SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This is my youngest son’s overjoyed face:

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That's a nice fish!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Damn nice, looks like good weather too. Summer thunder storms get yall?

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh Trapper, that looks like a very cool father son thing going on. A son to be proud of for sure.

Posts: 7666 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Saturday Night Rodeo

Posts: 1651 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
We’re in the northern part of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan right now. The weather has been great all summer. A few thunderstorms and enough rain that the farm fields up here look good to my untrained eye.

It’s our last few days up here which is always a bummer because August is the best month. Huron’s water is in the 70s, but Florida schools start mid August and there’s meetings we have to go to before hand.

That was the biggest largemouth I’ve ever seen that wasn’t hanging on a wall. A little under 19” and fat. We had a canoe paddle in the boat and the fish covered most of the paddle part. It jumped twice while he was bringing it in and of course I joked “We’re gonna need a bigger boat”, which was completely lost on my 14yo son.

quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Gosh Trapper, that looks like a very cool father son thing going on. A son to be proud of for sure.

Thank you, he’s a good kid. With my oldest going to college this fall and my daughter driving herself around, I’m looking forward to more fishing with my youngest both in Florida and Michigan.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Trapper, tell your kid congrats that's a great fish!

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Well, the Grand Kids were coming to swim, but they got into something else Sunday afternoon.

So... I ask my bride of 45 years to throw on a strappy little Sun Dress and we would go for a Sunday earning ride.

She did... we did... It was quite a pleasant evening.

After all this time I still love to snap a photo, or a few dozen, of her when the occasion arises.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am a member of a local Sportsmen's club. There is some work underway on the property that requires a weekly inspection. I am responsible for those inspections and completing the reports.

Inspection involves a walk through a forested area then into our conservation area. Every time I take that walk, through all the seasons, I reminded myself that I am one lucky devil. The beauty of nature is boundless. Watching a hawk soar above the forest, seeing the sun filter through the branches of the trees, looking back at the forested hillsides, it gives me pause to recognize what really matters in life. It is one of my joyous things.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 739 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post