SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12***
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutting down Classifieds. **update, page 12*** Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I was sad to see it go. I window shop there occasionally. I wasn't willing to post my thoughts on it when it was going to be shut down. Didn't want to try to influence the decision. I can see the wisdom in closing it down. One less complication running the forum. Also, I know Parabellum protects the members here. I've seen him do it and know how important that is to him. Now that it can remain with updated policy, I'm relieved. I hope we can see the effort put into making this the best forum on the web...and I do believe it is.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I appreciate you keeping the Classifieds. I haven't bought or listed, but frequently window shop.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Glad the Classifieds are going stay. I have used them quite a bit over the years both buying and selling. Lots of guns and gun stuff bought and sold but have also sold things from shoes to a car in the classifieds.
Only hiccup I have had is sold a gun and the fella used a dick of an FFL who made the transaction a complete pain in the ball sack and the transaction took weeks when it should have taken days.

As for the thought process on no more WTB ads I find that kind of strange as I have always had really good luck. Though I do see how it can be an easier target for the scammers.

Thanks for deciding to keep them open!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Para, thanks-

I have met some fantastic members thru the forum and the classifieds.
(I had hopes the classifieds would stay around).

I certainly appreciate all of your time invested in this forum-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the best site out there. I don't post often, but I read here almost every night. Great people here. I've never bought or sold here, but I have thought about a few items, just not quick enough. Thanks Para for keeping the option open for us.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thanks for the keeping it open despite the headaches. I know all the legit members here appreciate it and don't take your effort lightly.

one of my all time favorite Colt AR purchases came from here. got a flawless 6940 from tschiemer when I couldn't find one elsewhere.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

With longtime members, I've actually sent the item before I even receive payment and vice versa. I do my best to be good to people.
I sold a used something or other, might have been a holster, to a member here.

I sent it to him and said, "Check it out. If you like it, send me a check. If you don't like it, just send it back to me."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I have been following this from page 1, and the way it's evolved, I have to say this might deserve a sticky.

I'll add my thanks to Para. Another example of his excellent stewardship.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have missed it and I refuse to google it but did we figure out what a hellsake is?

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW the first Sig I bought was on this site and a very smooth transaction.
I'm glad the classifieds are staying whatever the new rules turn out to be.

Posts: 45 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: April 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I would hate to see the classifieds go.
So would I, but you needn't be concerned about it now.

Classifieds shall remain intact. We'll decide how we're going to address the issues with the cockroaches and snakes but, for now, I recommend that no one create any new WTB ads. It should be WTS or trade only, and gentlemen, you need to become the most suspicious SOBs ever to roam God's green earth. If that's not clear to you by now, then there's no hope for you. The reptiles and insects will take this as a challenge, so they will double down on their efforts. Count on it. In Classifieds, question even your mother.

In a day or two, I'll create a thread, where I will receive input from all of you on the Rules for Classifieds and for a recommended vetting procedure to apply when any member contacts you.

In the end, I couldn't take away the marketplace from our longtime, trustworthy vendors and from all the members, many of whom have expressed their support in this thread.

Make it so people that post in the classifieds have to pay a small annual fee, you then have their C.C. info...... I'm on The Hull Truth (boating forum) and that's how it is there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Man, I don't want anyone's credit card information.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thank you, Mike! I look forward to reading the new rules and taking part with all in helping to maintain integrity.

Posts: 128 | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Good deal, boss.
Happy to hear the classifieds will remain.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I’ve never sold or purchased anything out of the classified section but do occasionally look at them….glad to see they will stick around. I hate that some people are assholes and try to rip our members off …. Sucks

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And of course. I put up a want to buy ad and have now seen this.

Apologies para.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping the classifieds Para, I realize it can be quite the headache at times.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
As for the thought process on no more WTB ads I find that kind of strange as I have always had really good luck. Though I do see how it can be an easier target for the scammers.

I like WTB ads. I've responded to many of them and hooked up fellow members w/ things they Wanted To Buy. Black just posted a WTB ad looking for a Kershaw Rainbow Leek, a pocket knife that's long been out of production. I have one. Another member responded too, so that's at least two of us who have the knife Black is looking for.

If you're looking for obscure SIG parts such as OEM zipperback mags, an OEM set of von Stavenhagen sights, a MGW 307 sight pusher, or a P225 like the one in the SF banner, SF is one of the best if not the best place to find those. How do you find that stuff w/o a WTB ad? Sure there's fleabay, but many of us prefer to avoid it if we can. Same goes for GunBroker.

Whenever I email someone in the Classifieds, I also post, "Email sent," in his thread. My email and my post will be within a few minutes of each other. The other member can click my profile to verify the email address listed in there matches the one he received in his inbox.

If roman had bothered to verify Flash's email address, he wouldn't have been scammed. If he hadn't posted his email address, he likely would have avoided being scammed. Sorry roman, but live & learn.

I'm not arguing against a temporary WTB moratorium, but I do want to say that members helping other members find stuff is consistent w/ the spirit of SF.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, thank you! This has been a great forum those hard to get items. And a source for very useful information!

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post