SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And Another Cancer Rant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And Another Cancer Rant Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Her nail beds are hemorrhaging.

I'm not sure I want to know... Eek

Never mind! My GF just explained it to me, and it's not at all weirdly grotesque like I thought it could be. Smile

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9361 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Is she seeing any neuropathy? That’s been our long term holdout, mostly in winter, though it has diminished a bit.

The stroke left her with little sensation in her extremities.

I sent her to get her nails done today. She's much happier.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Dude I don’t know you beyond what I’ve seen you post here but I’ve always gotten the impression that you’re a damn good person. If you need to vent or unload on someone to keep the pressure valve from exploding, PLEASE contact me. You have to take care of you too or she might not have you to take care of her.

Posts: 13822 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:...

You are not wrong. I have been privileged to know them, both their wives, uncle, brother and friends. All are of the same cloth.

Both Marzy and SC are salt of the earth, no BS people. They speak their minds and wear their hearts on their sleeves.

They do not cower, nor hide it.

And such make other people very uncomfortable at time, because these tow are "mirrors".

Mirrors make phony and selfish people hate when they see their reflection...

I hope they know, all they need is ask, and I will do what I can.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Chemo resumes tomorrow and reconstruction is on for the middle of July now.

I sold another one of my Rolexes and paid up front for some extra work she wanted done while she's under. She said she didn't deserve me. I told her nobody deserves me, I am a sentence.

Oh and one more thing, I visited with Monteen this past weekend. She is well and misses all of you.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Tell Monteen I think of her often.
Thank you for taking me to meet her.

Give Tabitha my best wishes for her healing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks -- your thread has made it a lot easier to keep up hope and even though it's a rough road, there's an end to it. Thanks for keeping us posted, has let me know what to expect and prepare for.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabs is going to her infusions by herself. She said the nurses asked about me. LOL

Next Tuesday is her reconstruction. The Plastic surgeon complimented her on her wig. Made her feel "normal". He is going to give her a cup size increase gratis, since I paid cash up front for the other work.
His staff wanted to see Pippin videos, they are enamored with him.

7 more treatments and she can ring the bell. 21 weeks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update, I've refrained from commenting, however I have been following this thread with interest. I hope that things continue to go well.

Posts: 12231 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It reminded me of the chopping wood metaphor. Head down, keep chopping, eventually it gets done and you can breathe easy.

Thoughts are with y’all.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2383 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for you, Tabs, and doc next Tuesday. We've been so lucky that my grandmother and my daughter's mom have been able to ring that bell; hoping for a win coming your way too.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lost my cousin Andy today from cancer.
Was fairly quick, he didn't have to suffer too long.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She had the reconstruction and the tummy work done last Tuesday. The surgeon was very pleased with her and sent us home two hours after the surgery. I had my caregiver booklet and the nurse signed me off after I read and initialed it in front of her.

It's been a busy week and she has been extra whiney about the pain. I told her no pain, no pain and that she chose pain. She just chuckles and tells me I made her hurt herself making her laugh so it my fault. She said just the tummy work is painful, yeah he had to fix a bunch and remove fat to even it out.

At least she didn't have a ballsack for me to deal with this time.

I get her up at 4:00AM to give administer her pain meds and antibiotics, then check/change her dressings. Get her a protein drink, sprite and two bottles of water and off I go to work until noon and come home to repeat the procedure.

Her wounds NEVER bled or leaked these past 5 days.

This morning was the first that she was in good spirits and had already taken her meds. Her wounds look amazing. After 6 days, they are merely lines.

She heals like a super hero, but she says her tummy is still sore and she can feel it pull when she moves. Yeah, she's held together with matrix under the skin. I told her stop moving, then.

She has chemo next Tuesday and we will see if she can drive.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

I am so sorry. Cancer sucks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Great to hear. I, too, have withheld from posting. So glad she’s feeling better, and has had successful reconstruction!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I meet my maker and before he sends me to Hell, I'll only have one question, why do bad things happen to good people? Especially children.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:

I am so sorry. Cancer sucks.

Thank you. I haven't followed this thread much but I'll pray for you and yours.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I now have a project to work on in the coming weeks.

Not only do we manufacture the wayfinding for hospitals, we also make the cancer ward bells on dedication plaques for the ward donors.

Well, I ordered a mini bell and am going to make a small self standing dedication plaque for Tabitha's infusion ward team.

When Tabs rings the bell in a few months, I will have her ring the mini and present it to the nurses to display in their station window.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
An excellent idea. Those nurses can carry a heavy load with these patients. They deserve a little recognition.

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2383 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome project and I am sure it will be appreciated by all.

I hope to ring the bell myself in October which will be 6 months post chemo and cancer free.

Posts: 1130 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post