SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can we maintain a thread of just joyous things… Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Our happy heeler mix, Walter, after a morning of playing fetch:

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Won Military Performer of the Quarter today, pretty decent coin and a 24 hour pass I may take tomorrow before I start my new job.

My wife is on a health kick but bought me and 8 oz filet today for dinner…good day all around!

Congrats!

Posts: 6038 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Celebrating 20 years here on the forum. Learning and enjoying life thru everyone else's eyes!

phil

Posts: 2390 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr.sig239:
Celebrating 20 years here on the forum. Learning and enjoying life thru everyone else's eyes!

I'm 3 days late in my congratulation Sir!

20 years qualifies for retirement Smile

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
These guys always make me smile.

Posts: 3266 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had breakfast with two former peers. We worked together about 12 years ago. It has been interesting seeing how life changes us over time.

I keep in touch on a monthly basis with the one fellow.

The other has a lot going on with all of his Saturdays (LOL, retired and more busy than ever before). We only connect about every 6 months or so.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My joyous thing is my Subaru is finally back home from being garaged off and on for 7 years 100 miles away. The best thing is I can now obsess over getting the maintenance and "conservation" up to date and spend less time worrying about world events. Watching barn find videos makes me think there is a lot of interest in making old things new again. I also have a niece that might be interested in it but I'm rather bad at getting rid of Subarus.

It used to look better- getting old sucks.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sincerely does my heart good to see Dolly Parton happy at 77,
Carl Dean must be elated as well.

Good for them both.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tonight's Central Florida sunset.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12910 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Rained all day today. We sure needed it.

Posts: 27149 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigsentry ,
I thought that. That was an AMC Pacer at first

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ it's a '98 Crosstrek Big Grin

Posts: 3585 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My kid, who (along with many others) had a rollercoaster ride with tryouts and teams for hockey this year, finally got a chance to play his first game with his newly formed team. They won 6-2. They earned that!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My country girl wife... Bringing me the Joy for 44 years!

Enjoy the simple things while you can!

And BACON! Bacon brings me Joy...

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Recent MPOQ (Military Performer of the Quarter) award got escalated.

I received a much higher award from my 2-star. Got this coin from my CO.

For everyone wanting to do something know that whatever you do is appreciated.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My daughter ice skating with her friends:

The rink just played YMCA.

Posts: 11539 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4002 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
My son is being commissioned a Major in the Army Reserve today.

The family (including 9 of my grandkids) will be there for it. I'm very proud of him!

Posts: 6557 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
For those that know one of my kids received this for some recent “work” in the sandbox.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6461 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post