SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
rocketray,

Check the number on you ejector. If it says 336, then you have an older style ejector and it needs replaced. The weak ejection and brass to the face has been an issue with the newer Glocks.

Posts: 202 | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austerity
posted Hide Post
I post in this thread with my head hanging low. I bow in shame. I look up, and tell Para, sir, I should have listened. I should have known you were right.

He looks at me with confused discontent. I reveal my new Glock 19 Gen 4. He shakes his head, unable to speak, and points at the guillotine.

------------------------
"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

Posts: 1228 | Location: Evans, GA | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austerity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guinnessman:
rocketray,

Check the number on you ejector. If it says 336, then you have an older style ejector and it needs replaced. The weak ejection and brass to the face has been an issue with the newer Glocks.

What's it supposed to say?

------------------------
"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason

Posts: 1228 | Location: Evans, GA | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new ejector for the Gen 4 Glocks has the number 30274.

Posts: 202 | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

quote:

Also don't you all think the G17 is a classic? I mean without it what would have been in its place?

Had Gaston Glock not invented it, the same pistol would still have been invented at some point. But probably by Mr. Archibald Flamenhinkeltrombonoplermortebellapaintenprimerinone.

Harder to fit that on the side of a pistol.

I don't agree that the Glock pistol was necessarily destined to happen. Slightly worse or slightly better version of it? And maybe not introduced until 5 years later? 20 years later? Or maybe even never? Its possible. And would it have been executed as well as a Glock 17 in terms of simplicity? The same type of trigger and "safety" arrangements that has also been influential? And consistently produced in large numbers with same quality control for as long? etc etc. There's a lot of alternate realities that could have happened or not happened. On balance I'd say we were pretty fortunate that it was Gaston Glock and history did not take a chance with Mr. Archibald Flamenhinkeltrombonoplermortebellapaintenprimerinone. If it was that easy and inevitable you would think all the other inventors, designers, plagiarists, and mega-conglomerates would have produced a pistol that truly and convincingly betters the Glock pistol by a small margin by now. But they arguably haven't. The Glock annoyingly continues to dominate after all these years and multiple failed attempts by its competitors.

I think Gaston Glock himself would say he had to fight for every inch for the success of his pistol and its continued success to this day. The pistol was seen as poison then and its still considered poison in some circles even in this "Post-Glock Era". There is a special hatred and resistance reserved for Glocks that has remained consistent and unabated since its inception that no other pistol face. They dismiss his pistols as dumb luck that he gave away to win over America. Right..... Roll Eyes I think Mr. Glock would argue history didn't just lay out an easy path for him and everyone got out of the way. To this day Glocks enemies can't wait for the pistols' demise while ironically many of them have a polymer pistol on their belt. They can't wait to re-write history and make Glock a footnote in history. An overrated accident. What really bugs them is that it wasn't them.

Without Glock, there would be something just like it. But we wouldn't know, because we'd have no knowledge of Glock. Trying to decide what would have been in its place, or whether or not a Glock would happen without it being Glock, seems like a fruitless exercise. What if the 1911 had never been invented? The Garand? What if pants had never been invented? What if, what if, what if.

Objectively, in a world without Glock, there would still be a Glock. We just would call it something else, and it may or may not be different. But some pistol would be the toughest most reliable mass produced pistol. A rose by any other name.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
quote:

Without Glock, there would be something just like it. But we wouldn't know, because we'd have no knowledge of Glock. Trying to decide what would have been in its place, or whether or not a Glock would happen without it being Glock, seems like a fruitless exercise. What if the 1911 had never been invented? The Garand? What if pants had never been invented? What if, what if, what if.

Objectively, in a world without Glock, there would still be a Glock. We just would call it something else, and it may or may not be different. But some pistol would be the toughest most reliable mass produced pistol. A rose by any other name.

I simply don't accept the proposition that "Without Glock, there would be something just like it." There are infinite alternate realities we could ponder, everything from a pistol that is several generations better than Glocks to a junkyard full of polymer pistols that was rejected by everyone. It is a fruitless (though possibly) entertaining exercise. But fruitless. I think its better to just stick with our objective reality. The way things actually happened and give credit to someone who exerted his vision and his will into our world. The same way I wouldn't take John Browning, Samuel Colt, Mikhail Kalashnikov, or Eugene Stoners' contributions for granted and say if it wasn't for them someone else would have.

The harsh reality is, its the rest of us who are sitting around going "What if....."

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Switched out my "plastic fantastic" factory sights for a 10-8 Performance brass bead front and plain rear; doing so really upped my relationship with my G23.

Love this sight picture.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Erik328i
posted Hide Post
This thread is so true...

Still looking to add a G27 to the fold.

Posts: 10 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
Scored a very lightly used Gen 4 G21 for $480.00 this afternoon. Very pleased with that. Smile

Para's first post in this thread is so perfectly accurate that I find myself coming back every once in a while to re-read it. I laugh to myself because it describes my relationship with Glocks to a "T".

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new gen3 g34. I had some ejection problems. Brass to the face and top of head and 4 failure to feed all in the first 50 rounds.I read all about buy this extrator that ejecter.I was not happy!I thought about the problem and it seemed the extrator was not holding the case tight enough for a strong ejection.The case was coming off as soon as the ejecter touched the case.I took the slide apart.And I found so much production crap around the extractor cleaned it all out went to the range problem solved!I think a glock 22- 17l-17c or a 35 is next!

Posts: 196 | Location: Behind enemy lines in NJ | Registered: January 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeremiahjj:
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Swain0351:
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I need one in red, white, and blue. 'Merica!! Hell yeah!!

If they made one, I'd get one too!

Looks like someone does. Glockstore.com

I plan of stopping by TheGlockStore this week, they're local, I'll see if they have one. Cool

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and while I love the red, white and blue and cry when the American flag passes by in a parade, that is the ugliest gun I have ever seen. Others may feel differently, which is fine too.

+1 I agree the american flag should be flown and not wore as a shirt or as a firearm!

Posts: 196 | Location: Behind enemy lines in NJ | Registered: January 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
quote:

I simply don't accept the proposition that "Without Glock, there would be something just like it." There are infinite alternate realities we could ponder, everything from a pistol that is several generations better than Glocks to a junkyard full of polymer pistols that was rejected by everyone. It is a fruitless (though possibly) entertaining exercise. But fruitless. I think its better to just stick with our objective reality. The way things actually happened and give credit to someone who exerted his vision and his will into our world. The same way I wouldn't take John Browning, Samuel Colt, Mikhail Kalashnikov, or Eugene Stoners' contributions for granted and say if it wasn't for them someone else would have.

The harsh reality is, its the rest of us who are sitting around going "What if....."

I'm going to quote myself for clarity:

quote:

The "just like it" part of my statement applies to the properties of the pistol, not the actual Glock. Again, without Glock, something else would be the toughest, most reliable mass produced pistol.

quote:
Originally posted by drew0002:
don't you all think the G17 is a classic? I mean without it what would have been in its place?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Glock today, first pistol I've ever purchased that was NIB.

Mdl 19 Gen 4

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your Glock Shureshot!

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

I kind of hate you Para.....I was free & clear, DONE with Glocks...DONE!! Then this thread sucked me in, I posted all about how I'm "moving away from Glocks in my shooting life".....and in so-doing showed my ass to all.

So this is the mea culpa. I will be picking up a Glock 19 in the next couple of days....still not sure if Gen3 or Gen4, but there it is. And I freakin LOVE it. Yeah I said it. LOVE it.

Posts: 1731 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to say I'm still not a Glock owner. A new pistol just entered my stable but it's not a Glock.

Honestly... I don't like how they look, I don't like how they feel, and after shooting one I wasn't impressed.

Nope.. said it before, will say it again. No Glock for me.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I'm happy to say I'm still not a Glock owner. A new pistol just entered my stable but it's not a Glock.

Honestly... I don't like how they look, I don't like how they feel, and after shooting one I wasn't impressed.

Stop posting that shit in this thread. Good God.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Stop posting that shit in this thread. Good God.

Hate em all you want but they will always be around and always will be great weapons.

"The body is healthy when the heart is at ease."

Posts: 1154 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
There's an old saying...

"If you insist on being a sucker, at least be a quiet one!"

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post