SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Doktor Fronkenshteen says you must buy a Glokk!

But, what does Frau Blucher (horse whinny and neigh!) have to say about the matter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YHg65TmNfPw

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Picked up another today. I think that's number 30 or 31.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Crap. A nice used G17 RTF2 got traded in at the shop I work at. No box and one mag but has had less them 100 rounds shot out of it. It is calling me.....

ETA: I found the box. Has two mags. It will be mine next week!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ONLY Glock that I have ever owned that I REGRET parting with was a little OD Green G36......

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a NIB Glock 20 OD.

I could not resist the spell.

Posts: 219 | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Really? I would love to have that many guns in my collection. I have 3 Glocks as of today. :-) I'm still on the hunt for a Sig P239.

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Ein Hundert und fünfzig einer

Mein Gott!

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
I didn't think the G20 came in OD. Maybe it's the SF that's black only.

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why isn't this thread a sticky?

Posts: 61 | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
masakatsu agatsu
Picture of harbinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolman:

The same reason no one "knows" there is a God. It's all about faith, baby.

Making this thread a sticky would take away it's power!

Posts: 2626 | Location: TN | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because it stays up on it's own?

Just a WAG

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Really? I would love to have that many guns in my collection. I have 3 Glocks as of today. :-) I'm still on the hunt for a Sig P239.

That's just my glocks Wink

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first Glock, a gen4 g26 is on its way, wondering about a mag. ext. any favorites.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
My first Glock, a gen4 g26 is on its way, wondering about a mag. ext. any favorites.

I've used Pearce and GAP. Of the two, I prefer the GAP. It's not really an extension -- more of a spur that helps keeps your fingers from slipping off grip. However, I find that it gets in the way while reholstering, switching my grip (two-handed to one-handed, strong hand to weak hand), etc.

I tried both sizes of the "+0" Pearce, but I found that they both made the 26 even more pinch-inducing than usual. The deal with the Baby Glocks is that you will get pinched if your finger lies across the gap between the end of the grip and the baseplate of the magazine while you're firing. The mag jumps on recoil, and any flesh in that gap will get pinched. Not a big deal once, but after a few hundred rounds you'll get blood blisters -- unless you've got armor-plated hands. The Pearce extensions encourage you to "stretch out," and therefore make you more pinch-prone.

I went back to using the stock magazine bases. Choke up high on the grip, tuck your little finger under the baseplate, and you'll be fine.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
There is something about a glock. I sold all mine a month or two ago. Got to going through my ammo and found 1000+ rounds of .357 sig.

Now I own another Glock and its a 32. Out of the box they work, look good, and are very accurate.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally own a dreaded Glock. I did not actually buy one but horse traded for a Model 17 gen 3 in excellant condition. Can't wait to shoot it to see if it wouild make a pimple on a Sig's butt.

P229 - 40s&w/357sig
P230 - .380acp
P250 - Subcompact 40s&w
P365 - 9mm
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 110 | Location: Deep South | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FP2000H
posted Hide Post
Goddamn you, Para. For how long has this thread been going on now? And for what. To convince people that purchase of a Glock iss inevitable. I could have told you this. My first handgun was a Glock 19 pistol. Fine weapon. Gifted it to my brother eventually. Also owned a 37 and a 26 and ended up selling/trading both away down the road.

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the subconscious process of how one suddenly finds themselves purchasing a Glock when they really had no intention of doing so prior to the imposition of such a cruel choice - cruel because if conditions are right then it is not a choice at all. It is an imperative.

So as I wandered into GT Distributors and saw the Gen 2 Glock 19 w/ 3 hi-cap mags and respectable carried-a-lot-shot-a-little wear on the slide with a price tag of $329.95, I didn't think much as I asked to see it; however, somewhere in the back of my mind a war had already been fought and lost between reason and emotion and I was gonna be the last to find out about it.

I found the Gen 2 frame easier to settle into than the Gen 3 with the finger grooves - not that the finger grooves on my Gen 3 ever bothered me, but the absence of grooves made the frame sit just right in the grip. Field stripped it and looked down the barrel. Didn't look shot out to me and no damage of any sort. Wear was reasonable on the barrel and almost none on the barrel hood. LE trade in so price was low. Sales tax was merely an afterthought. Before I knew what was happening, I was filling out the 4473, paying, and then walked out with my new to me Gen 2 G19. This will be a suitable vehicle gun is how my feeble mind is rationalizing this purchase. But deep inside, I know the truth. I say again Damn you, Para, and your keen insight into human nature!

Obligatory pics:

update 10/11/2011:

I went ahead and had GT Distributors put night sights on the slide today. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. Since I bought the Glock there, I wasn't charged an installation fee. Glock factory night sights were $57. With tax they came out to $61. Date codes say AK and AK2; sights are marked MH3, also. I'm very pleased with the set-up and can't wait to shoot it this Friday or maybe Saturday morning.

Shitty iPhone pics.

I just love the wear on the slide. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP2000H,

#COMMUNISTMANBAD

Posts: 1743 | Location: TX | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:

So as I wandered into GT Distributors...

That was your first mistake. I have to force myself to not go to GT Dist on my days off.

I was contemplating that very same pistol there. I passed as I already have a G19, and Mark at Summit got some sweet Beretta 92g pistols. I am glad someone on the forum got it Cool .

Congrats.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FP2000H:
Goddamn you, Para. For how long has this thread been going on now? And for what. To convince people that purchase of a Glock iss inevitable. I could have told you this. My first handgun was a Glock 19 pistol. Fine weapon. Gifted it to my brother eventually. Also owned a 37 and a 26 and ended up selling/trading both away down the road.

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the subconscious process of how one suddenly finds themselves purchasing a Glock when they really had no intention of doing so prior to the imposition of such a cruel choice - cruel because if conditions are right then it is not a choice at all. It is an imperative.

So as I wandered into GT Distributors and saw the Gen 2 Glock 19 w/ 3 hi-cap mags and respectable carried-a-lot-shot-a-little wear on the slide with a price tag of $329.95, I didn't think much as I asked to see it; however, somewhere in the back of my mind a war had already been fought and lost between reason and emotion and I was gonna be the last to find out about it.

I found the Gen 2 frame easier to settle into than the Gen 3 with the finger grooves - not that the finger grooves on my Gen 3 ever bothered me, but the absence of grooves made the frame sit just right in the grip. Field stripped it and looked down the barrel. Didn't look shot out to me and no damage of any sort. Wear was reasonable on the barrel and almost none on the barrel hood. LE trade in so price was low. Sales tax was merely an afterthought. Before I knew what was happening, I was filling out the 4473, paying, and then walked out with my new to me Gen 2 G19. This will be a suitable vehicle gun is how my feeble mind is rationalizing this purchase. But deep inside, I know the truth. I say again Damn you, Para, and your keen insight into human nature!

Obligatory pics:

Almost makes me wish I'd a bought a Gen 2 instead of a Gen 3.. Eek

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hello...I'm new here.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post