SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arflattop:
Never thought I'd cross over to the dark side....
Lots of comments like that in this thread. Smile

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Still don't have a Glock in the house...

I DO have a German 2022... Big Grin

Wes

Posts: 2426 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

Still don't have a Glock in the house... Big Grin

Wes

Do you keep it in your car? Or maybe the garage? That way no one can see you when you hold it? Big Grin

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to mention that I put 500 rounds through the G34 today. I wanted to break it in as I think it's perfect for a night stand gun.

It needs another 500 rounds but the beretta centurion is getting nervous Smile

No failures, no odd ejection, no issues but straight shooting......

I highly recommend it and enjoyed shooting it very much. I will always love the 20sf the most, I mean it is a 10mm, but the G34 is very cool.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm moving towards the G34 as a house gun.

Picture of rushintuit
posted Hide Post
I did buy a Glock and promptly traded it in on a Beretta PX4 Compact. I needed a gun with personality, a curve here and a bevel there.

SIG 522 Swat Commando///Beretta PX4 Compact .40///Mossberg 590A1 18.5 GRS///M1A Scout///Benchmade 755 MPR///SOG Vulcan....

Posts: 144 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: January 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rushintuit:
I needed a gun with personality, a curve here and a bevel there.
Oh, you were looking for pretty. Yes, that's the chief factor in my choice of defensive firearms.

pretty

It even sounds nice, doesn't it?

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Personality goes a long way.

"needed a gun with a curve here and a bevel there." Well, that's not needing a gun. Needing a gun is like needing a hammer. You have a job to do and the tool that gets it done is the order of the day.

Glocks are tools, and by that alone they are beautiful. I could give a shit what my tools look like as long as they do the job and do it well.

On the same token, which girl would you really like to take to the prom? The pretty girl who is fickle and prudish, or the plain girl who is a goer?

Hmm?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Redfish Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did buy a Glock and promptly traded it in on a Beretta PX4 Compact. I needed a gun with personality, a curve here and a bevel there.

Don't you know that the Glock 34 is beautiful; in a Lilith, Succubus kind of way!

Ken

Posts: 3652 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: December 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito ergo sum
Picture of trover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I'm moving towards the G34 as a house gun.

Mine's in the bedroom.

Posts: 3471 | Location: Where It's Hot & Humid | Registered: April 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RiSigowner:
Alright...should I get the 17 or 19?

Since i have a 17 and a 26, i suggest the 19. Seems like the happy medium.

Posts: 263 | Location: PNW | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

When I think of the history and evolution of the "modern" fighting handgun I think we've gone from handguns that oozes "personality" (like the Colt SAA) to pistols that progressively got the job done better with every generation, but also progressively seemed to lose "personality" with every generation. Its quite laughable to 1911 and revolver traditionalists to hear people who own these ugly black cookie cutter Euro-guns wax poetic about them and bicker amongst themselves.

With the introduction of the Glock 17 in the mid-80's here was a pistol that wasted no time and just got right to the point and its still rather a bit unnerving for many. Its just shockingly to the point and devoid of any superfluous affectations. Every Glock inspired polymer pistol since then has been a tentative step toward that same goal. Now is it possible to have both lots of personality as well as this no nonsense approach to shooting, owning, and maintaining a pistol? The answer seems to be NO. Personality somehow always gets in the way and has to make concessions for it. I think the point of this thread is we're basically waiting for everyone else to get "right to point". Even for those who got right to point but hesitated again....

And yes, you can still appreciate other pistols even if you appreciate Glocks. I have to shoot one of my "steel and wood" revolvers whenever I go to the range. For me being a gun enthusiast means appreciating them for their differences and not to hate them for it.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Alright....after a moderately long Glock hiatus, I purchased a Gen 4 G21 a few months ago. I like the G21 so much that I just purchased a Gen 4 G34 today....can't wait to hit the range.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Passed on the G26, and got a used 3rd Gen Glock 17 with 3 mags and one 33rd "fun stick"!
"Hi, my name is Dale and I'm a Glockaholic."

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushintuit
posted Hide Post
Beretta PX4 Compact = (pretty) COOL Cool Thanks Glock, couldn't have done it without ya!

SIG 522 Swat Commando///Beretta PX4 Compact .40///Mossberg 590A1 18.5 GRS///M1A Scout///Benchmade 755 MPR///SOG Vulcan....

Posts: 144 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: January 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew0002
posted Hide Post
I happen to think if you call yourself a gun enthusiast and haven't owned/own or thinking of purchasing a Glock, then you are not a collector.

I never liked the G22. It was the first handgun I ever purchased. I sold it away along with a G27. It pains me to think about now, maybe I should have kept them. I always thought I couldn't shoot well with a Glock, then I practiced more and what a know I'm better.
I still have a G17 that was my fathers, I will never sell it. If only because it was the old mans, but it also pains me every time I think of the guns I've sold.
Also don't you all think the G17 is a classic? I mean without it what would have been in its place?

Posts: 386 | Location: D-ville | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drew0002:
I happen to think if you call yourself a gun enthusiast and haven't owned/own or thinking of purchasing a Glock, then you are not a collector.

An "enthusiast" and a "collector" are not the same thing. Frankly you can have a safe full of guns, no glocks, and still be a collector. You can also have no glocks and be an enthusiast, or own only one pistol and not have glocks. But when you post in this thread to tell everyone how much you don't like them and have never owned them, you will buy a glock.

quote:

Also don't you all think the G17 is a classic? I mean without it what would have been in its place?

Had Gaston Glock not invented it, the same pistol would still have been invented at some point. But probably by Mr. Archibald Flamenhinkeltrombonoplermortebellapaintenprimerinone.

Harder to fit that on the side of a pistol.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

quote:

Had Gaston Glock not invented it, the same pistol would still have been invented at some point. But probably by Mr. Archibald Flamenhinkeltrombonoplermortebellapaintenprimerinone.

Harder to fit that on the side of a pistol.

I don't agree that the Glock pistol was necessarily destined to happen. Slightly worse or slightly better version of it? And maybe not introduced until 5 years later? 20 years later? Or maybe even never? Its possible. And would it have been executed as well as a Glock 17 in terms of simplicity? The same type of trigger and "safety" arrangements that has also been influential? And consistently produced in large numbers with same quality control for as long? etc etc. There's a lot of alternate realities that could have happened or not happened. On balance I'd say we were pretty fortunate that it was Gaston Glock and history did not take a chance with Mr. Archibald Flamenhinkeltrombonoplermortebellapaintenprimerinone. If it was that easy and inevitable you would think all the other inventors, designers, plagiarists, and mega-conglomerates would have produced a pistol that truly and convincingly betters the Glock pistol by a small margin by now. But they arguably haven't. The Glock annoyingly continues to dominate after all these years and multiple failed attempts by its competitors.

I think Gaston Glock himself would say he had to fight for every inch for the success of his pistol and its continued success to this day. The pistol was seen as poison then and its still considered poison in some circles even in this "Post-Glock Era". There is a special hatred and resistance reserved for Glocks that has remained consistent and unabated since its inception that no other pistol face. They dismiss his pistols as dumb luck that he gave away to win over America. Right..... Roll Eyes I think Mr. Glock would argue history didn't just lay out an easy path for him and everyone got out of the way. To this day Glocks enemies can't wait for the pistols' demise while ironically many of them have a polymer pistol on their belt. They can't wait to re-write history and make Glock a footnote in history. An overrated accident. What really bugs them is that it wasn't them.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of varmonter
posted Hide Post
I will have to say i have read bits and pieces of this thread over the course of the 3 years it has
reared it's ugly head here on this great sig forum.All have good points.I may someday drink the proverbial cool aid.But for now I will stick with my steel(well some aluminum also) pistols.
i can say for those of you that own gastons great creation.All have touted nothing but
good things about their function. As long as a firm grip is kept.Beauty is in the eye of
the beholder.Certainly some great intelligent orations here about this polymer wonder.thanks to all for keeping me entertained.

Posts: 770 | Location: East Toadsuck Vermont | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocketray
posted Hide Post
When I shot my first Glock a few weeks back, a Gen 4 G19, I shot exactly 2 mags, 30 rounds total. Of the 30, 9-10 ejected and hit me square in the face. That's one out of every 3 hitting me in the face. My two buddies were having the same issue. I've never been hit in the face with brass at a rate like that before. Is this common among G19's or Glocks in general? This was my only complaint, and I still may very well join the underground Glock brotherhood of Sigforum, but am curious about this ejection issue. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do we believe that the goal of government is to promote equal opportunity for all Americans to make the most of their lives? Or, do we now believe that government's role is to equalize the results of peoples lives?"
-Paul Ryan

Posts: 603 | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post