SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12*** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Personally, I have always viewed internet commerce as a leap of faith. For the most part my transactions have been good. All of my interactions here have been top notch on both sides.
I am glad the decision has been made to keep the classified section open, thank you Para.

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. I’ve always perused the classifieds in case there was something I had to have, appreciate your hard work in trying to keep us all safe.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Para, you are the Captain of this ship and you have never steered us astray. I am sure you will do what is best for us. And thank you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Para, you are the Captain of this ship and you have never steered us astray.
Yargh!

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, thank you. You are the MOST thoughtful ringmaster of any 2A circus that I have come across. Folks, please be SUSPICIOUS and SKEPTICAL of all members with less than a 100 posts. We are living in crazy times and this is the SANEST place we come to. Best of luck everyone.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't use the classifieds that often but enjoy perusing the items. I appreciate Para and the ability to have the classifieds and the members here, which can be counted on to close the deal. I feel this is one of the best sites to use/visit and the quality of it's members here make it that way. I enjoy the info. we are able to share and the "karmas" on this site are amazing,due to our great members who care about one another. As I get older, I appreciate the demeanor of the members here and the integrity they have.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I am one of the members that come and read every day but have long times between my posts. The low posts are a result of me using an I-pad not my laptop. I don’t get along well with the pop up keyboard and my typical surroundings make the voice method a bad idea.

I have used the classified section in the past and have never experienced any issues with anyone. I think it’s a great place to find items related to Sig Pistols that you may not find locally or sometimes at the various vendors. It is also a great place to offer items someone might be interested in.

I support whatever direction Para decides to go.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have bought many things through the classifieds, and sold a few. Thinking back about my history here, I just realized that while initial contact has been through the classified ads, many of my transactions wound up being face-to-face, because the other party was within striking distance of central Florida.

In fact, I am in the process of one such transaction right now. A SIGforum member posted that he was looking for a pistol that I have (I have two of these, so I'm willing to let one go), and we are planning to meet this coming week to complete the transaction.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Require a verified address for anyone posting in the Classifieds. No address can't post.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The WTB isnt bad or should have its own forum

I have 1 file cabinets of used non ffl items (holsers, springs, screws, grips, boxes, posters, catalogs)

I woulndt have the energy to list all of it.

But if someone posts they need a _____ spring, or a ____ screw that fell behind the counter because they didnt read the instructions, probably have a good # of people that could help.

solution:
WTB post? cost $5/ad Smile good compromise, donate the $ to a charity

my 2 cents, I threw out a WTB twice, got good responses, prices were more than the wallet could bare, but the WTB = a way to find someone that may want the stuff I never thought of selling or even light the spark to try out that old P239 holster (for example)

P232, P239, P226, P229, P365, P365XL, Legions, Elites, SAO, DAO.... it never ends

Posts: 13 | Registered: March 18, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie-SoxFan04:

solution:
WTB post? cost $5/ad Smile

Confused

You want to charge a member for a WTB ad?
It's not the member's ad which is the problem, it's the SOB (scammer) who responds to it.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for giving us another chance at the Classifieds.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for keeping it Para. I've never had a problem buying or selling anything in the classifieds. Like others have said, properly vet the buyer or seller via their email address, how long they been on, and how many posts they have. And use your instincts.. if it doesn't feel comfortable then move along. Knock on wood, I've never been burned in 10 years of buying and selling on numerous forums.
That said, I'm looking forward to the thread on how we'll move forward

Proverbs 21:31

Posts: 450 | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para.
Enjoy the Classifieds and the rest of the forum for some light reading.
Myron

Posts: 138 | Location: NoVA | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2880047884

Good grief

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/2880047884

Good grief

Right? I mean with a first post don’t you at least notice the topic within classifieds that directs you to page 12?
My favorite part is that he does not even have an email listed in his profile.

I did ‘report’ it a little bit ago.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha - right on queue

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Sir, for reconsidering. I have not had one problem in the Classifieds either buying or selling and I hope it stays that way.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post