SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
My new Mustang and the stripes I put on the Mach brings joy to me…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I know I’m always blessed, but I just may make it to 60 this week. Scary for my dad to know his youngest will soon attain 60 trips around the sun.

My older daughter called us last week crying as she left the doctors office. They believed she may have had tumors in her abdomen. After more tests a day or two later, it was determined not so. Our tears of sorrow changed to tears of joy!

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1215 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4173 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Jake, our German Shepherd, turned 12 years of age at the end of July. Toward the end of August, he became deathly ill and quit eating; he couldn't even keep water down. The vet found a tumor to be the cause of an intestinal blockage and severe swelling. Poor Jake was miserable and the vet didn't think that surgery would be likely to be successful considering his age and condition. Sadly, we decided to put him down the next day if he didn't show improvement.

We prayed for him that evening and I walked him a little (he was so weak he couldn't go up or down the stairs). However, the next morning, he stood up on his own, said, "Not today, Dad," in Canine, and started moving around on his own. The vet was as surprised as we were. He's on some medication for the tumor and about two months later he's still enjoying life. We know his time is limited and he could drop at any moment but every day with him is a good day and he makes us smile. This photo is from today.

https://www.snapfish.com/share...53549929070/SNAPFISH

Edit: Can't get the photo to appear but the link, above, works.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2156 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
200 mile round trip into the western Yoop to explore old mines, mining towns and pioneer cemeteries last Sunday. Jeep was excellent. Beautiful fall day and full fall colors.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16363 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I just watched ONE HELL OF A PLAYOFF COMEBACK WIN! Down 0-1 at the half my son’s middle school soccer team managed to score three goals in the second half (the first goal in the first 3 min of the half) to win 3-1.

The opposing team’s coach got yellow carded for melting down and mouthing off after the second goal! Eek Big Grin

They kept their undefeated season alive and now head to the championship game! Eek Eek Cool Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
We went on our annual autumn bike ride last weekend. Perfect weather and even better company.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My current student teacher - late 20s, Army vet - is doing a great job…so much that he has been offered two long-term sub positions in our district to cover maternity leave. He has a newborn and this will really help as he’ll be a mid-year grad and most teaching jobs won’t be open until the Spring. Cool

Posts: 724 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Jascha Heifetz plays Melodie by Gluck

That was beautiful. Thank you.

Posts: 6557 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:

My older daughter called us last week crying as she left the doctors office. They believed she may have had tumors in her abdomen. After more tests a day or two later, it was determined not so. Our tears of sorrow changed to tears of joy!

Give you daughter a hug for us! That is joyous indeed.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We just got back from a family vacation early this morning.

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
This had me rolling. NSFW.

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
Seeing our newest rescue dog thrive. He's living his best life now.

Posts: 662 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Another day and I did not have a stroke or a heart attack. I think that’s a good thing.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12960 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harvested fall honey on Monday then getting badly needed rain yesterday and today.
God is good.

Posts: 395 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
I did some work at a guys house out in the country yesterday. They have four awesome doggers that like to hang out with you. The little brown female border collie decided she wanted to be my best friend and it made my whole day.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Went on a ride with our jeep club on some forest service roads yesterday. Awesome colors and leaf rain, had lunch on the trail and a great time.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3818 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Grandson #5, is ranked #1 in New Mexico karate points sparring, #3 in kata, in 10-11 year-olds.

Grandson #4 is ranked third in New Mexico karate point sparring, in 14-15 year-olds. He hasn't competed in katas much this year. He's been judging.

I'm proud of both of them.
The boys practice ITF style taekwondo and really never practice point sparring.

Posts: 1645 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
These guys make me happy.

share photo free

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post