SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And Another Cancer Rant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And Another Cancer Rant Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Chemo first is out of the option.

Surgery then chemo is what it must be.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Wishing you guys well this am as she heads to surgery.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajensen
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a successful surgery.

Posts: 26 | Location: Retired in SC | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You both are in our continuing prayers as you go thru each step of this process.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
First surgery is done. She’s now having the reconstructive surgery and implant.

There was no cells in the sentinel nodes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
First surgery is done. She’s now having the reconstructive surgery and implant.

There was no cells in the sentinel nodes.

Good news and thank you for the update.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Great news.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She's in her room now.

There is a giant water tower outside her window with CUMMING across it in giant letters.

Yes, she's in Cumming, GA.

She gets to stare at it while I giggle non-stop.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
I think I know which hospital that is from when we lived in Alpharetta.

Still praying for the best outcome.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery Mars

Posts: 4093 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
She's in her room now.

There is a giant water tower outside her window with CUMMING across it in giant letters.

Remember, if you’re close to Cumming, think about baseball. - Art “Madman” Mehring

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2387 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
quote:
She's in her room now.

Remember, if you’re close to Cumming, think about baseball. - Art “Madman” Mehring

So close to Cumming, you can see Siemens.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayers for both of you, Mars. Hang in there.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Well, at least you did not have to drive all the way to Climax,Ga.

Hope and pray this all goes well.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I can't believe the number of women in the ward that are ALONE. No husband, boyfriend or children helping care for them during the nights. The nurses bring me anything I want to eat during feeding times. I'm the only spousal support here.

I am a celebrity among the nurses as I help out with the mundane chores. I help her to the bathroom, adjust her sheets, help her turn in bed. Helping to the bathroom is a task. The O2 line has to come off, the anticlot pump has to be disconnected and her IV pump has to be ensured it doesn't tangle.

The nurses would come in to check vitals and ask to watch Pippin sleep on the security cam.

She has these drain bulbs that she calls her testicles and the belt with the bags that hold them, her ball sack.

On a serious note, Tabitha dodged a bullet. She's lucky it wasn't a metastatic cancer. She's lucky that the kind she got is so treatable, grows so slow and takes a long time to get into the lymph nodes, it can just be removed and treated with anti-estrogen drugs.

My work sent her flowers. Doesn't matter where you are on the food chain, they send flowers to a sick employee or spouse.

I have a dear friend coworker that has terminal pancreatic cancer and we are going to give him quite the send off. We had his final birthday celebration we put together back in December was legendary I brought a $100 bottle of Hibiki and everyone was trying to outdo each other with the festivities. We ensure nobody gets left behind.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad she’s doing well.

"Trust, but verify."

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers for her continued recovery and for your faithful support of her. God Bless.

Posts: 2835 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on the recovery path!!!

Posts: 12575 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How’s her outlook now that there’s relatively good news (regarding treatment and lack of sign in nodes)? Some women take mastectomies hard, some shrug it off.

I thought the shirt in the women’s center at Northside that said “Yes, they’re fake, my real ones tried to kill me!” to be funny, but certainly not to my wife’s sense of humor.

Rootin’ for y’all.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2387 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
How are things going?

"Trust, but verify."