SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12*** Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para.

Perhaps we can police ourselves as we do in the Lounge?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Great news!

I think the Classifieds section represents an aspect of the bond among members here as a manifestation of the trust we've developed with each other. For me, it's an integral part of the SIGforum experience.

With the occasional transactions I've had, I established new personal relationships with some members.

I'm glad we'll continue to have the privilege.

Thank you, Para.

Posts: 1457 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it, Para. I’ll be eagerly waiting to see the changes. Thank you.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para....if we all do our parts it will work out.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, in regards to the update;
...thank you, thank you... THANK YOU!!!

This is great news!

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear it's staying, I think I've only ever posted a couple of WTB ads, maybe never a WTS, but I won't miss that feature critically. It's a small amount of bath water to throw out so we can keep the baby.
Appreciate it!

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks Para.

Semper Fi,

teufel-hunden

Posts: 196 | Location: Maryland | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8892 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A simple rule could solve a lot of problems; require a "proof of life" pic for all listings (pic of item with listing date, seller's name and "Sig Forum" written on a piece of paper in the ad) and for WTB, well, that's harder. Maybe require the WTB offeror post the same as reply meaning anybody working in the shadows via email only isn't legit.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I usually do what PGT suggested for newer people or I just advise them I'm not comfortable doing business.

With longtime members, I've actually sent the item before I even receive payment and vice versa. I do my best to be good to people.

I bought a Glock 21 threaded barrel and some P228 baseplates from BDavis a long time ago. I didn't keep track but I think it was months later I noticed he never cashed my check. Finally got ahold of him and reminded him to cash my check. lol

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Sig Forum has the highest quality individuals, Americans, Gun Men, to deal with. I don't do a lot of stuff on classifieds, been 10 years probably, but I remember doing a trade (239 for 226 I think), and the member gave a 24 hour inspection/rejection period (talking bout you Bionic!). I have never encountered that elsewhere, and it has always resonated with me as emblematic of the old-fashioned honest people we have here (talking bout you agin Bionic!), polar opposite of "caveat emptor." So, long-winded way to say, I am delighted Para is keeping that page.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you , Para for keeping the Classified and ALL the hard work associated with running this great Forum! I will do my part!

Posts: 178 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
A simple rule could solve a lot of problems; require a "proof of life" pic for all listings (pic of item with listing date, seller's name and "Sig Forum" written on a piece of paper in the ad) ...

Easy to fake with an image editor. Just saw it happen, in another forum, and it wasn't even a real good fake.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
SIG228's feelings are hurt because his first post in this thread has been criticized. That's where this "it's just a website" stuff comes in. Instead of owning the remarks he made, he wants to degrade the forum.

Ain't that right, SIG228?

SIG228 is a shitposter. You won’t get anything of value out of him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear the classifieds will be staying and welcome any new rules or guidelines for making it better for Para, all of us really.
I haven't utilized them much only purchasing one 27-2 some years back. But I enjoy browsing them, and am getting to the age that I should start selling off some of my modest accumulation and here is the place I would feel most comfortable doing so.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, I know the bs with the classifieds was giving you heartburn. I really appreciate your decision.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para Thank You for letting the Classifieds stay. I really appreciate it!

HK firearms Collector

Posts: 514 | Location: The Golden State | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para, I have bought very little and sold far less on our Classifieds, but I enjoy looking at the ads and just having them here.

Looking forward to the changes and appreciate all your efforts which make this the best Forum on the 'Net.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I've never used the Classifieds, but if ever want to sell one of my guns, especially one of my Sigs, I'd prefer a fellow member get the first opportunity.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post