SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
These guys make me happy.

share photo free

I love dogs! The one on the left, it’s that always it’s facial expression or is it genuinely surprised?

Calm, relaxed, being pet face:

.1 seconds later…

“I’m certain someone is trying to break in and kill us all” face

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
That's DugthePug.

He's mine and is a fun little guy.

free upload photos

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Won Military Performer of the Quarter today, pretty decent coin and a 24 hour pass I may take tomorrow before I start my new job.

My wife is on a health kick but bought me and 8 oz filet today for dinner…good day all around!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old Vark WSO
posted Hide Post
Just adopted this little guy from the local dachshund rescue. They were convinced he is a standard sized wire haired dachshund. We’re not so sure - but he is one energetic bundle of love. Lots of puppy energy around the house now. Not surprisingly, our other two dachshunds are not completely sharing our joy. Big Grin

Posts: 79 | Location: Biggest Little City in the World | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nothing like a doxie on hard ride, Mach 1.1, skimming the ground with the grass touching its belly and a big grin on his face.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44444 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Mrs. chbibc and I enjoyed another great season of boating and will soon be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109017 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28642 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This is a Lucinda Williams song, and “joyous” is certainly an apt word to describe it.

Posts: 13559 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My very thoughtful and beautiful bride had a custom metal/ coin holder made for me for my birthday it now hangs over the desk where I reload in our utility room. Now all those coins and medals from various shooting competitions over the years ( decades actually) and 25+ years military service challenge coins accumulated have a place of honor for easy viewing.

Posts: 3373 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met up with my kid, who is still in college, for the day. We thought yesterday might be the last day oof year with over 75 degrees temperature and wanted to take advantage with an outdoor adventure.

Since wife was along, who has limited physical ability, we chose to go to Nolde Forest State Park.

Very easy trails to hike. I usually have the mindset to bring out more than I bring in. It was a pleasure at this place that I didn't have to do that. Very clean for a public area! At least on the paths that we were on.

Very family friendly place with no riff raff or shenanigans.

If you're in the area, it is like a hidden gem worth considering.

Hiking trails at Nolde Forest near Reading, PA
https://uncoveringpa.com/nolde-forest

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I went out yesterday and shot a round of sporting clays with my adult son and he beat me by 3 clays. He doesn’t beat me often, but yesterday he hit his best score ever 85/100 on a really tough course. There is a history behind our competitiveness.

So I love when either of my kids beat me at something. They both know that when they do it was all earned. My son started bird hunting with me at the age of 12. At about 13-14 he started to become better than I was and it was apparent that I needed help. As someone who traveled every week, I found a coach and started taking monthly lessons when I was away. I did that pretty religiously for about three years and didn’t tell him. Well, as expected I got better and he was confused as to how it happened. At about the age of 20-21 sitting in my back yard with a bunch of friends and neighbors enjoying some nice bourbon a neighbor who had played golf me in a tournament asked me how I was playing. When I informed him that I rarely played (5 handicap) and that most of my feee time was spent shooting clays with my son he was a bit surprised. When my son was a teenager, it was near impossible to get him to play golf at our club but if I asked him to shoot clays, he was in the car faster than I could load it. So I more or less stopped playing golf and started shooting clays. During that conversation, it came to light that I had taken lessons and my inebriated son accused me of “cheating, or at a minimum using my means to gain an advantage”. We all had a good laugh.

About a year aqo as my son finished school and struggled a little to get started on his career path, we had a conversation as to the why I took lessons. I told him that when he started to get better there was no way I would have the ability to offer help or coach him to be better. I never once withheld tips or skills to win, I always pushed him to be the best he could be and was adding encouragement even if it meant I would get beaten. Yesterday, I got beat in a real dogfight! On one station that I struggled, my adult son was offering tips to coach me up. I may have been beaten, but it sure felt like I won. He didn’t gloat, in fact he didn’t say a word because he knew he”d earned that win. We kept the scorecard as we often do, and I was on cloud nine about his mental breakthrough of crossing 80. Last night, I cleaned his shotgun beaming with pride about the man my 24 y/o son has become.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
^ that's good stuff right there, Dking.

I just finished a 27 mile 2 day hike with my brother and son. My son has been wanting to get in shape, and asked to come along of his own initiative...he typically hasn't had much interest in hiking. He worked his butt off and we got to have some good talks about why we hike (even when it kinda sucks), the value of hard work for hard work's sake, and even got into some family history. There was a lot of good dad stuff that got to happen in those 27 miles.

Posts: 9179 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I just found out that Friday was the last time I would drive my son to morning practice. I really thought he’d be driving himself to morning practice when he got his license, but in Florida, 16 year olds can’t drive between 11pm and 6am while 17 year olds can’t drive between 1am and 5am. Work is the ONLY exception.

Districts were Saturday, Regions are this coming Saturday while States will be the Saturday after that. They are tapering between now and States. Tapering is a period where they don’t practice as hard so theoretically their bodies can be 100%.

I don’t have to get up at 4am tomorrow to get him to 4:30am practice for the first time in four years of high school swim seasons!

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My wild child loves the blue one the most. Big Grin

The SV650 track bike is finally in cue to get fixed up. One day this will be her bike.

This will remain mine because it’s the perfect blend of sport and comfort. That 996cc 90° twin is a so much fun. Yeah it’s a little heavier than the mighty SV650 but I’m going to put mine on one hell of a diet.

On another positive note I took my YZF-R1 for a ride tonight. This is something I do only two to three times a year (for max effect).

MIND BLOWING.

Riding a 1000cc superbike is the closest you can come to feeling like a NASA Astronaut/test pilot.

It is such an incredible experience when you haven’t ridden in a long time. Especially if your bike has a race exhaust that is loud enough to wake the dead. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Pippin celebrating the rain.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Today is our 52nd wedding anniversary. Best years of my life!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1898 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My son is going to the high school swimming state championships in an individual event!

It’s his senior year and his last chance, but his best 500 Free all season was a 5:15 which isn’t even close to good enough for states.

Out of the blue at districts last Saturday, he came in second with a personal best time of 4:59. A huge improvement, but still not good enough for states.

Yesterday he was sick, but he managed fourth at regions with a 4:53 which gets him to the state championships.

Posts: 11597 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
The houseplants are staring at me....

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
My nephew completed his board of review for Eagle Scout last month and is officially an Eagle Scout. Really proud of him for all the hard work he put into it.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16449 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post