SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And Another Cancer Rant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And Another Cancer Rant Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What you and Tabitha have endured is excruciating, and I've shared some of the same experiences since my GF went through breast cancer over 15 years ago.

All I can say is, stay strong. My GF survived, most people survive cancer these days, Tabitha will as well.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9386 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I made the surgeon laugh.

I caught him off guard when he was talking to Tabs today and he looked over the board. She was off in the HIDA test and I was bored.

Tomorrow is Are Friends Electric.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs a little Phillip K Dick now and then.

Might need a list of classics questions…
“If a cow could laugh, would milk come out of its nose?”

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2396 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your wife's condition and changes. I will be praying for you both.

Posts: 7105 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
How is she doing? Able to visit with the kids today? Don’t suppose you can sneak Pippin in?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5514 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She JUST got out of recovery and I'm home to get a few things.

She has been absolutely miserable through this whole ordeal. The HIDA test results had to be reviewed by her oncologist and approve the surgery on top of the gallbladder being septic.

I can't believe they made her wait three days to get that rotten thing out of her.

She has had NOTHING to eat for three days. She's fit to be tied irritable.

Tomorrow I get to make phone calls about adjusting her chemo schedule and her plastic surgery appointment and hopefully she can come home.

As for Pippin, he ate spaghetti with me last night and I gave him the forbidden sunflower seeds today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I hope she’s home. And loved the forbidden seeds for Pippin, hah!

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We're home today. Her gallbladder was gangrenous.

She was a sick girl.

Now we have to do the reconstruction and symmetry surgery at the end of the month. That's still on.

Don't get me started about work. I'm out three days and there's a power play and the owner called me today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I'm out three days and there's a power play and the owner called me today.
Tabitha has best wishes from all of us, and a many prayers for her.

Re the power play -- is it the "nemesis" we have heard about in the past?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Re the power play -- is it the "nemesis" we have heard about in the past?

It's part of the power vacuum left by the shipping manager quitting.

We shared some of the personnel responsibilities. I suspect it's one of my subordinates complained to the boss I wasn't here. I checked my desk this morning and someone has snadbagged the work to make it look like I have a pile of late items sitting.

The server don't lie. The save dates are from Friday with the handwritten due out dates from the 7th. I'm gonna light people up this morning with the fury of an angry god. They are going to either fear or hate me when I'm done with them. Nice guy is gone.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

someone has snadbagged the work to make it look like I have a pile of late items sitting.
Damn! With all the other stuff that's going on in your life, you really do not need this kind of BS.

Seems like there's a lot of backstabbing going on. What's up with that?

More important: How is Tabitha coming along? Pippin is probably happy that she's home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Pippin is happy she's home. Tabs is sore, but recovering, then she has major surgery at the end of the month.

I spoke with boss. He's cool with me and production schedule.

I told him I had kept up with my team while I was out and showed him the texts. I have no idea who was in a panic.

However when I got in, there was an email from IT that my assistant was trading stock for three days and left the app running all weekend. The computer is now sterilized of any stocks gambling shit.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I discovered who the scoundrel was that said something to the boss. A rep. He "needed" some samples NOW!!!!! on Friday when I was out. He told the project manager he didn't give a shit WHY I was out and he was calling the boss to get me brought back in IMMEDIATELY or they could just find someone else for my job if I can't find a way to come in.

Boss shut him down and texted me about what was happening. He told me take care of Tabs and he would handle the rep.

I got the samples out today as rep was calling back to see if I was in and the project manager was in my office on the cell phone with him as he was checking on it.

I shouted in my most southern ignert hee haw tone, "I thank you for your concern Mr. Rep!", "I'll see you for the Christmas rep meeting!"

The phone went silent. I can't wait. I hold a grudge like a crow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hold a grudge like a crow.

This is my favorite line of the day.

Fuck him, and fuck that. Every one has to walk their own path, but unless he has some crisis of his own, he can F off.

I have very few reps I enjoy, and a few I actively hate. About to go to bat with one in early June. Wish he’d just drop off the face of the earth, frankly.

It’s good to hear your bosses have your back when you need them most.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Today, we've had Pippin two years and she's looking forward to his Gotcha Day party. Yes, his special day she got him is celebrated just as any other family member as she was adopted herself.

She said she now feels well enough to have a steak with her little buddy.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:...

Fuck him, and fuck that. ...

If Marzy wuz a cat, he would be this cat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44507 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabs drove her car for the first time in months.
She went up the street to get her staples removed from the gallbladder surgery.

Surgeon said her incisions are healed. He was surprised. They are completely healed. She told him that I say she heals like a super hero. He agreed, she heals very fast. Yes, the surgeon did her after care, not some PA or nurse or assistant. The surgeon himself.

She told him I told her that's why she survived the unsurvivable stroke.

He agreed and told her he admired her body's resilience.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yay, another chemo side effect reared its ugly head today.

Her nail beds are hemorrhaging.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yay, another chemo side effect reared its ugly head today.

Her nail beds are hemorrhaging.

We didn’t have that. There are suggested compensations but you just get tired of “one more thing”. When something like that reared, I just reminded myself that at least we were here to experience it.

Is she seeing any neuropathy? That’s been our long term holdout, mostly in winter, though it has diminished a bit.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2396 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post