SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And Another Cancer Rant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And Another Cancer Rant Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The surgeon called today and said complete pathology is back.

The surgeon got it all, lymph nodes are clear and she will only need follow up medication for 5 years.

Tabs has a lot of discomfort, but I take care of her.
We went to the plastic surgeon today and I turned in the drain records of the week. They had me change the way I was told to do the drainage recording, but they understood what I was doing, measuring and recording each bulb AM then PM. They just want a 24 hour reading.

However the PA said I was doing a great job.

She saw her scars for the first time today. She accepted the disfigurement, but is happy she is going to be alive.

I was shown her scars and was instructed how to care for her while she was still out.

I can't believe the number of women I saw who are going through this alone.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Gives you a heads up on how superficial men can be when the shit hits the fan, huh?
She starts freaking out and they’re gone; things get difficult cuz of hormones and they’re gone, physical beauty out the window, and they’re gone.

It’s heartbreaking, esp when you see so many women caretaking their men when life trips those guys up.
You’re a gem. I hope she can see this through her pain and sadness.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5514 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind, my ex-wife betrayed me because I didn't make enough money for her.

I wonder how many of these just left their husbands thinking it would be just like back in their 20's like my ex did.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I can't believe the number of women I saw who are going through this alone.

This was shocking the first time you mentioned it, even more so when the women are going through recovery process. So sad!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9386 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was at this point my heart started beating regularly again, because we were starting a routine. Routine was good.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2396 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I've been following this without commenting, but I will now say that I am happy to see the latest progress report and I hope that the recovery continues to go well.

Posts: 12240 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The instant I got her home, I drove up to the Goodwill store and found her a bath chair and potty chair.

She was so happy when she woke up to find them when I had to help her to the bathroom before.

They said I could help her bathe this week now.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Tabitha's doing well. We'll do anything for the woman we love.

Posts: 3545 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The instant I got her home, I drove up to the Goodwill store and found her a bath chair and potty chair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good that is really important. If you have ever had to be fed, or needed help with toileting, you truly understand how important these things are. Nobody wants to lose their independence.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Keep in mind, my ex-wife betrayed me because I didn't make enough money for her.

I wonder how many of these just left their husbands thinking it would be just like back in their 20's like my ex did.

Touché. I stand by the fact that you’re a gem to her.

"Trust, but verify."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good that is really important. If you have ever had to be fed, or needed help with toileting, you truly understand how important these things are. Nobody wants to lose their independence.

Home hospice with Dad last September, he absolutely refused a bedpan. We had a potty chair next to the hospital bed in the house, pivoting him from one to the other. Being stuck to a bed irritated him to no end, but he had the potty chair.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 2396 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Milestone.

Tabs wants to get out of the house. She wants me to hose her down in the shower, wash her hair and we go out to the WallyWorld.

Her drains have gone from 120cc a day down to 30. When it's 25, the drains come out. It was 15 this morning. We'll see the total tonight.

She is indifferent about losing a breast. She was eager to inspect the surgery in the doctor's office. She was looking it over this morning as I did my care routine. I told her that the plastic surgeon did a fantastic job and the scar will be hidden by the implant. I don't think the reality has hit, but she is seeing it like her dental implants I got her. It'll take a little while for the replacement parts to come in.

This part of it surprises me as the way she responded to being told it would have to be removed.

None the less, a positive response is a win I will take.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Do you think maybe she was more worried about the surgery itself (and dying) than the disfigurement?
It seems to me that with your devotion to her, her physical appearance might not concern her at all, because you’ve clearly shown her that her soul is what you love, and losing that kind of love would frighten me more than loss of any flesh.

It’s great to hear that she’s ready to get out of the house. And thank you for keeping us informed on her progress. I saw a silly little goffins ‘too yesterday and it brought her immediately to mind, and made me wonder how things were.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She's not allowed to hold Pippin until the drains come out. Not even with the cuddle collar.

I believe they will come out Wednesday.

Pippin misses her so much that he will probably become a cockatumor on her the instant she lets him hop onto her.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she is on the road to recovery. Good on you for taking care of her.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10554 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having cancer changes your life forever. You have been very supportive which is important.

Posts: 17578 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Both drains are now out today. First came out Wednesday and the second today.

She said she is glad to be free from having a ballsack that had to be emptied twice a day. Now you know how I feel.

The instant she got home, she got Pippin and has held him all day long.

He is one happy birdy.

Chemo will be 12 weeks, then the rest of the reconstruction will be completed in the spring.

She saw the extent of the surgery for the first time this week. She asked where her nipple was. I had to tell her they had to take it, but he will make her a new one.

Filling the expander is fascinating. It has a valve in it that has a magnetic part that makes the filling needle mate up to it accurately below the skin. She has 200CCs so in the expander so far.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Glad that she and her bird are reunited! I hope it continues to go well.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We went to the Oncologist today. She starts chemo soon.

Friday she will get a port put in for the infusions.

One is once a week and the other is once every three weeks. The three week one will make her ill and lose her hair.

I suspect hitting her this hard means they suspect there are cells that have migrated.

This stuff is so bad, even the commodes and sinks must be thoroughly cleaned after she uses them for two days after an infusion.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
The wife got doxorubicin and another that I can’t remember. The former is called Red Devil. An infusion nurse wraps up in PPE and uses a big syringe full of a red fluid to inject at the infusion port. It’s disconcerting to watch.

One interesting thing we learned about showering during the hair loss is that the eyebrows are the rain gutters for the face. Not that it’s particularly important, it was just one of those “Huh” seemingly absurd moments that would never hit you unless presented with a situation like this.

One foot in front of the other, eventually you’ll be out of the wilderness.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18