SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’ve scored some tgtbt 1911 stuff in these classifieds and they always turned out to be true but I’ve never tried to sell anything because ya can’t cross post.
I guess I’ll just log out if the classified goes away. It’s the primary I visit any 2A site.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zero1911:
I guess I’ll just log out if the classified goes away. It’s the primary I visit any 2A site.
Then, you can leave right now.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding the door, asshole.

Posts: 107572 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

So you are 100% on this ( mountain standard time ) ??

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked at all the comments and suggestions. I thank Para for everything he does to run the forum properly and in a way we all enjoy. Without real knowledge of what it takes to operate the forum, the only solution I can come up with to combat the scams is to prohibit WTB posts.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

WTF, Dude. What does that even mean?
Don't you understand that the classifieds are intended to be incidental to your participation in this forum as a community?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
WTF, Dude. What does that even mean?
Don't you understand that the classifieds are intended to be incidental to your participation in this forum as a community?

Hey, there is always one.

I gotta say I think Para might be mellowing. Just pointing at the door instead of swinging the ban hammer. The eagle has style as well as talons.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

A real bright one, you are.

You don't have the first clue as to the nature of this forum.

Guys, tell this rocket surgeon who the Classifieds section of this forum is intended for.

Posts: 107572 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the Classifieds are here just so people who don't participate in any meaningful way can come here to peruse a fine selection of firearms, knives, and miscellaneous items, then purchase or sell items freely with no regard to fellowship or contribution to said forum.

Do I get a cookie??

Oh, wait.....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
For those of you in Rio Linda, that was sarcasm....

Classifieds are a benefit (were a benefit) afforded people who come here and contribute, discuss, argue like family, then go back to being a fellowship of relatively like minded folks who appreciate what we have here. They are a miniscule part of the whole here, and will not affect most of us when visiting or contributing.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm clearly mostly a lurker but I think the folks I've done business with here were happy to receive my money and I've picked up some cool items.

I'm on a lot of forums and the vast majority of scams involve the WTB ads, I think banning WTB posts would go a long way in fending off scammers.

Posts: 29 | Location: Central OH | Registered: June 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although this might be unpopular, I completely respect Para's decision. If I owned this site, I would also be concerned about users on my forum being scammed and removing the classifieds would solve this problem. People will still get scammed, but at least it won't be in the Sigforum house.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I’ve never understood the people that ONLY ever log on here to sell their shit. It’s pretty pathetic

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I’ve never understood the people that ONLY ever log on here to sell their shit. It’s pretty pathetic

They think they are doing everyone a favor... Roll Eyes

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for some of us to pay to advertise a business on here? I know I’ve bought some things from some of the folks in business here.

Posts: 5734 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Our time-challenged friend above might benefit from new reading material.

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune,--often the surfeit of our own behavior,--we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as if we were villains by necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine thrusting on: an admirable evasion of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish disposition to the charge of a star."

-Edmund, Act 1, Scene 2
Per Shakespeare Himself

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Our time-challenged friend above might benefit from new reading material.

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are sick in fortune,--often the surfeit of our own behavior,--we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as if we were villains by necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards, liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine thrusting on: an admirable evasion of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish disposition to the charge of a star."

-Edmund, Act 1, Scene 2
Per Shakespeare Himself

How could anyone argue with that?

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roman3667:
But these are trash people and Not part of our community.

"Our" community?

Dude, I just checked your postings here. Of what few there are, they're all in the Classifieds. If all you're here for is the Classifieds you are not, IMO, part of our community.

quote:
But what I can get angry about are members of this community calling me stupid from behind a keyboard.

Uh huh. Thing is: What you did was stupid. If I knew you personally and you'd done it I would have told you the same.

quote:
A normal response I would think is gee. Sorry this happened to ya Roman.

I am sorry this "happened to you," Roman, but...

quote:
But again several members of this community are saying I'm an idiot and didn't do my due diligence.

I'm not going to say you're an idiot, but you did fail to do your due diligence. Failing to do one's due diligence is stupid. Sorry: Got to call 'em as I see 'em.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I also hate the shotgun approach of punishing many for the actions of a few, but realize it's not my decision to make.

Did you actually read para's OP?

On being a moderator:
quote:
... no one in their right mind would be eager for a job that pays nothing and that sets them up to be criticized and insulted by some less than cooperative members, ...

Speaking as one who's done it: I can vouch for this. It's not the worst job in the world (e.g.: Cleaning grease traps or pots and pans duty while on KP were worse), but it's not the fun, easy job those who've never done it imagine it to be.

It's not a thing sane people with a life who've done it before volunteer to do again Wink

quote:

Then you're not actually a community member, here, anyway. For my part (for what that may be worth): You won't be missed.

FYI: Every gun forum in which I participate that has a classifieds-type section means it to be a convenience for community members. If all you're there for is to buy and sell: They don't want you around, anyway.

Anyhoo... Can't say I blame you, para. If you kill the Classifieds I'll regret not having gotten my act together and gotten listed a thing or two I've been meaning to sell, and that'll kinda suck, but that's my own damn fault Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dude - buy a store, steal a store, or start up a store but do not be the a-hole who intentionally saps the resources of a/THE current forum owner.

You're being an obstinate jackwad going any further other than a humble apology to the owner of this forum and its member.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Bunch of drama queens. It's a website for hellsakes, get a life.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post