SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    And Another Cancer Rant
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And Another Cancer Rant Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We go see the plastic surgeon on Monday to schedule both surgeries.

Original doctor called last week and said chemo will be involved now that full pathology is back.

We all have RSV and have been under the weather. I have gone to work this past week so sick, I can barely function.

I made her take her cockatoo back to her room and hold him all day today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Have they given you access to her records (with her permission, of course)? As someone else said, no one has ANY business keeping that from you.
I’m sorry about the chemo. That’s just shit news, but worth it if it solves this. I’m glad she’s accepting her bird’s company. Can he have a travel cage/ night perch set up in her room, or is that not a good plan?

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5496 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Plastic surgeon was a great guy. Answered ANY question I gave him.

He said her cancer was too advanced for lumpectomy and that's all he was allowed to tell me. However he did say the prognosis is good.

He even told her there will be asymmetry after the surgery, but he will do the best he can.

We should know by the end of the week when the surgery is.

Tabitha has refused to open the understanding breast cancer folder they sent us home with, that I have read cover to cover and on top of it have done my own educational research. She is totally ostriching this.

I have a feeling they are going to find that it's in her lymph nodes.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34387 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel for you, Marzy! Stay strong for her.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9365 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got her to hold her bird this evening.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of a picture I have of a baby crow resting quietly on the back of someone’s hand, with the caption:
“We give comfort and receive comfort, sometimes at the same time.”

I hope they are taking comfort from each other.
I hope you are doing as well as you can with all that’s been happening to you and your wife.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We saw the oncologist today.

I REALLY like her. She was straight to the point and listened to Tab's concerns over her mortality and the 1% chance she had surviving her stroke she had. She said only two other women had ever survived and that Tabs must have an extreme will to live. The doctor was irritated at the cavilier attitude of psych services and told her she can have anything she feel will help her mental state and gave her lorazepam for the duration she's under her care. She pretty much said fuck the head shrinker.

She tossed me the full report and explained it line by line.

Tabs is double positive and the surgery, chemo and 5 years of anti-estrogen treatment will remove any chance of it returning. She said from her opinion of the scans that there is no danger of lymph invasion.

She told her the chemo will be rough. I will be expected to take her to and from infusion. No problem. It will be two regimens. She said she is going to kick this monster's ass and cancer looks for hiding under its bed and closet.

She got Tabs to laugh.

No surgery date yet because of the holidays. Regardless it will be first of the year and first chemo treatment will be as soon as she is mobile. I think they will put the line in during surgery.

Tabs is upbeat today and holding her bird.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Good news. Some folks do fairly well with chemo. You are fortunate to have a good oncologist. They can make the process much easier and understand the psychological implications rather well. THey actually come to the phone at 3am if you are having problems.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
For the doctors;

Nottingham Grade - 2

GATA3: Positive

E-cadherin: positive

Smooth Muscle Myosin Negative invasive

P64 - Negative invasive

HER2 FISH - Positive

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
When I took my wife for her chemo treatments through an infusion port, the nurses would set it up and leave. It was a time for us to be together. We enjoyed the quiet time together.
When COVID hit, I had to stay outside in the car and it made the sessions quite stressful.

PC

Posts: 1369 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Varies by hospital. Most are in a group setting with lots of snacks in the room. Sometimes family members behave inappropriately and they shut down visitors. Witout visitors the patients often talk to one another or sleep. Getting a quality chemo nurse is essential.

Posts: 17478 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is Tabitha doing?

I think of and pray for the two of you often.

I have family members that have been through the chemo journey and each has had different experiences and results.

I start chemo this Friday and as much as I have read about the side effects, I will not know for sure until they are hers.

Posts: 1133 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chemo effects are usually cumulative. Oncologists do their best to minimize side effects with antiemetic drugs and steroids.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers for both of you

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and yours, and hopefully 2024 will be better and healthier.

Posts: 2835 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Surgery is Thursday at 6:00AM.

She's been taking her lorazepam. It works, but it makes her severely impaired.

The closer it gets, the more anxious she is becoming.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Surgery is Thursday at 6:00AM.

She's been taking her lorazepam. It works, but it makes her severely impaired.

The closer it gets, the more anxious she is becoming.

I think thats normal for anyone having surgery. Best Wishes and prayers for y'all's 2024

Posts: 7865 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
She’s is my thoughts and I’ll be thinking of her Thursday am. I remember bursting into tears right before they knocked me out for a surgery. I thought I was brave right up until the anesthetist walked in.
She’s lucky to have you right there with her.

"Trust, but verify."

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
She complains that I am being too levelheaded.

Somebody has to hold this household together. I don't have the luxury of being distracted.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
When we went through this we did chemo first and then the surgery, with the logic that we could then see how effective it was before cutting. Was that discussed?

I don’t see either way as right or wrong necessarily, and other factors may apply. I was more curious about the prevalence of the option.

Good luck from down here in Roswell.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2387 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post