good hemp rope and a stout limb!
I'll get in line to buy the rope! (Someone else will have to provide the limb.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the U.S. Navy. Not a parody

https://www.dvidshub.net/video...1/navspeaks-pronouns

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Don’t tell me what to say.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
From the U.S. Navy. Not a parody

https://www.dvidshub.net/video...1/navspeaks-pronouns

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="450" src="https://www.dvidshub.net/video/embed/844401" width="800"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Total insanity. Self destruction of our culture. I know the right answer: do not comply with their insistence I participate in their fantasy. But like the COVID insanity, when your livelihood is at stake it becomes very difficult.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/libsoftikt...and-bdsm-for-kids%2F

posted Hide Post
Neither one of those people are in the Navy. I see the little navspeaks (no idea what that is) and navsea symbols but that video feels more little an indie effort than an actual Navy video.

It’s still wildly idiotic. “Don’t pressure anyone for their pronouns”. Nobody gives a shit. I’m not stopping using “hey guys”. It’s all nonsense.

That wasn’t what I would characterize as a “Navy” film. More like a civilian employee of the Navy used their time and resources as their own platform. (yes it says USNavy video in the caption but I get the feeling there are a lot of things in that vault with little actual oversight)

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Neither one of those people are in the Navy. I see the little navspeaks (no idea what that is) and navsea symbols but that video feels more little an indie effort than an actual Navy video.

It’s still wildly idiotic. “Don’t pressure anyone for their pronouns”. Nobody gives a shit. I’m not stopping using “hey guys”. It’s all nonsense.

That wasn’t what I would characterize as a “Navy” film. More like a civilian employee of the Navy used their time and resources as their own platform. (yes it says USNavy video in the caption but I get the feeling there are a lot of things in that vault with little actual oversight)

It is a U.S. Department of Defense website. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see for yourself. It is not the same military a lot of us have served in.

https://www.dvidshub.net/

posted Hide Post
Read what I wrote. I know it’s on a govt website and it says US Navy in the writeup as I mentioned.

My point was that if you go on that website it is chock full of content ranging from clearly official stuff to stuff like you just witnessed. The impression I get is that unless you are making a treason how to video you can get it added to this directory. That doesn’t hit my definition of official Navy policy or video. That video probably never got aired to anyone outside the 6 gender fluid civilian technicians that work at Undersea Command. Once again it’s “official” in a very limited sense but is it really if it’s not distributed and no one watched it? Technically though as stated it is a Navy video. In reality? Maybe not so much.

Not saying there aren’t goofy videos out there that do meet the criteria I describe above, this one isn’t it though.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody gives a shit. I’m not stopping using “hey guys”. It’s all nonsense.

One more reason I love, "Hey, y'all." It only offends snobs. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I’m not calling a he a she, or a she a he, or a he or she a they, anybody who thinks I will can go fuck THEMselves.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oooh, I like that vthoky. Lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Read what I wrote. I know it’s on a govt website and it says US Navy in the writeup as I mentioned.

My point was that if you go on that website it is chock full of content ranging from clearly official stuff to stuff like you just witnessed. The impression I get is that unless you are making a treason how to video you can get it added to this directory. That doesn’t hit my definition of official Navy policy or video. That video probably never got aired to anyone outside the 6 gender fluid civilian technicians that work at Undersea Command. Once again it’s “official” in a very limited sense but is it really if it’s not distributed and no one watched it? Technically though as stated it is a Navy video. In reality? Maybe not so much.

Not saying there aren’t goofy videos out there that do meet the criteria I describe above, this one isn’t it though.

DVIDS Content https://www.dvidshub.net/about/faq

Where does this content come from?

All content on the DVIDS hub website is created and submitted by US Military personnel, US Government agencies, and contractors operating in the US Army Central Area of Responsibility, including Iraq, Afghanistan, and throughout the world.

posted Hide Post
Once again read what I wrote. I’ve answered your questions ready. Twice. That vault come from DOD employees, military, vendors with contracts, etc. It is an official vault of content. If you take even a cursory search you will quickly note that the content varies widely. You will find well made very official content and then stuff like this that looks like it was made in a basement with one take. Yes, it is “official”. It also looks like a local command produced it. Specifically civilian contractors. Those two are not in any military. They are paid engineers who work for Undersea Warfare Center. My point is not that it’s not technically a US Navy video because it clearly technically is, but that this appear to one of thousands of videos in that vault. This video probably was never viewed outside of that command if it even was viewed by anyone in an official capacity. The point I was trying to make is that there are actual training videos that military members are forced to watch. This isn’t one of them. This is a badly made, sophomoric video that probably garnered more views in this vein than from the actual command.

That’s it. I agree it’s stupid. I agree it is “official”. I think there are way more egregious, widely disseminated, and force fed content out there that our military has been forced to partake in. I hate it when the left uses the stupidest conservative to prove their point and I try to hold our side to the same standard. That’s it. There is plenty of ammo for us to use besides this cornball video.