SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Add whatever you as long as it brings joy to you.

I don’t know where to put this otherwise, perfect weather and a kid making smores out back on the weekend.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife and I just came back from BJs wholesale club and we were lucky enough to get the giant chocolate chip cookie from the snack bar.
Every time we have gone in the past they are always sold out.
The best part is they are only a dollar plus tax.
It may be a small joyous thing but the cookies are really good.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2632 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I took a 114 mile ride on our SxS today. Weather and colors were beautiful!

Posts: 9019 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My son FINALLY got some legit play time in with his middle school soccer team! During the playoffs too!!! His team won today 5-0!!! Big Grin Cool

Yeah man!!

Two more wins and they win the championship , remain undefeated and pull off a perfect season! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21213 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Finally living a relaxing life after walking away from my old job.

It’s all good. I wake up with a smile on my face, my sense of humor has returned.

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Any time spent with my grandchildren. They are such a joy.

The oldest, 13, just has to pass her test to get her black belt in karate.
Her brother, 11, is right behind her. He will probably get his black belt in a year.
Next, my 3 year old granddaughter is little miss personality plus and is so sweet.
The littlest, 19 months is just so frickin' cute.

All of them are great kids, thanks to their parents.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16628 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot a 79 (best score of the year) playing with a really good friend. 72 degree weather with a bright blue sky. After the round the wife and I had a great dinner with my friend and his wife. Overall the best weekend in quite a while.

Posts: 7648 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My 5 year old granddaughter had homework where she had to answer question. One was “who is the strongest person you know?” She answered “papa!” (that’s me Smile).

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

'veritas non verba magistri'

Posts: 4002 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
I'm happiest on two wheels. Got my first day at Spider Mountain bike park near Burnett Texas.

The weather finally cooled down here in Texas, and it was great day.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Add whatever you as long as it brings joy to you.

I don’t know where to put this otherwise, perfect weather and a kid making smores out back on the weekend.

Isn't that the same one that was mad and giving you the stinkeye because you 'ruined' her chocolate making her a smore? Big Grin

I gotta add, seeing her in this picture made me smile, so good job.

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
Isn't that the same one that was mad and giving you the stinkeye because you 'ruined' her chocolate making her a smore? Big Grin

I gotta add, seeing her in this picture made me smile, so good job.

She’s the one Big Grin I ate most of the marshmallow this time also, she wound up eating 3 snack size Hersheys instead!

Chocolate is her favorite food by far.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Hiking in WV this weekend.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16445 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My joy this week is having my wife of 33 years return from the hospital. She had a TIA, a so-called mini-stroke; she is back home and doing very well!

My prayers were answered, thank you Lord!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2148 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I remarried a couple years ago to the most incredible woman ever. You know you have a good one when this happens at the wedding...

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12598 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was invited to an old friend's home for a "Harvest gathering". He knows people are busy visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, so he did this first picnic in October. I've known him since middle school.
To my surprise, he invited a few friends we knew since that time. It was great seeing old friends again. The gathering went so well, they all agreed to do this every year.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Three full boxes of full size candy bars from Costco for the little tricksters on Halloween !
With a slight hope of some leftovers for my wife and me. Smile

Posts: 833 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I get to fly a B737 for the next 3 days. I actually get PAID to do that!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I woke up late this morning. I got to see my 4yr old before I left for work, which is unusual. He informed me that he wants to be called Indy after Indiana Jones. Traffic was light and my usual parking spot was still available. The weather was mild and so my walk to my building was pleasant. I saw a pretty lady.

It's not much, but today is starting out joyous for me.

Posts: 789 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post

Sunrise at the beach this morning

Posts: 13822 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post