SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have one of those long hunting barrels in their g20??? Im thinking of getting one, how do you like it? Id love to take a deer with the g20.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was able to go out on the range for the first time with my new G19. Straight away, I was more accurate than I am with my Sig. I know that's not the Sig's fault. That's between the ears. But I did think it would take some getting used to, and it really didn't. Maybe a Glock just suits my hand better.

Posts: 88 | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tucker3434:
Yesterday I was able to go out on the range for the first time with my new G19. Straight away, I was more accurate than I am with my Sig. I know that's not the Sig's fault. That's between the ears. But I did think it would take some getting used to, and it really didn't. Maybe a Glock just suits my hand better.

Gen4?

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:
Gen4?

Yep, with the large beavertail backstrap.

Posts: 88 | Registered: February 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well,
I have only been on this site a week, and your prediction came true. I bought a G20 Yesterday, cause I still have to wait for the Sig 220 in 10mm.

I also bought the a P238-SAS to help quell the hunger, but my wife immediately claimed it.

The G20 came with a lone wolf 6" Stainless barrel, as well as the stock barrel. I'm pretty new to this sport, so I was wondering how good the lone wolf barrels are. I got home late, so only put one round through it just because. I am hoping to get home before dark tonight, and try it out, with both barrels.

Posts: 20 | Registered: February 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lettusbee67:

The G20 came with a lone wolf 6" Stainless barrel, as well as the stock barrel. I'm pretty new to this sport, so I was wondering how good the lone wolf barrels are. I got home late, so only put one round through it just because. I am hoping to get home before dark tonight, and try it out, with both barrels.

Welcome to the sport and the group. I am also new to Glock’s and have also spoken to a lot of people about aftermarket barrels. The consensus is that Lone Wolf barrels are great, but most still prefer to just shoot with the standard Glock barrels.

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Couldn't wait for the end of the work day.
I went out at lunch and ran through about 50 rounds. Since this is a glock, where would be the appropriate place to get feedback on the glock?
Is the sigforum ok with that? Is there a more appropriate thread here, or should I be looking for another forum?

Thanks,

Posts: 20 | Registered: February 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lettusbee67:
Well, Couldn't wait for the end of the work day.
I went out at lunch and ran through about 50 rounds. Since this is a glock, where would be the appropriate place to get feedback on the glock?
Is the sigforum ok with that? Is there a more appropriate thread here, or should I be looking for another forum?

Thanks,

You can make a post under SIG PISTOLS-(Discussion of SIG and other pistols).

Appliance questions are usually fielded in The Lounge.
Movies, TV, Music and such can be filed in The Lair.

You will find this covered near the bottom of your signed waiver.

If you think it might be a common topic, you may want to try a search for it.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
[
You will find this covered near the bottom of your signed waiver.

Lettusbee --

Don't know how long you've been lurking, but the waiver is a long-running joke here, pay it no mind! Wink

As to your feedback, we're always happy to see that sort of thing.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9159 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Does anybody have one of those long hunting barrels in their g20??? Im thinking of getting one, how do you like it? Id love to take a deer with the g20.

I bought the long barrel back in October and really like it! I didn't hunt with it but I plan on it for 2015.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Three additions in the last year! And I used to be a hater!!
Glock 20 SF
Glock 19
And most recent, Glock 36 which is my favorite cc
Talon Grips and Truglow TFO sights on all 3.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So I picked up my LAV G19 RTF2 yesterday. My first impression is that the RTF2 texture, upon close inspection, is not exactly the same as the original RTF2. The G22 RTF2 that I had (complete with half-moon serrations) was like shark skin or cat's tongue. There were somewhat pointy caps on those polymids. These seem to be capless, and terminate at the top with a square profile, much like the polymids on the G42. Also missing from the low edge of the right side of the gripframe is the patent number window. Others have said they feel the same, but I am fairly convinced this is a revision of the RTF2 texture. It's entirely possible that I'm completely wrong, but at the very least, these pistols were not made from the same molds as the original RTF2 pistols.

That said, I really like it so far, and this model solved two complaints I had about my G22 RTF2. One being that the RTF2 texture was a bit too aggressive for IWB carry and, for me, relegated it to nighstand duty. For whatever reason, the texture seems slightly less aggressive and I think it will be more comfortable to carry IWB. The other being the slide finish texture is more like phosphate, and easy to grip anywhere along the length of the slide. The original RTF2's have the super slick slide finish that was difficult for me to grip with any authority anywhere but the half-moon serrations.

I installed the extended slide lock and magazine release and love them. Haven't, and probably won't mess with the baseplates. I love the sight picture. All this pistol needs is a smooth face trigger, grip plug, an Inforce APL and it's well on the way to becoming my favorite Glock.

I have to wonder if this is perhaps a limited test run preview of what to expect with the gen 5 Glock. This frame texture with the Gen 4 mag release and dual recoil spring would sell like hotcakes. There was some theorizing when the original RTF2's came out that it was a test run for the gen 4, and people complained about how aggressive the texture was, and then when the gen 4's hit, the polymids were the same shape but bigger and fewer. The G42 has smaller and more polymids at maybe half height. This run of pistols has even more and even smaller at maybe 3/4 height.

If anyone has a NIB RTF2 from the original run and is willing to take some extreme close-up pics of the polymids, I would sure be interested to have a look. My eyes and hands tell me this pistol is different.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
So I picked up my LAV G19 RTF2 yesterday. My first impression is that the RTF2 texture, upon close inspection, is not exactly the same as the original RTF2. The G22 RTF2 that I had (complete with half-moon serrations) was like shark skin or cat's tongue. There were somewhat pointy caps on those polymids. These seem to be capless, and terminate at the top with a square profile, much like the polymids on the G42. Also missing from the low edge of the right side of the gripframe is the patent number window. Others have said they feel the same, but I am fairly convinced this is a revision of the RTF2 texture. It's entirely possible that I'm completely wrong, but at the very least, these pistols were not made from the same molds as the original RTF2 pistols.

That said, I really like it so far, and this model solved two complaints I had about my G22 RTF2. One being that the RTF2 texture was a bit too aggressive for IWB carry and, for me, relegated it to nighstand duty. For whatever reason, the texture seems slightly less aggressive and I think it will be more comfortable to carry IWB. The other being the slide finish texture is more like phosphate, and easy to grip anywhere along the length of the slide. The original RTF2's have the super slick slide finish that was difficult for me to grip with any authority anywhere but the half-moon serrations.

Somebody I know was just showing me one this week and I agree. While I didn't have them both to compare side by side I didn't think the textures were the same. The LAV one seems to be less aggressive.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Today I was at a local range and wound up getting a good deal on a 3rd gen G17C.

I look forward to trying it out. Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I installed the extended slide lock and magazine release and love them. Haven't, and probably won't mess with the baseplates. I love the sight picture. All this pistol needs is a smooth face trigger, grip plug, an Inforce APL and it's well on the way to becoming my favorite Glock.

I have to wonder if this is perhaps a limited test run preview of what to expect with the gen 5 Glock. This frame texture with the Gen 4 mag release and dual recoil spring would sell like hotcakes. There was some theorizing when the original RTF2's came out that it was a test run for the gen 4, and people complained about how aggressive the texture was, and then when the gen 4's hit, the polymids were the same shape but bigger and fewer. The G42 has smaller and more polymids at maybe half height. This run of pistols has even more and even smaller at maybe 3/4 height.

If anyone has a NIB RTF2 from the original run and is willing to take some extreme close-up pics of the polymids, I would sure be interested to have a look. My eyes and hands tell me this pistol is different.

DOH!!!!! I have several RTF2s and have an LAV 19 waiting for me but I am a few thousand miles away from them at the moment.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
DOH!!!!! I have several RTF2s and have an LAV 19 waiting for me but I am a few thousand miles away from them at the moment.

Score! Big Grin

To re-iterate: The texture difference is subtle enough, but I notice it. I think it's a good thing that it's slightly less aggressive. If you are willing to check me on this, I would really appreciate it if and when you get the chance to reply back. Smile

Like I say, I don't have one of the originals on hand to compare against. This pistol's texture is different.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I have a P229 SS Elite and a 1911 STX unmodified and am extremely accurate with both. My Glock on the other hand has been totally gutted and overhauled into a USPSA Open Division Race Gun because I (others opinions respected) disliked the Glock Stock Trigger. I could have used the Sig's for competition because of their accuracy, but I didn't want to expose them USPSA dings & dents.

Posts: 7 | Registered: February 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Score! Big Grin

To re-iterate: The texture difference is subtle enough, but I notice it. I think it's a good thing that it's slightly less aggressive. If you are willing to check me on this, I would really appreciate it if and when you get the chance to reply back. Smile

Like I say, I don't have one of the originals on hand to compare against. This pistol's texture is different.

They are different. My original production G17 RTF2 has the pointy pyramids and feels a bit more abrasive than the LAVs that have come through the shop. I noticed the difference immediately, even brought my G17 into work a few months ago to do a side-by-side to verify.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I shot a friend's issued glock many years ago. I was required to carry a glock for some time by one department I worked for. I have never cared for the way a glock felt in my hand or cared for the trigger. I have never owned one and vowed I never will.

Yesterday, I picked up a P320 subcompact and shot it today. IMO the grip could be contoured a little better to fit the hand, like the P224. It was accurate and easy to shoot. I actually like it.

Being a striker fired pistol and having a "plastic frame", this is as close to a glock as I will get. Can this count as You will buy a Glock?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

Being a striker fired pistol and having a "plastic frame", this is as close to a glock as I will get. Can this count as You will buy a Glock?

No, but you still have time...

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post