SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I took a guy to the hospital last year for a psych eval. He was going through a rough time, but I could tell from our conversation that unlike a lot of people we deal with, he actually wanted the help. He lives locally so I see him pretty often in passing and he always waves...just this week he stopped and told me that he's doing well and starting seminary in the fall. Absolutely made my day Smile.

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During our 20 years of travels through out many of the western states we collected cloth patches at the national parks, state parks, national monuments and museums.

Today Bonnie finally dug them out and is in the process of sewing them on to my bird watching / shoot me first vest.

12 of the 24 will fit on, nicely.

I am about half giddy.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55170 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I visited a surgeon. The growth was NOT cancer!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2346 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
My nephew completed his board of review for Eagle Scout last month and is officially an Eagle Scout.

Excellent!

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4005 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The weather is great and the trees are almost full of leaves.
After months of bare trees, seeing all that green in my yard and the woods behind brings me joy.

Simple pleasures.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16631 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24209 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Pretty frickin adorable.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ltbarber:
I visited a surgeon. The growth was NOT cancer!

Congratulations!

And I fixed the inoperative horn in my Jeep today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8372 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
PSA check on Tuesday. It was 0.159, lower than 6 months ago. BTW HRK, that is a great video!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1897 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Now that’s a day!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I live on a lake and the sounds of summer have arrived. Woke this morning to the V8 rumble of a Ski Nautique dropping of a neighbor after an early morning slalom set. Shes a former collegiate cheerleader and daughter of a high school classmate. I'll be racing my inland C Scow sailboat later today, the season started last week and I got a second.

My son had my fifth grandchild last month. He had his first son on the same birthdate as my daughters first son.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found out my daughter pulled a 4.0 this semester. 12 credits taking classes in C sharp, T-SQL, and React. Not bad immersed in IT classes, working full time, and that whole mother thing. I couldn't be more proud. GO GIRL!

Posts: 7666 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My younger grandson graduates Law School today (Penn State).

Age and health conspire to prevent me from being there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31374 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The North West 200 is a race held on closed off public roads in Northern Ireland. Much like the Isle of Man TT it is a VERY dangerous track. To see a 60 year old take third place is AWESOME! At the ripe age of 40 I am about to start racing mountain bikes in a local series so this is quite inspiring. Cool

My first race will be next Wednesday and I’ll have a GoPro on for it but I don’t think I will do well. It’s a track I don’t know so well and will be my first race in decades. The second race will be my “home track” that I have memorized and train at multiple times every week. Hopefully come June (the 2nd race I will compete in) I will have more good news to post. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Watching motorcycle GP today and marveling at the skills of the riders, I wondered how old they can be in top form. I wonder what age is the oldest rider to win a GP race. That 60 year old is quite impressive.

Posts: 7626 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I found a pre-filled, self-contained and disposable hummingbird feeder for a dollar and set it out. We'll see.

Posts: 28642 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Today marks my wife and my 50th wedding anniversary. 50 great years, 2 great kids, 5 great grandkids and a nice place to hang our hats. What more is there?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4274 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your 50th!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post